Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

TRYING TO GET DICK OUT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
TRYING TO GET DICK OUT

top cop under pressure to go ...the way its going anybody in that position will never survive....weve got big problems for sure

Post #22504609th Sep 2021 11:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

This title meant so much more before I opened it up for a read Embarassed Whistle Laughing
 "Track day running - Don't put your foot back on the accelerator until your absolutely sure you don't have to take it off again"

Current Ride: D4 XS Commercial Baltic Blue SDV6 fully loaded with heated everything Smile
Track Days: BMW E36 M3 Evolution MY 1996 (3.2 Litre 377 BHP sat in 1,250 Kgs of car, with a pro safety cage and some serious braking power) Smile 

Post #225046510th Sep 2021 5:06 am
Sea Raider

Wee bit of context

Good on PG

https://twitter.com/i/status/1435895945191952385

Post #225046710th Sep 2021 5:41 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

Reading some of the comments on those clips shows just how pathetic some people are. ''Didnt he win his case?''... yes but his reputation and life was destroyed. ''Hes still VERY angry isnt he?''...... yes of course he is, any innocent person would be. The general public these days are to a large extent, pathetic oxygen thieves (just my personal opinion of course Whistle )

PG (along with many others) was wrongly accused of horrible crimes, the BBC was very quick to be on the side of the Police in every case and only gave the police side of the cases in every one of the accusations. and were even there when Cliff Richards was arrested....how did they know he was going to be arrested before the fact ???

Peoples early deaths are attributed to these false claims (Sir Leon Brittan), a wifes last already painful years with her accused husband were made even worse (Field Marshall whos name escapes me). And all because of the unfounded word of a single fantasist whom the Met police 100% believed in spite of there being no evidence, and the BBC were there every step of the way, way out ahead of every other MSM journalist. Exclusive rights? insider knowledge? complicity?..... in my opinion all of the above and under questionable legalities.

its time the Met leadership was thoroughly stripped apart and rebuilt, and its time the BBC was overhauled before returned to being neutral and accountable to the public who are forced to fund them

Rant over... Happy Friday everyone Laughing
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #225047610th Sep 2021 6:37 am
Sea Raider

I wouldn't call it a rant, seems pretty accurate to me Thumbs Up

Post #225049310th Sep 2021 8:30 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

i did have to tone it down, think this was version 3 Laughing
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #225049710th Sep 2021 9:14 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

I first clocked Cressida Dick's name many years ago when she ordered the lethal shooting of a young Brazilian lad.

His "crime" was to wear a thick coat on a day Londoners would think hot, but he didn't. Granted, he tried to evade the police ... but only having encountered Brazilian police, it was understandable.

There were a lot of questions about her leadership that day and I was astounded when she got the top job.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #225050210th Sep 2021 10:28 am
Farmer Chalk

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

For those who have no knowledge of this operation it is very easy to criticise… I know some of the officers involved and as you might imagine it’s not as clear cut as police murdering innocent members of public..

This was the day following a number of failed bomb attempts and just two weeks after 7/7 when 52 persons were blown to smithereens in London. As someone who attended the scenes and dealt with hundreds of injured victims over the following days in hospital I can assure you you would not want to relive it.

Live surveillance was occurring at the time, the subject being followed was almost a doppelgänger of Mendez. In the confusion unfortunately the wrong person was challenged… when he made off and ran onto the tube everyone involved in that operation believed this was another attempt to cause havoc..

The authority, given the severity of previous events, was given by Cressida Dick to challenge appropriately given the circumstances.

What would you do in the same circumstances? Let him run away if you had the absolute belief that he was about to commit another atrocity. Cressida Dick, at the time, had the full support of every Met officer in London.

It was a tragic incident… but not one that should blight her for the right decision made at the time.

Post #225051310th Sep 2021 11:13 am
Oxford-boy

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Yup. Farmer Chalk +1 for me..

MetPol Commissioner a real chalice for sure. Sir John Stevens the best of the past decade or so..

A policeman's lot is not a happy one, I was one.

I have my own opinions on Dick but mine about her as MetPol Commissioner is that she's the best of the current bunch.

Challenge for Home Sec is that you really do need to have been a Met Cop for much of your career to understand the Met imho. I wasn't in the Met but that's my view. Culture, creatures and craft. Unique..

Fine men and women doing sometime nigh on impossible jobs.

Time for a National Police Service too..
 Jim

2014 Discovery 4 XXV SDV6 Causeway Grey
2016 Discovery 4 HSE Lux SDV6 Loire Blue - now gone 

Post #225051910th Sep 2021 11:39 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Interesting suggestion that one should be a time-served Met plod in order to be the top Met plod. Perhaps that's part of the problem (and it would be in any organisation) because having been on the inside of an organisation for a long period, it's difficult to see it from the outside. Difficult to take on criticisms, comments, advice, suggestions, etc.

I think it would be better to have a non-Met plod at the top. Fresh pair of eyes, etc. Of course, there is the danger, as with any large institution, that the rank and file will close ranks against someone who is "not one of ours" in the event of any issues.

Tricky situation.

I do think that the UK should have a UK Police (or an English one, at least, as the devolved mobs will want their own). Likewise a national fire service, ambulance service, etc..
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #225052310th Sep 2021 12:02 pm
Farmer Chalk

Definitely agree with a National police service! It is long long awaited…huge money is spent replicating intel, crime management etc… and we certainly don’t need that many NPCC officers…

Re the Met needing a Met recruited commissioner… my only comment is that whoever is appointed must have experience of major terrorist and/or organised crime plus public order experience…
A boss from somewhere like Devon and Cornwall would be in a flap when confronted with multiple murder scenes, public order, kidnappings, etc etc in their first hour….

The general public have literally no idea what goes across her desk on a hourly basis every hour of the day and night…
Re Cressida I have huge huge respect for her..my only criticism is recently she has been backing down when confronted with the wokeist agendas…I.e militant XR protesters being the whole of London to a halt…
Highway obstruction is still highway obstruction….

Post #225054410th Sep 2021 1:28 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Good point about the type of things dealt with by the Met that wouldn't be seen elsewhere. But there is a question about whether the top plod should be dealing with that sort of thing anyway. The Chief Exec of a multinational doesn't deal with "coal face" issues and perhaps the head of a police service shouldn't either. That should be dealt with at least on the layer below, with the top plod running the organisation itself, not the projects they're dealing with - if that makes sense.

And there certainly shouldn't be a situation where the Met can hamper investigations in to its conduct such as alleged against Dick in the Morgan report. There should be a straight forward "you will provide everything to the investigation or you can leave the police force without your pension". In situations such as that, the top plod should be ensuring the rank and file are shown to be behaving correctly, not protecting those who might not have been doing so. That's where the possibility that having a long-time Met officer as the top plod starts to look wrong. Someone without those "ties of blood" would be more likely to want to get to the bottom of things. And anyone that stands in the way of such investigations should be kicked in to the long grass with nothing.

The police service is too important an institution to let the bad apples hold sway. We need everyone of them to be good apples and we need the public to be able to trust them. The few bad 'uns make the lives of the rest so much more difficult. They deserve better.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #225056910th Sep 2021 3:30 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

My knowledge of the Daniel Morgan case comes via Private Eye: she doesn't come out of it well.

I may be viewing the world through rose-tinted spectacles but I think that thirty years ago the head of a Police force would have been likely to resign over any one of these matters and definitely after a cop had murdered a member of the public (i.e., Sarah Everard) - if only as a matter of honour given ultimate responsibility, not direct involvement.

If so many people are clamouring for you to go you are either doing something very wrong or very right. We know what happens to football managers who "have the full confidence of the board". Let's see if the same applies now the government has given the renewal of her contract their blessing.

And, to be fair, given her surname she must have had to put up with a lot at school.

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #225058010th Sep 2021 4:41 pm
Farmer Chalk

In reality Morgan was murdered in 1987… Cressida joined the Police in 1983…and therefore had less than 4 years service at the time.. she did not serve on the division, the district or even the area of the murder and therefore was probably totally unaware of the circumstances at the time.

Clearly there are strong questions over the behaviour of a certain DS working on the Catford division at the time. So much so that a number of investigations took place subsequently including the incredibly rare scenario whereby a number of covert bugs were placed in offices in an endeavour to capture those responsible….
Despite numerous investigations by numerous senior managers and new squads no evidence was forthcoming that could actually prove who murdered Morgan. Unfortunately when the rotten apple knows police policy and investigation interview techniques you are never going to get nothing other than the equivalent of a no comment interview.
Short of fitting someone up with verbal admissions which we would all agree is wrong there would never be enough evidence to successfully prosecute. I can assure you that when that ex officer successfully sued the Met for damages that hurt more than anything…
If the evidence is not there it’s not there… you can’t magic it up…

As for the suggestion this was a massive cover up and a huge web of corruption across the entire Met is just rubbish and nothing more than unfounded conspiracy theories.

Post #225062910th Sep 2021 8:51 pm
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

She has, however, blocked the release of information that would have enlightened the Daniel Morgan case. Given many of the public's gripes with the police are an apparent lack of accountability, this doesn't help.

Nothing to do with the Met (for whom two of my cousins work) but TBH, I am probably Censored because during an e-mail discussion about Mark Knight (whose wife works in the Derbyshire Police investigation dept) I made a pretty blatant statement of disgust ref accountability: the recipient subsequently had their iPad confiscated by Da Babylon. Embarassed

If the buck doesn't stop with her, where does it stop? Was she completely naive when she assumed responsibility?

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #225063110th Sep 2021 9:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >