Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Other Site Sponsors

Trailair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
edwin starr

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Looks like a great system.

On the Trailair website there is a kit containing a camera and a kit without.

I have an HSE spec MY10 with a reversing camera. (No surround camera kit on car)

Which kit would I need?

Would I still keep my reversing camera image on the main screen in conjunction with the hitch assit in the rear view mirror?

Post #86920810th Dec 2011 1:56 pm
pedro54

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Alison

I am in Australia, can I buy from your eb site and have it shipped. It is just what I am looking for for a D3 we just purchased.

Peter

Post #86944611th Dec 2011 8:17 am
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

edwin starr - I have the same year and spec as yours (but with full surround camera system) and have just fitted the Trailair without the additional camera option. There are no changes to the vehicles existing sat nav/camera screen as the tyre pressure is displayed in the rear view mirrior (the kit includes a new mirror to allow for this)

If you had the Trailair kit with the rear view camera then you would still have the sat nav screen showing the exisitng camera and the rear view mirror showing the Trailair camera.

It took up to 2 hours to fit and the major part of this is removing the trims to fit the cables behind but once done there are no parts or cable on show. It took a while to refit the 2 halves of the plastic surround to the rear view mirror at the end, but it was dark and I needed a third hand to hold the torch!

The only thing you would lose (if fitted) is the "high beam assist" the device which turns main beam on when it thinks you need it - but regretably I found it normally forget to turn itself off again when it should have done. For me not having the high beam assist has been a bonus!

The local tyre dealer fitted the valves.

Post #86948111th Dec 2011 10:56 am
trailair

United Kingdom 
TrailAir by Land Rover

Thank you for your recent posts .
In reply:

Re Australia : We have CE marked the system which basically gives European approval - We have not yet homologated the system for Australia . We do intend to during 2012 along with establishing a distribution channel. Unfortunately until we have done this we are unable to sell to the Australian market. If anyone has any interest then I would gladly keep your details and advise when we are in a position to sell to the Australian market.

RE Disco3/4 camera :
If you have a Disco with a factory option camera or surround camera option then we would recommend our part no 39-025 which gives TPMS for vehicle and trailer/s ie system less camera. Our system camera is located in the same proximity to the factory camera with the tailgate area therefore it is not feasible to have both trailair camera and factory camera. 39-025 with on line and forum discount is priced at £470.16 - which includes VAT and delivery and additional forum discount - please quote LRF001 at the shop page in the coupon box to claim this additional discount.

Regards
Alison

Post #86996412th Dec 2011 3:51 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
disco_potter

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: TrailAir by Land Rover

Alison

Please count me in your list of potential Aussie buyers. Thanks Thumbs Up
 Discovery 3 SE 2009
Track Trailer Tvan Murranji 2012 Camper Trailer 

Post #87011312th Dec 2011 9:48 pm
khu

Netherlands 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Disco 3V8

Alison,

I have a homelink in my rearview mirror. Is it possible to keep this functionality in the new mirror? If so I would like to buy one.

Post #87566226th Dec 2011 9:14 pm
trm

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Alison,

Count me in as a potential Australian Customer. I look forward to an update of when in 2012 it being released in OZ

Post #87572827th Dec 2011 8:05 am
mallo

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Good day Alison
I have just seen this post and it sounds a very interesting project, what is the fitting like I am in the Channel Islands and would like to know how difficult it is to fit?
I am handy with the spanners and would be happy to have a go?
Best wishes to all and seasons greetings.

Post #87598028th Dec 2011 11:37 am
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

mallo -

I fitted the system (excluding camera) to the Disco 4. Remove rear n/s lamp to gain easy access to fit 1 module below it behind bumper. Another module sits in the space behind the rear n/s trim (above the wheel arch) Both these modules use double sided sticky tape so no drilling. Then the cable follows the existing cable run under the carpet from back to front, up and behind the n/s A pillar trim and then behind the front edge of roof lining along the top edge of the windscreen where it plugs in to the new mirror which comes in the kit. For this, one cross head screw driver, and a couple of torx bits to remove the lower seat belt anchor so the trim panel can be removed from the boot area. Power is taken off the aux socket in the boot area. The valves were fitted by a local tyre dealer.

Don't be put off by the fitting - it was very simple. The removal of the trim takes longer than fitting the kit.

I started at the rear but it may be better to start fitting the cable at the mirror end so any surplus can be lost in the rear wheel arch area. The cable run has prefitted moulded plugs for both the modules and mirror. You just need a suitable cable connector for the rear of the aux socket.

Post #87601828th Dec 2011 2:03 pm
mallo

Hi BBDisco3
How do you rate the system? Does it work OK? It sounds easy enough from the description you have given; did you receive instructions with the system?
I am going away for a longish trip in a couple of months and was thinking of fitting the system?
Best wishes and seasons greetings,
mallo

Post #87603828th Dec 2011 3:40 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

Mallo

The system works fine. If circumstances arose I would buy and self fit again. Its only the trim removal which takes the time. No trim clips got broken during the job and once fitted, there are no cables left on show or "bits" left over !

Fitting instructions are included (in the typical Landrover diagram format) But basically there is a long cable loom with 3 plugs - one for the mirror, and one for each of the two modules which you fit, and the earth and power lead.

The instructions for the actual calibration and programming of the tyre pressure is in a text format (not pictures) with a step by step guide on what to do. You set each tyre up in turn and you can reset and start each wheel again as often as you wish if you don't get in right first time around. You can choose to have the pressures showing in the mirror constantly or just if there is a pressure drop.

As mentioned I had the pressure monitoring valves fitted by a local tyre dealer who quoted £10 per wheel including balance.

Post #87604628th Dec 2011 4:08 pm
mallo

Hi BBDisco3
Thanks for the information I will give it a go, I would like the camera too, and this cant be too much more complicated?!?.
Thanks again for your help,
Best wishes,

Post #87605228th Dec 2011 4:36 pm
BBDisco3

United Kingdom 

mallo

I saw the camera working on a Freelander and the quality of the image was very good.

Agree - If the dealer can fit as an aftermarket product then there is no reason why you can't do it also.

Sent you PM

Post #87605428th Dec 2011 4:51 pm
disco_potter

Australia 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3
Australian Installation

Having been to UK to visit family last month I picked up a TrailAir direct from TrailAir. I arranged installation by a local auto electrician who does terrific work up here in Cairns. TPMS sensors installed by local Jax tyres. All up very easy. So far so good with function - it all seems to be behaving. I'm taking the Trailer out next weekend for a decent run & camping trip so will be able to report on trailer functionality but I've had no problems getting all the sensors working appropriately. The tow-ball camera is terrific - I couldn't be more pleased at this stage Thumbs Up . I will update in after my trip next weekend with the trailer. Greetings to Alison & Phil at TrailAir for sorting out the purchase as well as the time spent demonstrating the kit.
 Discovery 3 SE 2009
Track Trailer Tvan Murranji 2012 Camper Trailer 

Post #9379092nd Jun 2012 9:21 am
trailair

United Kingdom 

Dear Andy
Thank you for the feedback and your best wishes.
We are always pleased to discuss and demonstrate the system, it was a pleasure to meet you and be able to supply.
I wish you well with your trip and look forward to your feedback.
Best Wishes and safe touring.

Alison

Post #9389705th Jun 2012 11:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >