DISCO3.CO.UK > Other Site Sponsors

Trailair
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
trailair

United Kingdom 
Trailair

Dear All
Just wanted to introduce myself and my company. I am Alison from TrailAir by Land Rover.
We are currently sponsoring the site to engage with the forums , hopefully promote our product a little and also be on hand to answer any queries.

TrailAir By Land Rover is a tyre pressure monitoring system with a reverse camera optimised for hitching.
We now have the system available for Discovery3/4 and Commercial - which is fantastic if you tow and don;t have the tow assist option. TrailAir system will monitor your vehicle tyre pressures and your trailer tyre pressures and temperatures. When reverse is engaged an optimised image appears in the systems replacement rear view mirror which gives you a guide line to hitch point. The system is oem spec , can be fitted by your LR dealer or auto electrician and to support new product introduction we have a special 20% off promotion for orders on line delivered in September.

If you are interested in increasing your safety when towing or simply would value the rear view image then please take a look at our website or don't hesitate to ask me any questions. Thank you , Alison

www.landrovertrailair.co.uk

Last edited by trailair on 19th Sep 2011 11:44 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #83569516th Sep 2011 1:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
devonchilliman

England 

Alison, I am interested in just the rear view option,what price would that be for my MY11 D4, thanks Mr. Green
 Www.devonchilliman.co.uk  
Post #83569716th Sep 2011 1:57 pm
pigeon

camera

an me how much for the camera for a D3 05reg

Post #83572316th Sep 2011 3:10 pm
Panoramix

Italy 2013 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Lux Auto Alaska WhiteLR4

Hi Alison,
very nice! Thumbs Up

is there a way to use the screen of the navigation system?

Discovery 3 "Tank", 2.7 TDV6 - Fully Land Rover Passion edition
LR4 "Enterprise", 5.0 V8 Petrol: now factory style but it will be like that for a long time Smile
L322 "Centurion 3.6 TDV8", Land Rover Passion edition in progress Smile 

Post #83583716th Sep 2011 8:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dadof7kids

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

looks like £520 deliverd Neutral
 java Black D3 gone : (
Club Lux : ) GONE : ( 

Post #83584916th Sep 2011 8:54 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

And I'd only be interested in the TPM system as I already have surround cameras.
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #83585616th Sep 2011 9:12 pm
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

and me, ive got the tow assist and cameras etc so just interested in the TPMS
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #83586216th Sep 2011 9:17 pm
highbayrack

Duncan, just noticed on the website we can have that Embarassed Lot of money through
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)

Post #83586616th Sep 2011 9:24 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

From the Trailair website FAQ wrote:
14. I don’t want the camera, just the TPM?
The system is engineered as a package. However, it will work as a TPM only system if the camera is not fitted.

15. I don’t want the camera, just the Tyre Pressure Monitoring (TPM)
The system is engineered as a package. However, it will work as a TPM only system if the camera is not fitted.

16. I don’t want the Tyre Pressure monitoring(TPM), just the camera
The system is engineered as a package. However, it will work as a hitching camera only if the wheel units are not fitted.

From this is seems like it's only available to buy as a complete package.....but, there is a TPMS only package available for 70 GBP less here:

http://www.landrovertrailair.co.uk/product...pn-39-025/

What I can't find for the life of me is a real picture of what the mirror and integrated display looks like - surely this should be slap-bang in the middle of the homepage?? Or am I missing something?
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #83586916th Sep 2011 9:31 pm
dadof7kids

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

watch video ..you see it
http://www.landrovertrailair.co.uk/
 java Black D3 gone : (
Club Lux : ) GONE : ( 

Post #83587416th Sep 2011 9:40 pm
PaulP

Shocked You're right.... and it is slap-bang in the middle of the homepage Embarassed Laughing

Thanks Thumbs Up
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #83587816th Sep 2011 9:46 pm
highbayrack

Maybe we could get the 20% forum discount offer from Alison plus another 20% if we order it from TLO Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter plus they are bringing out a new 'self install' system soon, which will be cheaper I guess.

Post #83588016th Sep 2011 9:49 pm
trailair

United Kingdom 

Thank you so much for your interest, in reply:

- The system was designed as a towing package. The technology is in the mirror so unfortunately we are unable to supply without the TPMS function ie camera only. We have however ( considering Disco already with camera fitted) introduced a TPMS only version which will monitor tyre pressures of vehicle and a range of trailers ( 164 wheel combinations to be exact) . The part no for this is 39-025 and with 20% discount gives a fully delivered price of £464.46. This system also takes less time to install so should save around 30 mins on fitting subject of course to rates !

- We are unable to use the sat nav screen because there are no spare video feeds to plug into. Although our feedback tells us that the quality of image is better in the mirror than the sat nav screen.

- Current price of standard Disco system is £528.46 delivered. This includes 20% discount. The 20% discount is an introductory offer for September to promote the launch of our system for Disco and RRS. We would be very happy to introduce a Forum voucher code to run from October onwards which would give you the similar level of
discount for on-line orders. The voucher code will be LRF001 and will be live on our site from 01/10/11.
Sorry not before !! and to Highbayrack sorry the max we can offer on discount is 20% - nice try though. It would be nice to start making some money !!

- The new self install product - is under final stages of development but basically provides the same level of features within a small display but still hardwired. This will be a TPMS only product ( no camera )aimed primarily for trailer/caravan monitoring considering that from nov 2014 every vehicle produced will have to have vehicle TPMS as standard. The system will be "cheaper" compared to our current TrailAir system with a target price in the £300 region.

I hope this answers all your posts - please le me know if there is anything else you need to know.

I would like to end though by saying that this really is a fantastic product , well engineered made in UK with OEM parts ( nothing is made in Far East and shipped in ) - I know the expense is not insignificant but if you tow it does represent value for money - optimised tyre pressures saves fuel and tyre wear not to mention the safety aspect and peace of mind

Kind Regards
Alison

Post #83656319th Sep 2011 12:41 pm
PaulP

Thanks for the extra information Alison Thumbs Up

trailair wrote:
This will be a TPMS only product ( no camera )aimed primarily for trailer/caravan monitoring considering that from nov 2014 every vehicle produced will have to have vehicle TPMS as standard.

I thought that this (at least in Europe) was effective from 2012 and only applied to the type-approval of newly introduced vehicles/models, certainly not to all vehicles produced. I don't think there was any prevision for a legal requirement on existing vehicles.

Either way, I must say that TPMS is something I've been interested in for some time and as I already have a rear-camera and tow on a regular basis this newer option (39-025) could be on the christmas list.

Thanks again,
Paul
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #83658319th Sep 2011 1:32 pm
trailair

United Kingdom 

Thanks Paul
To Clarify European legislation - Vehicles in categories M1 shall be equipped with an accurate Tyre Pressure Monitoring System capable of giving, when necessary, an in-car warning to the driver when a loss of pressure occurs in any tyre, which is in the interests of optimum fuel consumption and road safety.
there is a two year phase-in schedule starting from November 1st 2012. all vehicles type approved after this date must install TPMS systems as well as all vehicles manufactured after November 1st 2014.

Hope Father Christmas brings you all you want at Christmas - if you need any information on the system/options just let me know.

For vehicle the system will give audible and visual alarm at 10% fall in pressure from set level.
For Trailers also will give temperature alert if exceeds 65 degrees C. Display is electrochromic auto dimming will work in the background and display on warning or if you are curious you can display information at the press of a button. your choice whether to view or have on constant display. It's surprising how much pressures change with temperature and conditions - quite a learning curve really. One of our early customers with a Freelander had a puncture the system alerted and indicated 14psi ( vs 32 psi nameplate pressure) looking at the tyre gave no indication and indeed customer initially questioned the system which of course was accurate ! Now this customer really appreciates TPMS quite a turnround as the system for them was purchased for the camera as there is no reverse camera option for Freelander. Early warning gives a driver control of the situation and time to take necessary action. TPMS does make a difference.!

Post #83659219th Sep 2011 2:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >