Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Trinity Hinckley Leicester - I'd avoid if you ask me
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Trinity Hinckley Leicester - I'd avoid if you ask me

Not enough room here to go into a lot of detail. so just going to say positives? the girls on the service desk are nice, as for the rest.........imho avoid.

sales are great, but once youve handed over your dosh my experience has been you are stuffed if things dont go right.

Ive had/have over 40 faults with my D3. on the whole the only ones they've managed to resolve are those fixed by the enhancement and LR buletins. The rest I have had to go back time after time and no progress. Ive had to wait upto 3 months for them to get parts in, they never call to ask for clarification if they cant find a fault despite knowing the vehicle has been in repeatedly for the same issues (I even have video evidence and recordings of some faults).... basically they talk a good story but do not deliver and are not interested if they cant make the fault happen - despite never really trying to find out when/how it happens i.e. TALK TO ME!

My experience is everything is blamed on LR and the dealer do not take responsibility for resolving issues permanently. They make a token gesture and assure you that they are taking you seriously, just enough that you think maybe this time, but repeatedly dont deliver.

Service guy is nice, but you get the feeling he is Censored off at you and youre an inconvenience because your vehicles having lots of faults messes up his resolution statistics.

e.g. of quality and effort made resolving issues : I have a problem with distortion on speakers when listening to talking on radio, I was told by dealer they test speakers by listening to radio 1 if it works ok then speakers must be ok Rolling Eyes .......another?...... I inform dealer I can hear a 'blowing noise' when you are by the passenger door side of the car (exhaust leak maybe??) ... dealer returns car no service sheet or info... I call to be 'told no fault found, he was sitting IN the car with door shut and couldnt hear a thing' Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

current situation?? Having to wait 3 weeks for vehicle to go back in for 15th time because thats the first slot they can collect the car. (oh and Ill get a freelander or mazda 1 thing if i need a car Rolling Eyes )
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver 

Last edited by dylansdad on 21st Oct 2006 2:53 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #818931st Sep 2006 1:13 am
Ken

Can help with the speakers (guess your sad like me listening to Radio 4 Rolling Eyes ) Mine did this they replaced the speaker did not fix then their Master Tec suggested remounting the speaker and sealing it to the door card, and to this date allows the sound system to sound as it should.

Cant help with the rest apart from try another dealer always not easy but sometime worth the effort

Last edited by Ken on 1st Sep 2006 8:49 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #818991st Sep 2006 7:31 am
Very Annoyed

England 

There are various complaints about this dealer on RRS - at least they're consistant!
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #819101st Sep 2006 8:40 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

This is very poor service...do you have an opportunity to change dealerships?
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #819151st Sep 2006 9:05 am
dylansdad

Ken2463 wrote:
(guess your sad like me listening to Radio 4 Rolling Eyes )

Laughing nope sorry Im not sad I listen to talk sport Laughing oh and the lady who says 'turn left in 100 yards'.

Thanks for the tip, will suggest it to dealers, although I have visions of them bodging sealant into doors in a half hearted attempt to fix. Despite having actually heard this issue they continue to say its not a fault because theyve changed the speakers. Rolling Eyes
Post #819161st Sep 2006 9:08 am
Guy

United Kingdom 

Bluff your way in acoustics: tell them that what they refer to as a speaker is simply a transducer or drive unit. Transducers on their own are inefficient and limited in the frequencies they can reproduce. That's why a hi-fi speaker is always put into a box which is either sealed (infinite baffle) or ported with one or more tubes (bass-reflex enclosure). The same is true of the system in your D3 - the door space forms part of the acoustic system. If the driver isn't fitted correctly with the appropriate gasket then there will be leaks and the system will not perform correctly. Distortion on speech is most likely to be a fault with the driver itself; probably an off-centre voice coil or badly assembled cone (a rare fault, but possible).

Insist that they attach a signal generator to the system and run a frequency sweep from, say, 50Hz to 18kHz. That will immediately show the frequency where the problem is occurring and it should be obvious if it's a driver fault or something wrong with the whole acoustic system in the door.

If you PM me, I can probably dig out and burn you a copy of a test CD that will perform a similar check if it helps.

Good luck!

Post #819251st Sep 2006 9:27 am
Ken

Guy wish you were around when I was trying to get mine sorted fantastic advice

Post #819481st Sep 2006 10:25 am
fakesnake

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

dylansdad
-I'm so reassured that I'm not the only one with exactly the same gripes. Got completely fed up with the BS fed from the so called 'Technical Dept' at this garage.

Just booked into Sturgess for the first time with a list of jobs & TSB references -watch this space in a fortnight
 Richard  
Post #819991st Sep 2006 2:18 pm
fakesnake

Actually, upon reading my post, I have been a bit unfair. They did eventually sort the water ingress/ecu problem after 2 visits one of which was 2 weeks.....
 Richard  
Post #820001st Sep 2006 2:22 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

What date are you at Sturgess fakesnake? I have just booked for Thursday the 14th to have the replacement wheels fitted.
Have left them 3 messages this week to get the car booked in and no replies, Mad finally got through to service this afternoon, keeping calm though as their niggle solving was excellent last time so I will let them off if they can manage to get 4 new wheels on with no dramas Wink
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #820041st Sep 2006 2:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
dylansdad

dickgriff wrote:

yes I do however I have persevered as I have begun to get LR involved, although i suspect there is an element of buddys sticking together with the dealer and local LR tech.

Also there is some miss sold functionality missing and I didnt want to confuse the situation by changing dealerships.
Post #820131st Sep 2006 4:34 pm
fakesnake

Cliff H wrote:
What date are you at Sturgess fakesnake?

Eer, 18th. If you had trouble getting through on the phone it may have been due to me being there in person. Poor young thing on the reception desk spent quite a while typing in my A4 list of problems/TSB's etc, then said, 'Can we have it for 2 days Sir?' Crying or Very sad

Still WTF as long as it's finally fixed!!
 Richard  
Post #820231st Sep 2006 5:10 pm
fakesnake

dylansdad wrote:
dickgriff wrote:

yes I do however I have persevered as I have begun to get LR involved, although i suspect there is an element of buddys sticking together with the dealer and local LR tech.

Also there is some miss sold functionality missing and I didnt want to confuse the situation by changing dealerships.

Might be as well to stick with them til you get what you want (-in my case a 30K service gratis) then go elsewhere
 Richard  
Post #820241st Sep 2006 5:11 pm
Discos_FTW

Hi

thought i'd pop my first post in here as i was going to comment on Trinity but mine would be a positive reccomendation with an air suspension problem which has been plauging me.

I've had a D3 for about 9 months now, and as i'm sure we'd all agree they're great cars but like everything they do go wrong.

Some things are more severe than others, but i dont think its unexpected by any of us that things do go wrong on them - they are LRs after all Wink

Thats where we rely on our dealers - and mine, like you DylansDad, is Tirinty. However unlike you i've had nothing but pleasureable (as pleasurable as service returns can be anyway).

The head service guy over there has always been pretty helpful with me - and my lack of understanding on some things sometimes seems to have made him weary - but i have to say his heart is in the right place, and he's normally managed to sort me out in the end. I'd suggest going in when you know he can be free (book an appointment?) and maybe discuss things directly - he's always been very hands on with my problems...

40 problems?! wow, thats a lot! What else has gone wrong? And what have you been missold?

Surely the speaker problem cant actually be a speaker problem if they've changed them tho?

Post #8827025th Sep 2006 4:44 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Welcome Discos_FTW - good to hear the other side of the coin Wink

Post #8829725th Sep 2006 6:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >