DISCO3.CO.UK > Australia & New Zealand

Trip Computer - Speed Alert
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
mzc

Australia 
Trip Computer - Speed Alert

Hi all,

I've just become a Discovery owner, and be Censored if I can figure out how to set the speed alert or get to the settings screen of the trip computer.

I have the Aus Spec 2006 SE, so no stereo controls on the steering wheel. I was playing around with the i button on the indicator stalk, and I think I reset the trip meter (in the computer, NOT the one under the ODO, that has a separate button) but I can't repeat it.

Any others have the SE without the high end stereo and can tell me how (or if) I can set the speed alert?

Cheers,

Michael.

Post #1072095th Dec 2006 12:52 pm
RetiredBob

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Sorry MXC - can't help. I have only had the vehicle for twelve months and have not used the speed alert yet. Maybe one day!!!!

Post #1073375th Dec 2006 9:11 pm
DiscoAtom

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

mzc - I am in the boat (or rather, truck) as you are. On the the stock AUS spec SE models, you cannot get to the setup screen as outlined in the manual - It is a dealer job. I wanted to have the doors auto-lock when at speed and went though the same procedure as you did. When I take my truck in for the next service I will get them to do it.

For those stock radio SE owners who had remote radio buttons retro fitted to the steering wheel, can you now get to the settings/setup screen?
 '06 Disco 3 TDV6 SE Buckingham Blue  
Post #1073415th Dec 2006 9:40 pm
DiscoAtom

Further to the speed alert feature, one might find it annoying especially in Sydney, where on the same road speed limits can vary from 50, 60, 70 or 80 km/hr. On the highway it may be useful but urban roads..mmmm

I want to have the door speed auto-lock enabled because on more than one occasion I've people try to enter my truck when I was stopped at the lights. Fortunately for me, the one occasion when one was able to get in, it was a she and she was placcidly drunk and wanted some help to get into her unit without her keys!! Oh, isn't life interesting....
Post #1073455th Dec 2006 9:52 pm
mzc

Australia 
Thanks for the replies

Thanks guys,

I probably would get sick of the speed alert, but it would be nice to give it a go! The truck as all kids of electronic gadgets, it's a shame the trip computer is not as good as a comodoore! Smile

I'll have to read up in the forum about towbars and roof racks. I'll need to get a towbar made up, and looking at the roof I'll need at least the LR roof rails to mount an after market roof rack?

Cheers,

Michael.

Post #1074136th Dec 2006 6:24 am
Jamo

Australia 

Hello mcz, welcome aboard the good ship Permagrin! Very Happy

I think Rhino make roof rails for the LR OE rails.

I have a OL Rackmaster (AKA windcheetah) which comes with it's own rails that bolt into the LR OE captive nuts that the LR ones bolt into.

The Tradesman Oval rack doesn't need rails and bolts into the captive nuts direct.

So check out what sort of rack you want first before deciding on the rails!
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #1074266th Dec 2006 10:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mzc

Australia 
Roof Rack

Thanks Jamo,

Something that has just two left-right rails that bolts onto the 4 bolt holes I believe are already there is all I'll need to carry the occasional 'long thing' that won't fit inside.

Cheers,

Michael.

Post #1076547th Dec 2006 1:34 am
catweasel

the speed alert can only be set when you are not moving as the settings menu is not available whilst travelling so a bit useless really.
installing the radio buttons will not give you access to the settings menu and if you hold the i button for a few seconds it will reset all your settings in the main display window.

Post #1178129th Jan 2007 7:44 am
DiscoAtom

Thanks Cat, looks like I will just have to manual lock the doors as I normally do now.
Post #11822410th Jan 2007 1:39 am
catweasel

if you do not have the settings menu, next time when it's at the dealers get them to do it.

Post #11823310th Jan 2007 7:00 am
DiscoAtom

I did ask them to do it when my truck went in for the 1st service but was told that with the current software they did not have the ability to do so. Did not know whether he was referring to the firmware or diagnostic sofware. I wasn't that fussed so let it go.
Post #11842810th Jan 2007 8:54 pm
discodownunder

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I got fed up with it and turned it off as you can't change it on the move, seems a bit short sighted not to be able to adjust in motion, my Commodore Berlina had it before we bought the Disco. i was lent a Citroen when it went in for service and they had a system on the car that would stop you from going over the set speed no matter how much you push the gas, thought that was cool.
 2005 Disco 3 HSE in Zambezi + Ebony, Sat Nav, Active Locking Rear Diff and Cool Box  
Post #11859611th Jan 2007 1:13 am
catweasel

discodownunder wrote:
would stop you from going over the set speed no matter how much you push the gas, thought that was cool.
until you find yourself in a situation where you need the extra speed to avoid something/someone

DiscoAtom, either your dealer is useless, lazy or is lying. pick whichever you feel is appropriate and ask yourself, how would they diagnose the car without the appropriate tools.

Post #11861411th Jan 2007 7:12 am
Gi

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
lock the doors automatism

DiscoAtom wrote:
Thanks Cat, looks like I will just have to manual lock the doors as I normally do now.

Hi DiscoAtom, I've got my TDV6 S two month ago and as you know they wouldn't provide a trip computer on the S Sad .... BUT the function you're looking for is standard built in (as also stated in the users manual): All doors are automatically secured at a minimum speed of 8km/h (usefull option also in Switzerland and surroundings Shocked )!

The explanation tells also about '...to cancel this automatism, contact your dealer'.

Should be possible to code also on yours!
 ...this is an Italian, living in Switzerland, trying to speak English...!  
Post #11906312th Jan 2007 8:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
White Disco

Australia 

Idea Set comp. to "trip'' and then hold i button in for about 3-5 secs. This resets trip data. ( Trip, avg speed,etc but not fuel range). Don''t think speed set can be done.
 Did you think I would leave you crying,
When there's room in my D3 for 7,
Climb in here Joe we'll soon be flying,
I can go just as fast with 7.

2005 TDV6 S with Terrain Response (& all that entails), Tasmods (gorn). 2008 TDV6 HSE (gone). A Dark Side umbrella (here) & car (here).

Volkswagen Golf (SWMBO's)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO22SHOMSAH)
Datsun Insult (SWTSMBOBIO19SHOMSAH)

4 BMW's (Stents, not the silly cars)

Formerly RED DISCO 

Post #11965615th Jan 2007 5:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >