Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Service Costs on my TDV6 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Winnie6024

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi, just signed up new to the site but really impressed with what I have read. I have a 2005 Disco TDV6 HSE since May 2006 - I have covered 10000 trouble free miles thus far (I hope I'm not tempting fate) and I love the car. Here's the point of my posting.... She was serviced at 8k and due a second service I would guess at 23K (which with my current schedule looks like mid November). How much can I reasonable expect to pay for the 30k service? Also some feedback on Stratstone in Wooburn would be gratefully received as they are the most local dealership to me.

Thanks

Post #906453rd Oct 2006 12:24 pm
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi there,
Had to use Wooburn for service and a recent replacement tire. They are not as customer focused as some places around [ reading other posts on here]. I asked around for price when we got our SE serviced at 15,000 and they matched the price, courtesy car was small ford, but the feeling that I get from them is always neutral to slightly unsatisfactory. PM me if you want any specific queries answered. Hope that is helpful Smile

Post #910604th Oct 2006 3:04 pm
Winnie6024

Hi Jollybodger

Thanks for your reply. I have now made arrangements with Stratstone in Aylesbury for 30k service - In checking prices it appears they made an error but are willing to stand by the price they quoted which I though was good of them, however what I cannot get my head around is the vast variance in price across dealerships for the same service prices ranged from £379 to £575.

They have arranged a loan car whilst the work is carried out and will ensure that all patches/enhancements etc are up to date on the day. I will post back once the work is complete its will be good to see if they 'Walk the Walk' as well as they 'Talk the Talk'!

Thanks again.

Post #911294th Oct 2006 5:29 pm
Winnie6024

see below

Last edited by Winnie6024 on 6th Nov 2006 8:08 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #992736th Nov 2006 8:00 pm
Winnie6024

OK just in from getting my car back from its 30k service. I said I would comment on the 'Stratstone Aylesbury experience'.

So here it is.....'GREAT'!!!!!

Disco3 serviced, enhancements completed, air compressor checked,, they even replaced the wipers FOC (on an 18 month old car). They fixed problems I didnt even tell them about (my vibrating fan) and kept their promise in regards the quoted price. I cant fault them.

Oh and my car is like new, more grunt down the rev range, no more 'lets make your life a little more interesting flat spot'. My inane grin is back and will take a while to wear off.

Anyone would think its my birthday........Oh hang on it is!!!!

Post #992756th Nov 2006 8:01 pm
ian franklin

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

sorry just added a post on general, i have just complained about huge variation but got from 540 to 400 in under 5 minutes

Post #992836th Nov 2006 8:22 pm
jollybodger

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Happy birthday Winnie6024, glad to hear that you're pleased with their service. I had to pop back to my "local" team last week, i kept coming up and it appears there is a leak in the coolant system. Part on order and I will contacted. One +ve point in favour of Wooburn is that they did pick the car up for some work (I think that it was a warranty job so that may have some nearing). Once this is sorted I may try Aylesbury for next service/issue.
Cheers
Jollybodger

Post #993397th Nov 2006 12:10 am
gbroadbent

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

service costs on disco 3 hse
just got a letter from Rocar Moores in Huddersfield to tell me about free upgrades to engine management and heater system and that my service is due soon
they say the service will cost £225 with the upgrade free
have booked in for next week
 graham  
Post #999268th Nov 2006 6:13 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I think it's true to say that servicing costs will always generally be cheaper up north, or west. Anywhere near London is going to be pretty dear, although I don't think it should be personally. I recently had a quote from Wooburn Green L/R for a 1st service on a D3, £447, (an oil and filt change and a few other bits & bobs, 2hrs work or so). This was my supplying dealer and after telling them I had a quote for £285 from another dealer not far away,the most they would drop was 15% off the original figure. So sha'nt be using them then. Smile

Post #1000419th Nov 2006 12:46 am
daveh

Austria 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have a 2005 'S' and paid £500 for two services they serviced it at 15k and its due again at 32k but they tell me thats covered in my £500 will have to see, local dealer is Hillendale of Nelson Lancs they have been very good so far even with my pre-heater vanishing act at 15k service. They expressed concern of the legality of removing a part of my car even just software and said they would contact LR direct. I think this will be an interesting area when LR release 2008/9 model with pre-heater, all us lot with 2004/5 models had it, just had to flick the radio on, it worked a treat!! Crying or Very sad Smile

Post #1000479th Nov 2006 1:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >