Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Simon.pl - a little different Base Coiler
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
r4ff

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

We have a metal smith on camp luckily so when it arrives I'll take it to him for a once over, should only cost me a crate of beer or two hopefully.
What really annoys me is that he was very pushy for the money to be sent, but since then has been so lax with his replies to my emails that it's almost like he's doing it intentionally... Though if I can get my disco to look half as good as yours I will be a very happy man Mr. Green
 what is this life, if full of care?
we have no time to stand and stare.

Post #148830216th Jun 2015 11:36 am
Simon.pl

Poland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

It will be very expensive beer I guess Rolling with laughter

This is the same scenario - email every day if the money had already been sent, and than silence.
My friend from Spain, who was in touch with him, forced him to keep sending me photos from the progress (some of them attached here - with the red disco), but you couldn't believe the stories she had to listen to Neutral

At the end she stated he must have been crazy or something.. And I thought it was just because of his google english we can't communicate properly Rolling with laughter

Keep fingers crossed! Just remember - the bumper NEEDS to be solid as hell - if you want to use winch. So better improve it right away when you get it. I know the feeling - having it on a car as soon as possible makes you blind for some very important details Thumbs Up
 Wrapped Satin Yellow&Black; Lovells 2" Gas Legend Kit, OME hard springs. ATX 192 17" wheels with Cooper STT M/T tires. ProSpeed Roof Rack & Rear Ladder. Custom made underbody protection, front bumper, rock sliders, spare wheel and accessories mountings, drawer system. WARN 9,5XP Winch. Front and Rear Light Guards, Safari Snorkel. VIAIR X'treme Duty OBA, Traxide USI-160 system, Danhag GSM & IPCU modules, IID Tool BT, James Baroud roof tent and awnings, and air horn for fun Smile  
Post #148831816th Jun 2015 12:09 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

How is it with insurance back home in reg to all those mods you have applied as UK is "special" in this case

G

Post #148832016th Jun 2015 12:15 pm
Simon.pl

My approach is - if I pass MOT - got legal prove everything is all right Mr. Green
I don't think insurance company is the one to judge if the mod is legal, or not, BUT I'm aware, that in case of serious accident there could be a problem.
So best solution is to drive safe and avoid dangerous situations Thumbs Up
 Wrapped Satin Yellow&Black; Lovells 2" Gas Legend Kit, OME hard springs. ATX 192 17" wheels with Cooper STT M/T tires. ProSpeed Roof Rack & Rear Ladder. Custom made underbody protection, front bumper, rock sliders, spare wheel and accessories mountings, drawer system. WARN 9,5XP Winch. Front and Rear Light Guards, Safari Snorkel. VIAIR X'treme Duty OBA, Traxide USI-160 system, Danhag GSM & IPCU modules, IID Tool BT, James Baroud roof tent and awnings, and air horn for fun Smile  
Post #148835716th Jun 2015 1:59 pm
grzesiul

good man Thumbs Up

Post #148837716th Jun 2015 3:22 pm
Simon.pl

Drawer system complete Mr. Green

All the very important things beneath the drawers Twisted Evil

And new stickers on the windows Wink

Thumbs Up
Post #148860816th Jun 2015 11:24 pm
Simon.pl

Decided to check my tailgate latch lately.
My base version didn't have any covers on the components Shocked At least getting inside was quite easy Laughing

Seems like it was the last moment for replacement! You can see a crack in the corner

Used metod described by JDS

Works like a charm Thumbs Up
Post #148992919th Jun 2015 5:28 pm
Simon.pl

Installation of hot shower has just ended Mr. Green

The 20kW heat exchanger was connected with the thermostatic valve through three way joint (cold water goes into the heat exchanger and the valve itself), so I don't have to worry about the temperature (in theory Rolling with laughter ).
It can manage temperature between 35 - 60 Celsius degree, so IF the water pump is not too strong (and I'm afraid it may be), it should work 8)

The biggest problem was of course - TO FIND THE PLACE under the bonnet Big Cry
I have my Webasto taken out for service but even though it had to be concerned that the heat exchanger heats itself so can't be to close to plastic, wires, etc..
And suddenly reminded myself, that there was plenty of room in front of the cooler! Mr. Green
Had to move some wires from DRL's, thermometer and additional lights I used to have last years in front, and cleaned the space quite nicely Very Happy

Than just used two 20mm hoses to connect just right after Webasto and here it is! Mr. Green

Just can't wait to see if it really works and the heat exchanger is capable of heating the water flowing with 9,5l/min Rolling with laughter Hope, there is a lot of lakes/rivers in Georgia/Armenia Mr. Green

Thumbs Up
Post #149214524th Jun 2015 11:04 am
Simon.pl

Noticed I didn't prove the shower actually works 8)

So here it is:

Option for a warm evening Very Happy I must say - when there was a lake, or a brook with warm water - the shower was giving real hot water!

Click image to enlarge

If there is windy outside there is option 2:

Click image to enlarge

But we were also high in the mountains where the brooks were created with from the melting snow - than the shower was not as warm as you would expect, but still - with the outside temperature around 10 deg

Click image to enlarge

we could enjoy warm water Wink

Click image to enlarge

It's always good to remember to pack all the hoses for the night - especially when cows are around Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Oh - and drawer system in use:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And our dog favourite shelter Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Love the setup!

Click image to enlarge

Thumbs Up
Post #15733796th Dec 2015 11:29 pm
Iceman08

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Great thread Thumbs Up

I love what you've done with your disco and that you use it how it should be used 8)

Keep up the good work Bow down

Post #15734037th Dec 2015 12:35 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

well done young man..amazing

Post #15734137th Dec 2015 1:42 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Simon.pl

Thanks chaps! Thumbs Up

Seems like there is almost all done - what will I do next Question Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Thumbs Up
Post #15734247th Dec 2015 6:24 am
ArdbegBold

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Great read, great work, well done Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
I did have a plan for some small modifications in the near future............
......but plans invariably change Idea Idea Idea Idea Idea

Many Thanks

Post #15734257th Dec 2015 6:47 am
Simon.pl

Sorry ArdbegBold for spreading the disease Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up
Post #15736107th Dec 2015 3:45 pm
grzesiul

kind a disease you want to catch hmmm Wink

Post #157527610th Dec 2015 12:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 9 <123456789>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >