Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>
bp

United Kingdom 

V handy to have Bodsey count me in ta v much

Post #66366822nd Jun 2010 10:13 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I've removed the Poll as it won't achieve what I wanted it to do Embarassed , so if you want to keep an eye on this thread for updates, please click on the Watch this topic button at teh top right hand corner of the thread.

Or alternatively, just reply to this thread and it should automatically do it Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #66381123rd Jun 2010 11:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crazy

Italy 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Yes, please.
Ciao
 Landy lover
Membro del Club 

Post #66383323rd Jun 2010 12:49 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Actually I can't remove the Poll Embarassed Embarassed Can a Mod remove it for me?

Anyway, Based on further ideas, feedback & additional pics, I'm currently updating the bible to include:-

Tool List Matrix for tasks
Jacking Point pics
Brake Sensor replacement inc pics
I'm also updating to include EPB shoe complete replacement

I'll let you know when it's been updated. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #6673102nd Jul 2010 11:04 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Version 1.3 is now updated to include....

Updated Tool List
Inserted Tool/Job Matrix
Added EPB Shoes change instructions
Added jacking point pics
Added Brake Pad Wear Sensor replacement & pics.

I've also put some arrows on to try to show the exact spots for people to look at, any feedback you guys have on if it's too much or any errors or corrections would be greatly appreciated. Thumbs Up

My Signature link now goes to a Brake Bible Folder, so you will only have one link and the latest version will be in there. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #6692727th Jul 2010 12:41 pm
NIDisco3

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Fantastic guide Bodsy, thanks for adding the extra info Thumbs Up

Post #6696778th Jul 2010 10:36 am
Ken

Page 7 Typo Beware, there is also a CTJ3000QL which is a quick lift version
of the above. There have been reports of this model twisting
under load when used on a Discovery 4 or 4.

Once the car is securely raised, you can remove the wheel nuts
using a 22mm socket and breaker bar. If you have a locking
wheel nut, please ensure that you have found this before
commencing work. (Break them first) Thumbs Up

Good Guide thou Thumbs Up

Post #6696868th Jul 2010 11:03 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll get it updated tonight Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #6697618th Jul 2010 3:46 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I've updated the Bible and uploaded the text changes suggested by Ken. I've kept it as v1.3 though. Latest one availabel will have 'Latest' in the PDF title. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #6699148th Jul 2010 10:04 pm
oldsalt

Australia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Bodsy.....thanks very much....great "bible" - if I was in the U.K. I'd buy you a pint (or two).
It's a lovely sunny day here so I may just go out and check the adjustment on the EPB - 'cause I can (now). Thumbs Up

Post #6699519th Jul 2010 1:47 am
anglefire

England 

I've had a quick slim read of the latest - and it looks fantastic - when I come to have to do any work, I'll get the latest off! Brilliant!

Is it worth removing the old versions? Not a major issue as its obvious what is the latest - but the old ones are now obsolete?
 Mark.
2006, D3 SE Auto - gone but not forgotten.
2014 BMW 530d M Sport Tourer.
1977 Triumph Spitfire 1500

Post #6699679th Jul 2010 7:33 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I'd thought about that, but there are some people with the links directly to the older PDF, which is why I've now linked to the Folder instead. At least in the folder link you should be able to notice which one is the latest version Thumbs Up

In fact, I think I'll re-name the older versions which may help. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #6699899th Jul 2010 9:19 am
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Nice guide Ian, I failed at the first hurdle though on handbrake calibration as despite following wheel change procedure I have used before (off road height, in gear, tailgate open) it still seemed to hunt for extended mode, despite initially pulling the wheel up as the sensor went light.

Is this because the handbrake is off, is there a secret to jacking it up for handbrake adjustment I missed do you or anyone else know? The jack I have is man enough, but I seem to run out of height before I can defeat extended mode!

Another top tip to add to the start, is if jacking in high temperatures your driveway may be soft and you will want to use a spreader plate like a piece of wood (of suitable size jack cannot fall off it of course). This advise from a man with two dents in his driveway the same shape as trolley jack front wheels...

Constant screamer/failure now, so need to get it sorted at the weekend, leaving in gear with brake off tonight which is not ideal Sad

Post #6702559th Jul 2010 9:44 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Paul, TBH, I try wherever possible to jack it up in Locked Access mode. Bizarre as it may seem, it DOES move the air suspension, but only to LIFT the wheel up as it should be in locked mode.
When in Off Road height, the air suspension is cross linked, so as the other side goes down becasue of the weight, the wheel on your side keeps heading further down onto the floor!

The other way of course (and is the way I tend to do it personally, is to jack the susoension arm, where the shock is bolted at the bottom.

Whether it's right or not is a different discussion, but makes jacking a lot easier for me. (I'm assuming that you've chocked your front wheels already.....?)
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #6702579th Jul 2010 9:57 pm
TallPaul

United Kingdom 

Front wheels, I chocked all 3 that were staying on the ground Wink (son of a mechanic, even if I work in IT, some things burned in my brain from a young age).

I wanted to jack the suspension arm, but I had two issues. One was that I was not happy with the angle on it, and the way my favourite block of wood would sit on it when raising. The second was that I could not get the jack and block under the arm, hence could not even give it a bit of a try to see how it looked.

I think the answer may be to jack it with no protection, or a rag to stop scratching the arm paintwork, rather than faff with the air suspension. Think is after a puncture I had it down to an art, and the damn thing would cock its leg like a desperate spaniel every time. I think I may have had the handbrake off in each case today and maybe that was it. Not tried access height (locked), not certain jack and block would fit under the chassis rail at that height.

Jacking the suspension arm is fine, how do you think the tyre places run them up on the lift without all 4 wheels drooping down, at least at the place I use they slide the rails in under the arms front and back.

Amusingly, I noticed that not only do you own the same halfords torque wrench, but you also have the same limited edition antique Halfords screwdriver set with the black rubber handgrenade handles and chrome vandium tips! Not seen another set in the wild before (got mine for £3 as obsolete when I found them at the back of the stock room circa '94 during my days at college working for the dark side on saturdays). Unless its someone else's photo, then its there limited edition antique halfords screwdriver set... (photo page 27)

Post #6702779th Jul 2010 10:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >