Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Towing Hitch
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 37 of 38 <123 ... 363738>
Doc

United States 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I had this low profile tow bracket made in Durban (South Africa) and have used it extensively on two different D3's to tow my offroad camper trailer

If you are interested, I can find their contact details and have one shipped out.
 D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #93011610th May 2012 9:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I like the Fuji White much nicer than the old white. Didn't think it was worth the extra money for another colour. It would look good in black (for about five minutes) Black interior witha white car matches the dog.

Not many Ks just over $100K been ill lost 4 months with repairs (don't use Scientific smash repairs) will be keeping it for off road and caving/camping.

We pay way too much but with Keatings 25% tax on it does not help. OS the prices are better. But the US pay less than the poms for LRs. Shocked Always only compare on road price. If I ask a dealer for an on road price and he otherwise I have always walked out.

D4 is still good value compared to others. LC200 starts at $90,000 in reality (except the miners proverty pack).

Doc looks like that hitch is based on the D4 one with a different attachment. Is it removable?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #93014510th May 2012 10:46 am
garrycol

Australia 

caverD3 wrote:
Doc looks like that hitch is based on the D4 one with a different attachment. Is it removable?

And certainly not certified for use in Australia. Have a towing related accident with that hitch will risk your insurance.

Post #93017310th May 2012 11:51 am
caverD3

certification here just requires it to be tested and rated, with placard of particular letter sizes. Also there has to be a serial number for each hitch.
Depends what SA requires and does it match our requirements.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #93017710th May 2012 11:59 am
garrycol

Australia 

caverD3 wrote:
certification here just requires it to be tested and rated, with placard of particular letter sizes. Also there has to be a serial number for each hitch.
Depends what SA requires and does it match our requirements.

Yes - but by an authorised Aust engineer to confirm ADR Compliance.

So as provided from South Africa is not strictly legal until Aust certification is gained.

Post #93019110th May 2012 1:00 pm
Doc

Quote:

It is based on a D3 and is removeable. It comes with a test certificate from the engineering manufacturer in SA. So it seems like I need to get it certified in Oz too. Any ideas on where that can be done?

Thanks

Doc
 D3 2005 HSE V8 model, snorkel, nudge bar, uprated tow hitch (12T), Goodyear Wrangler MTR (MT) tyres, National Luna battery box, Outback roof-rack, Takla seat covers.  
Post #93046111th May 2012 12:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
caverD3

I would check with your insurer and The RTA (or whatever they are callled in WA) if you have a certificate from the manufacturer and it was imported with the vehicle it may be enough. Idea The get it tested here it will be destroyed or damaged in the testing process.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #93046311th May 2012 1:33 am
Doc

Thanks for the advice Caver Thumbs Up My D3 is an Ozzie vehicle but I brought the tow hitch over from my previous D3 in SA.

Doc
Post #93048111th May 2012 7:07 am
DRD

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

Hi, Have a look at the Kaymar rear bar site it has and alternate hitch setup it shows a Mitch Hitch which is the height you need
DD

Post #93179415th May 2012 3:13 pm
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Towing Hitch

Hi CaverD3 - will you be becoming CaverD4 Smile ?
Sounds very nice, but once you do all the mods again, $90K becpmes the best part of $100K. Mind you, that applies to anything one buys for off-road touring.
Do you know how much of the D3 equipment is tranferrable to the D4 (eg long range tank, dual battery systems, etc)?
Given the performance of my self managed super fund, I'm thinking paying out the ballon payment and keeping the D3 is looking more and more attractive (even though that 3L V6 sounds pretty good).
Cheers,
Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #9387295th Jun 2012 12:33 pm
caverD3

Hi Martin,
Won't be transfering much as I am keeping the D3 too. Very Happy Dogs won't fit in anything else and we are fed up of swappping cars for the dogs. Rolling Eyes Besides SWMBO may hog the D4. Laughing
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #9387405th Jun 2012 12:52 pm
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Tow Hitch

Hi Caver D3.

Hope those dogs apreciate tthe effort you go to for them!

Cheers,
Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #9387455th Jun 2012 1:14 pm
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hi Martin,
I moved from a D3 to D4 last August and transferred the Traxide SC80 + Optima D34 yellow top, Rhino Rack aero bars x3, 17" steel wheels and luggage power socket.

IIRC, the shape of the D4 is different around the spare tyre - so the aux fuel tanks are not the same as D3.

Cheers,
Rob

Post #9387475th Jun 2012 1:18 pm
caverD3

They have no idea, Rolling Eyes Especially "The Queen of Sheba".:

She is such a princess. Rolling Eyes
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #9387495th Jun 2012 1:19 pm
Graham69

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
SA hitch

Doc,

I would be interested in one of the hitches, what sort of price are we looking at? ADR what? Who cares as long as it works, as in many other instances Australians miss out on good products or pay way over he odds because of "compliance"

Post #100984927th Nov 2012 12:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 37 of 38 <123 ... 363738>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >