Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

'Safety' devices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
'Safety' devices

Looking through an old copy of T3 in the 'smallest room' after I got back home today, I've been thinking about buying one of the 'speed safety devices' - currently the new road angel looks the best, although one of my pet hates is all the cables that such devices need are generally cluttering up the dash. two - fold (not two - ply) question, does anyone know of an intergrated solution, or alternatively a better / less messy make / model that fits in a Disco 3 nicely. I was also considering sparking off a debate about a fully LR intergrated solution - all the required components are there, GPS, road speed input, screen etc. all thats needed is a software 'fix' Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
However, contempating this, I got to thinking that if it was implemented, it could also intergrate with other systems..... (the nanny state will love this)such as controlling road speed to within the speed limits, using forward PDC to control vehicle separation Shocked then it all got too much and my head imploded with the impending dullness of driving if this was implemented Rolling Eyes

Any info or experience you can pass on will be much appreciated !

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #711515th Jul 2005 6:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

Guess what, I have a fix. Don't speed Very Happy .

Seriously, the Road Angel is a powerful GPS and if you look on the ww.holux.co.uk site you will find special leads they make that link a PDA to a Road Angel. Holux by the way, make the GPS unit for Road Angel, call Steve he is the guy.

Post #711815th Jul 2005 6:40 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Fanx BN, I 'generally' don't speed - not in UK anyway.... Shocked
I just want to even up the odds a bit against the nanny state - and have a tidy installation!
Don't think i'll need to link a PDA as the HSE on order has navigation built in - assuming they remember to put it in Rolling Eyes and i've already got a hand - held GPS receiver (Garmin 76s if you're interested)

Cheers,

10forcash

Post #712015th Jul 2005 6:50 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BN

England 

The best way then is to link in from the aux power socket at the back and put the lead out onto the tiny shelf in front of the SatNav. The RA will actually work through the heated screen as it is a powerful unit.

Post #712215th Jul 2005 6:59 pm
Pelyma

England 

My mate has the B2 Origin in his merc. Its a nice unit and he cocealed the wires behind the facia. It works well, particularly in areas like Leeds were they zap you with a camera and then eat you Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #713415th Jul 2005 9:58 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I've got this setup in my 90 - hp ipaq with Bluetooth GPS and TomTom Navigator (although that photo shows it running Memory Map with OS maps).

Have used TomTom a fair bit, and it's very good. I had it set up with the speed camera database (available from www.pocketgps.co.uk) and it would count down (and speak down) warnings to nearby cameras. Very cool, but not especially handy in the 90 really Smile

Martin

Post #714015th Jul 2005 10:41 pm
BN

England 

I need to speak with about that Martin, because dammed if I can get the POI for the camaeras to work?

Re the 90, do you put your foot down when you see a camera just to see if you can reach 30 mph Very Happy

Post #715516th Jul 2005 7:54 am
Pelyma

England 

How rude Wink
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #715916th Jul 2005 8:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: