Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
craig_bennett

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Wheres best to get it from ? Lr stealer or paddock or other suppliers Question

Post #9858655th Oct 2012 1:46 pm
SteveNorman

United Kingdom 

TLO... the large one. aka Nick Yeovil Landrover!

Post #9858725th Oct 2012 2:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
craig_bennett

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Arrow FYI I have just spoke to guy salmon (bristol) they can get it for 355+vat on the part number LRO44360, but all they can say is the description says compressor kit they have no diagrams or further information elce yet.

Post #9859405th Oct 2012 5:24 pm
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

If I order one of these AMK units for my D3, do I then also need to get the software updated?

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #10299966th Jan 2013 11:58 am
tj2k

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Yes, from the sounds of the thread above - voltages to the system (a release valve I think it said) are different to that of the former versions - the software update is to the ride height controller which presumably controls the compressor, the air-tank / reservoir (sorry, I've no clue what the real names are) and of course the associated valves to regulate pressure in the system.

Post #10302476th Jan 2013 8:55 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

The AMK unit can be fitted, and will work without the software having been updated. However, it is advised to get it done ASAP after fitting the new unit
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #10302556th Jan 2013 9:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoff.

England 

Woolmeister wrote:
If I order one of these AMK units for my D3, do I then also need to get the software updated?

Steve

steve

dont forget i,ve got a compressor if needed Thumbs Up

Post #10302696th Jan 2013 9:16 pm
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Thanks for the confirmation, Mikey! Thumbs Up Need to test the one I've got on there first before I follow your replacement guide.

Assuming it is OK to do this by running a pair of cables directly from the battery terminals to the black/red terminals on the compressor multi plug. Start engine, and observe what happens? Shocked

Am trying to eliminate a wiring issue after getting this fault code:

C1A27-14: Compressor circuit. General electrical failure - circuit short to ground or open.

Have you known a goosed compressor also throw this same fault code? Looks like other members have experience this also and a new compressor has fixed it. Car first registered March 2007, covered 85k miles.

Cheers,

Steve
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #10302716th Jan 2013 9:19 pm
Disco_Mikey

I would not have the car running when you run the compressor manually. Just make sure it is unplugged from the car. If the compressor does not run, there may be a few big sparks and it draws a large amount of current trying to run a seized compressor. On the other hand, there may be no sparks due to a wiring issue inside the compressor.

Make sure the compressor is being told to run, and there is 12v being fed to it with the engine running, before condemning the compressor Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #10303266th Jan 2013 10:27 pm
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Sorry for all the questions Whistle I appreciate your help with this, though, Mikey! Thumbs Up

If the car is not running how will the compressor know to run or not? I'm guessing that the black multiplug just supplies a voltage to the compressor and the other multi plug goes contains the wires that call for air (i.e. make the compressor run)? Is there a way of telling the compressor to run with it unplugged from the car loom?

I'm wondering if I'm better off just sticking a multimeter on the loom end multiplug to measure the voltage I'm getting across those terminals? Would I still get a positive reading (~14v) even if I do have a short to ground within that wiring? I can do this today if this is the case.

Thanks again! Bow down

Steve

Post #10304537th Jan 2013 9:24 am
Disco_Mikey

The compressor os told to run by the ECU, basically

If the car is not running, the compressor will not run unless ir is forced on via diagnostics, or hard wired. It can be down by removing the relay and shorting the connections, or by removing the cover and shoving 12v up it

If you had a permanent short to ground, I would expect it to keep blowing fuses...
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #10304937th Jan 2013 11:13 am
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

Embarassed Bit embarrassing, this...

Just went out to have another tinker this morning before I jump on a plane to India later on Shocked .

Removed the compressor cover to have a butchers under there. The bottom cover bolt sheared off in the compressor bracket and a load of white powder fell out of the drain holes in the bottom cover (cocaine?). Bracket corroded and covered in the white power (corrosion, of course, it's a LR!).

I removed the big black multi plug from the front of the compressor and checked the voltage there. Nothing. Zip. Started engine to test for voltage there again. Nothing. Zip.

Double-checked the fuses in the engine bay and found that whilst I was following Ridgeback Moor's instructions for replacing the Rear ARB Bushes, I removed fuses 3 and 26 from the engine bay fuse box to prevent the suspension from attempting to self-level once on the axle stands. I replaced fuse 26 in the correct slot but actually replaced fuse 3 in slot 5 (which was empty). Big Cry

Fuse 3 is now in the correct slot and my compressor runs once more and the car goes up and down as it should. For the first 30 seconds or so, the dash displayed "Suspension Raising Slowly" but that disappeared within a minute or so.

Next time, I'll just leave a door open rather than removing fuses! Rolling with laughter

Thanks to Mikey for your assistance in figuring this out. Bow down Sometimes it's not always as complicated as it seems and my problem - in this case - was entirely down to user error. Embarassed

What a complete and utter Censored .

So, farewell digestive system! It's off to India I go with a working LR at home for SWMBO in case it snows whilst I'm away!

Steve

Post #10305197th Jan 2013 12:10 pm
Disco_Mikey

Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #10305577th Jan 2013 1:39 pm
cold_n_wet

Norway 

We are struggling to change the compressor or better said to get the new AMK compressor to work.

The wiring is different on the plug, according to the customer, centre pins were not present is this correct ?

The car raises back and screen shows raises extend mode and stops.

The software is updated accorded to customer, local dealer using SDD.

They are now trying to calibrate the height sensors with Autologic but the car raises at the rear, stops and the compressor keeps running.

valve blocks have been changed and no faults are shown there. any ideas ?

Glen
 IDTOOL PRO / Faultmate programing and BAS remaping services in Norway.
Diagnostic for most Land rover vehicles
Land Rover parts and accessories.
Stockist of RLD equipment.
www.praesto4x4.no
D4 gone, missed but replaced with a 110 Puma. 

Post #103536115th Jan 2013 2:21 pm
Disco_Mikey

The centre pins are missing on the AMK compressor, but it works fine.

It sounds as though they have a height sensor or wiring issue to fix now Thumbs Up
 My D3 Build Thread

Post #103542315th Jan 2013 4:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 8 <12345678>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >