Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

What a Week End
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
What a Week End

Service time for my motor so I had planned it for this week end, first my touch screen decided to not boot up and was stuck on boot error. No problem get my recovery disk out insert disk "computer say no can read disk disk error Big Cry .

Thanks to Wiggs sending me a copy of the file I got that sorted and now back up and running ok. Then after servicing my car the amber engine light and fault code P0405 EGR bank A. ( I had this fault on the way back from Scotland last week end ) so was expecting it to show itself again.

My egr's have been blanked off for nearly two years now and never had a problem, but once they start sticking they throw up the errors even when blanked. I could not get rid of the errors no matter how many times I cleared them on the FM.

So after a test drive I decided to have a look at my egr's . I took the blanks and pipes off so I could see the actuator rods through the valves I then filled the holes completely diesel and went and had some dinner.

About an hour later came back out and looked in to the valves and the diesel had dropped a little bit so I got my very long .. long nose pliers and gripped the actuator rod and moved the rod back and forth as soon as I moved the rod the diesel disappeared did this a couple more times then built the car back up.

Reset the fault codes started the car smoked a bit on start-up but ran perfectly and no amber engine light on put my FM back on and no faults on car, so worth the effort to clear the problem.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #8554955th Nov 2011 11:22 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dsd1036

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

But as you already had them blanked,does/did it matter that the MSV2 was still reading an EGR fault? And now you've cleaned it out does it make any difference to how the car runs?

Only asking as mines the same Whistle

rgds

Darrell Thumbs Up

Post #8554965th Nov 2011 11:27 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

dsd1036

No it makes no difference as you don't go in to low power mode when blanked but the amber light was bugging me so it was this that got me trying this method.

There was a big build up of crud under the blanking plates in fact the bank A which had the error was completely blocked under the blanking plate with carbon.

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #8555005th Nov 2011 11:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dsd1036

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Oh ok, i see Whistle

thx Thumbs Up

Post #8555055th Nov 2011 11:34 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >