Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Vibration Cured
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Crackers

England 
Vibration Cured

I had 4 new Grabber AT's fitted two months ago onto a second set of (Land Rover) 18" wheels and have covered about 3,000 miles on them since.

Recently, my D3 had developed a noticeable 'shimmy' at the steering wheel, some vibration-like noise and a slight pull to the left at 60 mph. This was not evident at 50 mph or 70 mph - just at around 60 mph. Today I swapped over to my other 17" wheels (fitted with Continental road tyres) to see if they displayed the same symptoms - which they didn't. Nice smooth ride and all thoughts of expensive wishbone replacements vanished (for now!) Smile

So, my tyre guys have just re-balanced all four of the Grabbers and the problem is fixed.

Observations:
i) The Grabber's do generate a little more noise and slight vibration compared to the super-smooth continentals. This is expected, but it's not often you swap from AT's to road tyres and back again to get a feel for the difference.
ii) I have never before considered re-balancing tyres so quickly after they were originally fitted, but it's obviously something to bear in mind if you experience similar symptoms.

Hope this helps someone out there!

Post #12312295th Feb 2014 4:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >