DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

Amazing new BBS development.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Amazing new BBS development.

Although it's been a very tough year for us with massive interruptions caused by the on going Power situation here and our re location, we have still continued to develop stuff and now i think it is finally time to let everyone in on a very big secret.

We plan to finally introduce something VERY NEW and VERY SPECIAL early next year which we have actually very slowly been developing for almost 3 years now.

It is Called the Faultmate Genesis and is some respects it could be considered a new and much cheaper system, that ultimately offers what our MSV-2 and FCR does, but at the same time it does not actually replace either, and in fact is a development that is more designed to significantly enhance and benefit the capabilities, flexibility and usability of both.

So it is an exciting development that truly benefits everyone.

Genesis is quite radical and complex, so i will try to explain as best i can the gist of how it works.

It is based upon our existing CAN BUS VCI 2 lead, that although costs about 80 GBP, actually has a very sophisticated Vehicle communication interface built into the OBDII plug with it's very own micro controller processor, own serial number and so on. This lead is of course already supplied with both the MSV-2 and FCR.

To use the Genesis system you would simply use that lead on it's own, (via a cheap 15 to 9 pin adapter for the MSV-2 version) and either plug it directly to a PC's serial port (or go via a USB to serial adapter). This PC will require to also be connected to the Internet.

Then you run a small host program on the PC that will be available for download from the Genesis web site, that will make a secure tunnel connection between the VCI2 and the web site.
You (or anyone your VCI 2 is approved for access to) then logs into the Genesis web site with a standard web browser, using any web enabled device, PC, Iphone, Ipad, Android device etc, from anywhere in the world or even from the same PC you are hosting the initial connection to the vehicle from.

Then in the browser, you get a menu of options and so on. Ultimately it is possible to do anything the MSV-2 can do if it were directly connected, and we have long since done all the regular CCF editing, enabling stuff and so on, in fact i did do a little private demo enabling the 4x4 info on a D3 from a nearby caravan when i was at Billing 18 Months ago, and we have done all re-flashing, but as it's an internet connection, we are having to build in disconnection safeguards and so on. so the Flashing is still not quite bullet proof enough yet for release. But it's real close and we will certainly be looking for Beta Testers next January.

It's very early days yet in some respects but if anyone has any questions i can answer i will try to answer what i can.

Merry Christmas to all

Post #87444222nd Dec 2011 6:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rushjob

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

As I am about to purchase a D3 I'm very interested in this development.

More details asap please! Very Happy

Post #87444622nd Dec 2011 6:29 pm
Matty 2332

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

This sounds very interesting Colin, we will wait with eager anticipation. Keep us all posted Thumbs Up

Post #87444822nd Dec 2011 6:31 pm
Flack

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Count me in for testing bud sounds good

Flack Thumbs Up

Post #87444922nd Dec 2011 6:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickJ

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

So those of us with FCRs at the moment, the existing lead will work with this Genesis system?

Post #87445622nd Dec 2011 6:40 pm
StevieJ4558

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
I WANT ONE

I am new to the hole LR DISCO thing, Wiggs has done some work on my D3. Think it is great that it is possible to enable devices that LR dont!

So count me in !

I WANT ONE!!!

Hope fully it wont be to long as I want to play!!!
 Stevie J  
Post #87445722nd Dec 2011 6:41 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Sounds very interesting and if it is D4 capable I would be really interested. Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #87446622nd Dec 2011 7:02 pm
npinks

United Kingdom 

Sounds interesting Thumbs Up

Post #87446922nd Dec 2011 7:07 pm
trm

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I would be interested in your pricing of this unit in due course, as to where you are pitching it between the two existing models

Post #87447222nd Dec 2011 7:12 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Correct NickJ

Genesis is really very clever in that absolutely everyone benefits from it and that's really very important to us.

Owners of neither an MSV-2 or FCR will be able to buy just the lead and have full diagnostic capability, albeit only over the internet.

FCR owners will have a system that they can keep in their vehicle for emergency use, as it was designed for, but now also have the possibility added to their system to do stuff like service resetting and enabling that normally requires an MSV-2.

MSV-2 SV owners will still have their own personal system but now also the possibility to use a part of that to do diagnosis on other vehicles than their own.

MSV-2 MV owners will have the possibility to do stuff not only directly but on other folks vehicles without even being physically present.

I mean just imagine, BBS, Pete, Wiggs or anyone who wants to, can now supply a really cheap bit of hardware to anyone, anywhere in the world which once plugged in allows them to connect to the vehicle sort anything out, do what they wish, re flash as desired, (when fully sorted) just as if they were physically present themselves.

This development singularly removes any geographic location obstacle, introduces a really cheap solution and enhances the flexibility and capability of existing systems in one go.

Post #87447522nd Dec 2011 7:14 pm
race.it

Spain 

Ill be up for some testing, as would allow me to be more mobile and i have a plan and this would stop me having to lug around a bit of equipment then i am all in favour.

If i understand right all i need is cable, internet and a pc, running windows, or as its web based can mac's be used?

Post #87447722nd Dec 2011 7:16 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Colin, I'd be very interested in helping Test this further for you. Thumbs Up
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #87448122nd Dec 2011 7:25 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

trm

Although it could be considered a new internet based system possible with only the purchase of a 80 GBP lead ETC, clearly it's more so a radical new evolution of possibility to both the MSV-2 and FCR systems.

My initial licensing choices for this new capability may well reflect this.

Hairy Dan
It is already fully capable on all CAN based vehicles including the D4.

Post #87448922nd Dec 2011 7:33 pm
NickJ

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Colin,

So the £80 lead is needed, but will there be any other costs?

Post #87449422nd Dec 2011 7:44 pm
Bill Wright

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

BBS SPY wrote:

Hairy Dan
It is already fully capable on all CAN based vehicles including the D4.

Does this include MY12?

Bill Wright Thumbs Up
 Never take life too seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

D4 SDV6 SE Tech Kaikoura Stone MY15. 

Post #87449622nd Dec 2011 7:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 13 123 ... 111213>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >