Page 2 of 2 <12
IronMan

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Getting mine done on Thursday... HE HE.. cannot wait! Mr. Green

Post #18481531st Jul 2007 10:55 pm
Atacama

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3
Ride height

I beleve there is a company in Germany that has done the D3 ride height software . I will try and get the name . Heard about it before i bought mine so did not pay to much attention to it. The vehicle will lift a further 70 mm and it will stay at that height to a much higher speed. At high speed the vehicle is able to drop to a lower than normal height. Will try and get more info .

Post #1848541st Aug 2007 7:40 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Matzker
Kinda expensive (Eur1595), and quite a few potential issues, apparently.
http://www.matzker.de/product_info.php?products_id=750

This is the "translate.google.com version:
Rolling with laughter very entertaining, but you can decode most of it:

The Discovery 3 has a elevatorvariable pneumatic cushioning system with three positions. The lowest vehicle height is the load height. It is intended for driving speeds to 35 km/h. In this height the chassis does not have a suspension. The standard driving height lies 50 mm more highly. It is intended for the road enterprise in all speed ranges. The moreover one there is the Offroad Fahrhöhe, which lies 55 mm more highly. In this driving height the chassis has besides a not controllable reserve of further 70 mm, which release it only automatically, if the vehicle in the area rests upon. With ELECTRONICS the HANDLING + OFFROAD KIT we would like to use the possibilities of a elevatorvariable pneumatic cushioning fully not exhausted with this system. This concerns a CAN bus computer, with which the vehicle can be lowered in the driving heights “road” and “Offroad” manually by depressing the key around 23 mm or raised around 26 mm. Thus the Discovery 3 with an accessory equipment both road-optimized set lower and for the Offroad employment can be high-put. The sample applications in detail: With the HANDLING KIT can be lowered the Discovery 3/Range Rover sport in the standard driving height around 23 mm. Thus air resistance and driving stability are reduced increase noticeably with autobahn trip. Also during brisk travel on kurvigen highways are the smaller side inclination and the improved road-hugging property of advantage. In the Offroad Fahrhöhe can the vehicle around further 26 mm be high-put. The advantage is clear, since with a clearance by max. 300 mm (depending upon tire dimension) resting upon the vehicle can be avoided, instead of releasing the elevator reserve only if the vehicle already sticks. In Offroad tests we have determined that it is usually too late, to drive the suspension out if the vehicle already rests upon. The wheel suspensions can press themselves then into the soft underground and the cars stick. If the larger clearance is available however from the beginning, getting stuck can be avoided. Lowering on the road as well as the raising in the area are however only most frequent applications ELECTRONICS HANDLING + OFFROAD KIT. An important area of application is also driving on bad roads and ways. Here the Discovery 3 can be high-put also in the road position. The travelling comfort increases then completely substantially, since more suspension strut movement is available. Silk-softly the chassis swallows hard impacts. If the speed rises durably over 100 km/h, the high putting is led back. This is a further advantage, since the standard Offroad height can be used only to 50 km/h. With ELECTRONICS the HANDLING + OFFROAD KIT can be thus individually exhausted the variability of a pneumatic spring system. Where in former times feathers/springs and shock absorbers had to be converted, now only a push of a button is necessary. Assembly 49 AW.

Post #1848571st Aug 2007 7:55 am
coala

South Africa 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

ja wol - sounds great - but what i notice is that they say nothing about the hardware - but seem to rather provide a software solution. I am no techie but my assumption is that this issue can be resolved through software manipulation - but if you really wanna see LR Menlyn do I flip rock up with your suspension set at 70 Rolling with laughter they are the absolute stalwarts of LR warrantee - o let me not get Censored going

Post #1848611st Aug 2007 8:24 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

I have it on good authority that a couple of our friends in the UK will have a suspension solution available very soon, and it will be available thru their "normal" channel in SA, ie. Baben (AKA TT)

So, watch the Africa forum - I will make a huge noise when we have something interesting!

Post #18920714th Aug 2007 5:49 pm
Latch

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
torq-tuned by Baben

I was torq-tuned by Baben and it was quite painless, first there was the pre tune tests to determine the current performance levels. The actual retuning was a matter of minutes. Then came the fun part of checking out the new and improved performance, Needless to say I highly recommend it with performance gains across the board and even a this early stage I am seeing an improved fuel consupmtion Smile

Post #18922014th Aug 2007 6:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >