Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Remote Locking from KeyFob not working (Again)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 11 <123 ... 678 91011>
mallo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Zac I will look at this, I've had a new windscreen just over a year ago. I notice the water seems quite a way up the front carpet in the passengers well. Where do you access the pollen filter from??

Post #146474027th Apr 2015 6:41 pm
ZacSmith

United Kingdom 

Mallo - check this link

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic106967....len+filter
 VIN: A175A328***  
Post #146526928th Apr 2015 4:58 pm
mallo

Hi Zac
Thanks for the link I will have a look at it when I get a chance over the weekend, and the rain stops....

Post #146619930th Apr 2015 1:01 pm
Jamesact21

United States 2005 LR3 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteLR3
Which Side?

gruodiz wrote:
Found the problem. It was green with white stripe wire splice on LHD vehicle passenger side, LH side.

I have a US LHD LR3 -- is it the passenger side (RH when sitting in car, LH when looking at front of car -- as if opening hood/bonnet)?  
Post #14691006th May 2015 4:48 am
mallo

Water in the foot well

Hi all

Further to finding water in my foot well and non-working central locking I have tried all the possible leak areas, and I think I have finally found the culprit…… a rotten sunroof drain….. Rolling Eyes

I find it very strange that the designers at Landrover design an expensive vehicle and then fit something that is going to rot (in 10Years) behind the main fuse board (water and electricity don't mix)….. I don’t understand the logic.

Also what Censored grade of rubber rots in 10years, without any light too……

It beggars belief, Evil or Very Mad

Anyhow I am happy to of found the source of the water and now the fun of replacing the pipes.
Very disappointing Landrover…….

Landrover customer relations please note the problems above……

Post #147405915th May 2015 2:37 pm
svetlxo

Bulgaria 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

You are amazing guys! How do you find those green-white wires? I just put them together and my key is working again.
Many thanks!

Post #151781620th Aug 2015 8:42 am
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

well triggers central lockings been playing up since standing for 2 weeks whilst on me hols, will be following the instructions on the thread int morning...yours in anticipation... Thumbs Up

Post #15237182nd Sep 2015 10:01 pm
carreragt7

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyLR3

Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread! It helped me resolve my problem. When I bought my LR3 a few months back neither of the keys worked, and based on the age of the vehicle I assumed the key fob batteries were needing to be replaced. Bought the new batteries and replacement housings, and still didn't work. Ran across this and a couple other threads about the issue, and with the help of posts in this thread was able to fix my non-responsive key issue in 20 minutes.

For those folks searching for this info: On a US spec (assuming all left hand drive models) the wiring harness in question is on the right hand side of the vehicle, AKA the passenger side. I saw a few people repeatedly ask this and even someone answer it but they said LH side, which even their picture contradicted. So I hope this clears that up.

Thanks again to all!

Post #154426413th Oct 2015 9:36 pm
lovemylr3

2005 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

Thanks for the great thread.

I too have managed to solve the non-working keyfob problem by re-connecting the faulty wire splice found in the big wire loom in the RHS. (I have a LR3 so it is obviously a US spec model). The key fob works as expected every time for about 3 weeks and now the key fob stops working again after a heavy rain storm yesterday. I am now really puzzled what else may have gone bad?

I checked the fuse #43 and it is good. I checked there is no water inside the cabin..

I now wonder if there is a similar green wire splice on the LHS that I need to look at?

Anyone has similar experience?

Thanks for any guidance and/or insights..

Post #15859832nd Jan 2016 5:54 am
epninety

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Another great thread on the D3 forum Very Happy

My remote locking packed in during all the December rain. This morning I took a couple of litres of water out of the passenger side 'gulley', found the wire splice, crimped and plasti-dipped.
Locking now working again Thumbs Up

Rodded out the sunroof drains, cleaned the door seals, drying out the carpet and soundproofing as best I can. Now waiting to see if the car gets wetter or dryer over the next few weeks...

Post #159821523rd Jan 2016 7:18 pm
Coboxis

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Great information Hub!

Thanks guys. Had the same problem. Destroyed one remote and nothing improved even though it worked for 24 hours. Ripped side sills etc off and found the 3 green wires in question and some water.

Resoldered then sealed them. Then relocated them to the top of the wire stack to avoid anymore water in case it floods again. Found an old remote I had not used for two years and boom! Magic, love getting in my car without using the key on passenger side at 5am!

Just need to find the entry for the water and then I will be happy. Let me know if you have solved your water problem!

Thanks

Post #161507023rd Feb 2016 9:55 pm
george.hostford

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
key fos not working

I have had this problem twice. The first time the local independent, Newbury 4x4, concluded the control module needed replacement, bill was between 100 - 200 and all ok. After heavy rain on Tuesday it had the same problem and this time water was dripping out of the front roof console. They didn't have much time to look at car so just got the sun roof drain cleared. I suggested the green and white wire mentioned and they agreed. So today I had a look in the left hand sill area to see if I could find the culprit. After an age of prising trim from clips I finally managed to identify the connector joining 3 wires together. Using a stanley knife, I pared away the insulation and could see the tell tale sign of corrosion - copper oxide - chopped the cables back to clean wire, twisted them together and the key fob worked fine. Soldered the three wires together and sealed the wires with a length of shrink fit and put most of the trim back.

During my investigation phase, I was unable to locate the module that controls the central locking etc. I had assumed it was in the roof lining but was unable to see it. Does anyone know where this module is located?

Regards,
George

Post #162433612th Mar 2016 11:30 pm
OursBlanc

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Hi y'all

I've same issue for a couple of weeks.
My local LR dealer sold me a new key saying mine were a little bit too old. After recoding the new one, they came back to inform me this was not working ! They need to investigate more !
As usual, not efficient at all.

So, today, I've tried to follow the RF cable (green + Green/white) located upper passenger seat. It seems the wire is entering in a loom, running along the left, and going along the windscreen down under. Then the loom is joining a bigger one.
It seems this wiring tube is going down under along driver seat (into the channel protected by a plastic cover). Did this big wire loom going under the passenger seat ?

If yes, I need to remove the passenger seat, remove the carpet to open the plastic cover protecting the channel along the passenger seat to find out the RF module wires. Is it correct ?

Looking to passenger carpet, it seems there is some humidity under it (not so much). Don't know where it comes from. The Sunroof tube have been changed and seem to be sealed.

Well, if my understanding is good, there are some connections along these wires on left side. That's correct ?

So many thanks for your feedback, guidance, helps ...

Regards.
Laurent

Post #162897321st Mar 2016 6:32 pm
rbellinge

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

hey all, just to add to the knowledge base, I got caught in a massive downpour, water leaked down the front windscreen pillars into the cab, then the next day the fob didnt work. sunroof downpipes got cleared and rubber outlet valves got cut back, no more water ingress despite torrential rains recently. then went searching for this connector.

I found it as others have said along the footstep area below the door towards the rear seatbelt pillar of the front passenger seat. i cut it out and stripped it back, it was green with corrosion, re-soldered and heat shrunk.

Also took my wifes hair dryer and spent an hour drying out the footwell. Im amazed it didnt stink of mould, it was sopping! previous owner clearly gone searching but never found the issue and I assume it was one of the myriad reasons i got this AMAZING vehicle so dang cheap.

BUT....

Once resoldered connection, fob still didnt work! davastated, as a last ditch effort I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes (I didnt short +ve to -ve like LR suggest for a full hard reset though)...

and HEY PRESTO! Fob works a charm, and has done so for a month now. Phew!

Thanks to you lot for the impressive collective knowledge, enabling me to afford this outstanding vehicle. If I took it to someone to fix all these issues (and there have been dozens!!), I'd be out about $15,000 by now. Thus far however, I'm out about $600! Legends, the lot of ya.

Post #164291419th Apr 2016 5:24 pm
oldstout

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
Another victim here...

Both my fobs gone the same way so looks like my one day off is gona be spent pulling the car apart.. Evil or Very Mad

I'd bought two fob cases and was about to replace batteries and switch cases until finding this thread so great advice 8)

I've had the car less than two months and already had a flat battery after not shutting the glove box fully Whistle Rolling Eyes

Sun's shining so tally ho!!

Post #164316020th Apr 2016 10:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 11 <123 ... 678 91011>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >