Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

So hope this is not a sign of things to come
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
gortyboyz

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
So hope this is not a sign of things to come

Picked up my first D3 (SE 55 plate 68K miles)last Wednesday. PLeased as much but some intial things have already creeped in that makes me hope things are taking a turn for the worst.....

Juddering under acceleration at around 30 MPH. Have it booked in but have searched around the interweb and have noted this might be down to auto gearbox needing flushing????
    A squeaking sound linked, I think to something revolving underneath around the centre I think (linked to revolving part as it slowly increases as I accelerate. Sometimes quite loud and sometimes nearly un-noticeable)
    One of the rear seats not locking

I did take this car no matter what but I really thought more enjoyment than this before the troubles creep in. Dropping of at the garage where I bought it from tomorrow so they can check it over

Signed up with Warranty Direct on Friday, £550 for Extra care so hopefully something, whatever it is will be covered by someone, most likely not good will from the garage but we will see!!!

Sad Sad Sad Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #8427042nd Oct 2011 8:11 pm
ron3005

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

if you bought off a garage they should cover the repairs as you only picked it up wed.They are duty bound as they must give you a waranty of at least 3 months mybe someone will post if I'm correct

Post #8427262nd Oct 2011 9:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

noise under the middle of the car and when increasing speed could suggest the transfer box is goosed/or about to be.

Gearbox judder - yep very common for us D3's however I would say that having the gearbox flushed/new pan filter is only a temp solution and will always come back after a year or so.

MHO is reject the car as soon as possible and get yer money back as these two symptoms are expensive to sort but get advice from yer local trading standards office or search online to find out the formal proceedure Thumbs Up

BTW, was it by chance a silver one with tinted rear windows, side steps and off road tyres and dent across the roof line to suggest its gone under a low entry Whistle

Post #8427492nd Oct 2011 10:24 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

gortyboyz

Firstly welcome to the site and I hope you remain a site frequenter. Thumbs Up
Where in Kent are you?
Was the car brough from a reputable garage, I take it it was not a main dealer?
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #8427512nd Oct 2011 10:29 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gortyboyz

It was from Autoplanet in Maidstone and I am also from Maidstone. There was some so called "Duty of care" warranty that seemed to cover obvious things but only up to the value of £350 I think which now makes me a little concerned but happy to fight the good fight with them either way I suppose.

Post #8427843rd Oct 2011 7:15 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

It drives me up the wall that companies can get away with that (assuming you didn't pay trade price?)

Loads more here - http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/

particularly:

Quote:

during the first six months:

The consumer returns the goods in the first six months from the date of sale and requests a repair or replacement or a partial refund. In that case, the consumer does not have to prove the goods were faulty at the time of sale. It is assumed that they were. If the retailer does not agree, it is for the retailer to prove that the goods were satisfactory at the time of sale. This comes from Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002, derived from EU Directive 1999/44/EU which became Clauses 48A to 48F inclusive of the Sale of Goods act in April 2003

after the first six months:

Under sale of goods legislation (Sale of Goods Act 1979, Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994) consumers are entitled to expect that any goods they buy are of satisfactory quality. That is, that the goods meet the standard that a reasonable person would regard as satisfactory taking into account the way they are described, their price, and any other relevant circumstances, such as the fact that they are second-hand or used. ... ..
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #8428193rd Oct 2011 9:42 am
gortyboyz

character wrote:
noise under the middle of the car and when increasing speed could suggest the transfer box is goosed/or about to be.

Gearbox judder - yep very common for us D3's however I would say that having the gearbox flushed/new pan filter is only a temp solution and will always come back after a year or so.

MHO is reject the car as soon as possible and get yer money back as these two symptoms are expensive to sort but get advice from yer local trading standards office or search online to find out the formal proceedure Thumbs Up

BTW, was it by chance a silver one with tinted rear windows, side steps and off road tyres and dent across the roof line to suggest its gone under a low entry Whistle

What, if anything of the above would be covered by Warranty Direct if the above was true....?

I will give them a chance to comment as they have not had a chance yet but I suspect the worst from these people.....just in my nature I am afraid......

Dropping it off soon. Then will be expecting an update when I get back from my business trip late Wednesday evening. Hopefully with a plan of action on what is going to happen

Post #8428593rd Oct 2011 11:33 am
ads2007

United Kingdom 

They usually have a cooling off period so probably too early to claim? To prevent cover being placed on pre-existing faults.

I think you're better off heading to the garage you bought it from if there are problems - Honest John advice in the above post he's someone who's advice I always value when it comes to motoring issues! Also if you have a problem with the garage it's worthwhile asking him for help as he's usually willing to get involved or will point you in the right direction

Best of luck either way!

Post #8428823rd Oct 2011 12:06 pm
gortyboyz

Well the car is all dropped off with the expanded list of faults. Off to Germany for a business trip no and waiting for the phone call to see what "They" think is wrong with the car...... There was less antipication with the birth of my 3 kids then waiting to see how honourable these guys are going to be!

Will keep updated if you are interested!

Post #8428983rd Oct 2011 12:25 pm
gortyboyz

UNBELIEVEABLE

Went to pick my car up this morning and Autoplanet have gone into Administration and my car is locked inside. Got through the Administrators and they said they will try to get hold of someone on site to release my car but I have been up there and there is noone there!

Honest John....do I have a leg to stand on?

Post #8441766th Oct 2011 11:28 am
disco3wannabe

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Oh crikey, the car is yours - V5 proves so it will be released no problem but as far as issues, think you're b***ered as the warranty cooling off period won't cover and the garage aren't going to rectify it if in admin.

Only thing is whether you were given a 3 month warranty with the car that would cover it straight away.

Post #8441836th Oct 2011 11:45 am
CFB

United Kingdom 

Nightmare, I feel for you as I doubt there is a damn thing you can do if they are in administration.

Have you already tried to claim from Warranty Direct? If not then all you can do is keep quiet for a few weeks until the exclusion period ends and then a couple of weeks after that get it in to be checked over
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #8441846th Oct 2011 11:49 am
ZacSmith

United Kingdom 

The wear and tear exclusion is 90 days unless you negotiated different at point of signature.
 VIN: A175A328***  
Post #8441856th Oct 2011 11:50 am
gortyboyz

Well I spoke to them yesterday morning and they had an hour of work left which should have meant it was fixed (at least what they deemed fixed) so I think the work may have been done fingers crossed. I may have a battle now regarding payment but that is a slightly different matter. Just want my car back at the moment to be honest

Post #8441876th Oct 2011 11:55 am
haroosh

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Rimini RedDiscovery 3

you have been so unlicky with the sequence of events. Hope you get car back soon and its sorted...

Post #8441896th Oct 2011 12:00 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >