Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Blackbox Solutions

New Dev Tool for BBS & Boys Toy for Me ;-)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Having now arrived at Limassol in Cyprus some 7 hours ahead of schedule this ship is now circling and possibly mooring just outside until it can enter the port to be offloaded etc.

Post #114812925th Aug 2013 7:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Syd

United Kingdom 

You even managed to get a Blue colour coded ship as well Thumbs Up
 In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Down and out's Velar
In UK - Dare not say on this Forum
Gone - Lots of Lode Lane vehicles.
- Beta User 

Post #114822726th Aug 2013 8:00 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

I thought that Syd Laughing

Unfortunately it seems that the space time differencial that exists in Cyprus compared to the rest of the modern world and means everything here happens at a 10th of the speed of anywhere else extends into our costal waters.

Having sailed non stop for 7 days and arriving outside the dock 6 hours ahead of schedule the ship entered the Cypriot time warp and was left hanging around doing pointless zig zags for 10 hours.

The fact that it did not just drop anchor and wait is entirely indicative of the usual false expectation.

It started to head for the port at about 7:30 AM but halfway there it briefly turned back for a couple of minutes before turning once again to head for the port, finally mooring alongside at about 8:00 AM

You can only but imagine the reasons for this seeming uncertainty.

I actually saw the ship myself for the first time about half an hour later, but the two cranes were still busy working on the other ship that had been there all night.

I guess the container must have eventually been off loaded, as the ship sailed for Haifa at 12 noon.

Unfortunately we now have to wait for the paperwork that says that the container has actually arrived to be delivered the whole 1 KM to the consignees office which is apparently going to take at least 24 Hours and then this that and the other and if we are lucky we might get to picjk the car up in the next day or two.

No point getting angry or upset, thats just how it is here and things take their own sweet time and i find a sense of humour helps Rolling Eyes

I often remark how i would order some electronic bits on line from a company in the UK, who would offer a 24 hour, 7 day a week service and process any order and have the goods dispatched within the hour.
This would be on one of their own lorries within an Hour and delivered to an airport within a few more hours where it would be loaded on a cargo plane and on it's way to us flying thousands of miles in the next 6 or so hours. Then it would arrive and take an entire day to pass through customs, then spend a day or two in some shippers office before spending another day travelling a few KM to finally arrive at our door step.

I kid you not Rolling with laughter

In fact i understand that there was recently a problem that could have seen the entire Cypriot postal service closed forever.

It seems that their Moped broke down and needed a replacement part. Unfortunately this part was sent for by post.
With their broken Moped, clearly this essensial part could not be delivered in a catch 22 situation.

Fortunately Donna the Donkey, (Think Kebab Laughing) while having now spent many years at the sancturary was willing and able to save the day and deliver the part.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #114835326th Aug 2013 5:46 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
sinbad58

Sweden 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi BBS SPY !

I have an explanation regarding Joanna Borchard´s Limassol Portcall ..

Firstly Pilotage is usually not available until after 07 AM
( it was like that in the 80's when i was arriving at Limassol once every 5 weeks )
The Detour just around 07.30 AM was surely the course alteration when picking up the Pilot.
( The Pilotcutter needs to be on the leeside, when pilot embarking the vessel. Standard Practice )

But finally Your new Toy has arrived Cyprus soil Smile

Regards
Jan R
 Jan R.
Hidden Winch Mount ( Warn / Tabor 9K ) with Synthetic Line.
A-Frame Protection Bar with Lightforce 170 Xenon
Mantec Raised Air Intake LR Expo Rack
GNVP-Suspension Rods+Rock Slider/Step+Full Underbody Protection
GG AT2s 255/60/18
Ham Radio ( HF-UHF ) Blackvue DR500GW-HD Camera
Squishy Cup Holders, Engel MT-35 Fridge, Cubby Fridge
Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #114845226th Aug 2013 9:30 pm
kes1907

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Keep smiling Colin,

it can only be a matter of time now. At least the new toy is there safe and sound. Soon you will have that new car grin.

Cant wait to see more pictures and your ideas for it Thumbs Up

Best Regards

Kyle
 From the Factory: '05 Java Black D3 S-spec, Manual, Heated Fr & Rear Seats, Cruise, HK High Line.

Mods from me: D4 Bluetooth PTI, Napa Leather Smooth Wheel & New Gearstick Gaiter, De-tango'ed Light clusters, RRS Grille Mod, Hid's4u L.E.D's in every bulb holder, Centre Cubby Fridge, Colour coded front bumper with front PDC, fogs and halo DRL's. Dash vent illumination mod. More power sockets. 

Post #114853027th Aug 2013 8:13 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

sinbad58

Thanks, that would explain the 7:30 detour, but if the ship knew at 9:00 PM the previous night that it would have wait until after 7AM the following morning, then i wonder why it did not just drop anchor Rolling Eyes

Bit like driving to Tesco's at full speed and then driving round the car park for 10 hours at 2 MPH until they open.

Maybe the Joanna Borchard has a knackered PBM Rolling with laughter

Anyway it was nice to see my new toy travel the huge distance it has in real time and more fun than most get when waiting patiently or impatiently Laughing

Anyway as you and Kyle say, at least it had arrived safe on Cyprus Soil and it is only a matter of time.

Fortunately i did not have to wait very long as we are on a bit of a deadline due to the Govenment changing things for the worse on Thursday and so this morning we went to the Port to meet our agent in the coffe shop where we sorted all the masses of paperwork out which took couple of hours.

What happened after then really requires you to know how things are here and have a sense of humour.

Our agent goes into the coffe shops quite full courtyard and openly asks for someone with a lorry to transport our container to a Bonded warehouse facility about 2KM away.

He picks someone and introduces them to us when we haggle a fee, in this case 60 Euro cash, so he gets the paperwork and off he goes to have the Container craned onto his Lorry, bearing in mind we have already paid the port authorities 74 Euros cash handling fees.

30 Minutes later we follow our agent to the Bonded warehouse where the driver has backed his truck and container to the Loading bay where they have already bolt cropped the seal and are in the process of backing the vehicle out of the container, where i jump in it and drive it from there to the office, as i have to pay another 50 Euros cash for their services Rolling Eyes

Yea, i know rip of and crap but living here ahas made me appreciate that it could be worse

Click image to enlarge

Then we all drove the Vehicle the 2KM back to the port and parked it next to the customs house so the customs guy can come and check the VIN and Mileage although it was me that got down under the vehicle to read the Vin out and also read out the milage.

While waiting for the customs guy, this was when we got our first real look at the vehicle and got to see how really nice the Bali Blue colour looks in the strong Cyprus sunshine and of course take a first picture to share with you all.

Although covered in dust, and yet to be cleaned and polished, I think you will agree that it is already looking quite spectacular

Click image to enlarge

It also feels and drives and sounds just as good as it looks.

Yep, i am certainly grinning from ear to ear.

ATB

Colin

Post #114877527th Aug 2013 5:33 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Looking good Colin .. Looking good Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #114882627th Aug 2013 6:40 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Wiggs

It's pretty tough seeing and reading others getting their hands on these newer vehicles and knowing that depite our serious professional need, in order to provide what we do, we could never possibly afford the same and having to wait and bide our time.

When new this vehicle would have cost over 100,000 GBP and today anyone in the UK could buy a brand new one with change for what this 3 year old vehicle is costing us.

I consider myself most fortunate to have found a suitible 2010 on vehicle at the right price and in the colour i have, which is indeed looking fantastic, and with my preferred interiour colour, and as such regard this as my new toy. But ultimately this vehicle has a lot of work and development / testing to do to earn it's keep.

But it is surely looking up to the job Thumbs Up

Post #114889227th Aug 2013 7:52 pm
sinbad58

Sweden 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Colin !

It looks really nice Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Sometimes when we are coming to port, we must be at Pilotstation and report in our Notice Of readiness time,
even if it in the end will be a waitingtime for several hours to Days sometimes.
It's all in the Charter/Freight Contract, I know for the layman it seems stupid..
But for us that works with it every Day, It's normal routines. ( I'm in the Tankership Business )
I guess also that Johanna is most probably on a sort of timetable, that is already fixed for several weeks in advance,
and they don't want any delays en route.. therefore early arrival, and berthing during Daylight..

I like the " Donkeypull " Picture Laughing
I guess that's the 60 euro transport deluxe style.

Glad that You finally have your " Workdonkey" Wink / Toy !

Regards
Jan R.
 Jan R.
Hidden Winch Mount ( Warn / Tabor 9K ) with Synthetic Line.
A-Frame Protection Bar with Lightforce 170 Xenon
Mantec Raised Air Intake LR Expo Rack
GNVP-Suspension Rods+Rock Slider/Step+Full Underbody Protection
GG AT2s 255/60/18
Ham Radio ( HF-UHF ) Blackvue DR500GW-HD Camera
Squishy Cup Holders, Engel MT-35 Fridge, Cubby Fridge
Faultmate MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #114892427th Aug 2013 8:40 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya Jan

Yea, i guess there must be maritime protocol and aspects that i would not understand.

The picture is funny and thankfully taken from a site with so much photoshopped stuff that i find it hard to believe that anyone would really be so cruel as to really try to use a donkey to pull a RRS out of a few inches of water.

But no matter what, the vehicle is now here and looking very stunning in the sunshine and will hopefully be as much fun as it will be a workhorse.

Post #114927228th Aug 2013 6:11 pm
Syd

United Kingdom 

Very nice looking car and a great colour (too many Black or Silver cars about) however, it is crying out for a mod, PLEASE get shut of the window deflectors. Big Cry
 In Spain - 2018 F Pace - Down and out's Velar
In UK - Dare not say on this Forum
Gone - Lots of Lode Lane vehicles.
- Beta User 

Post #114993030th Aug 2013 9:12 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cheers Syd

Still pinching myself about how really great this car is and looks. Not only is it a 3.0 Litre TDV6 as opposed to my D3's 2.7 which although is fantastic to drive thanks to it's BAS Remap, but again thanks to Pete the performance wizard this really goes and then some.

I fully agree that there are indeed to many boring Black, Silver or Grey ones about, especially here in Cyprus, and i am amazed by how many comments and compliments i have already had on the color, and it is still really very dusty and dirty from it's long journey.

I can't wait to Clay bar it and polish it up. It does however need a few small paint jobs doing, but for now that will have to wait.

Having upgraded the wheels and tyres as my first Mod, and having replaced all the brake pads as my second Mod and then having Pete Apply his remap as it's third Mod i am already now well into doing mods on this.

The next thing on the list was to remove the Heavy Duty Tow bar but of course i dont have the Key and it seems the previous owner does not have it either.

Although a prickely subject on here i think i have sussed the solution for this.

As for the wind deflectors, yea they are truly hidous and right now they only remain on for three reasons.

The first is that for now i have to concentrate on sorting much more important things out like paying the duties, re registering the Vehicle in Cyprus and changing the Number plates for the new ones.

I cant believe how much double sided tape gunk was underneath the rear number plate that took hours of hard work to get off.

Therin lies the second reason in that these deflectors are fitted with double sided tape that after cutting them off will require hours of work to clean the remains off the vehicle.

The third reason is that the more i see them and look at them, the more i will likely appreciate seeing the vehicle without them Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Next will be a new heated steering wheel with new switches incorporating ACC buttons in preparation for my fitting this and of course also with the Flappy paddles. There is really nothing wrong with the existing steering wheel which is already heated, But i happen to have a new heated steering wheel which from experience i know will make the vehicle feel like new again.

Just seems like a good warm up Mod for what i have in store for the future for this vehicle Rolling Eyes

Post #115012630th Aug 2013 5:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >