Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

TSB LA501-022 Windscreen washer fuse blown
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
TSB LA501-022 Windscreen washer fuse blown

Discovery 3/LR3 - Windscreen Washer Bottle Frozen/Washers Inoperative 28th March 2006

Bit late but there ya go!
"A customer may report a concern that the windscreen washers are inoperative following freezing temperatures.

Cause: If the customer has diluted the washer fluid solution strength or has used a non-recommended washer solution, the washer fluid may freeze. Operating the washers while the bottle is frozen may cause the circuit fuse to blow.
Action: Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the Service Procedure detailed in this bulletin."

"If customers use non-recommended or low washer fluid additive strengths, increasing the rated value of the washer circuit fuse (Fuse 11) in the passenger compartment fusebox (central junction box) from 10Amp to 15Amp will prevent recurrence of this problem, allowing the motor to stall without blowing the fuse."

Post #5101229th Mar 2006 2:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

So there you go, it was you all being tight and watering down your washer fluid that caused it! I wondered why it seemed to mainly happen in Scotland Whistle
 The End  
Post #5101829th Mar 2006 2:29 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

What! Dilute the washer fluid! blame the owners! utter rubbish. Why can't anyone admit they cocked up the design, and that this is the simple solution.

If I want to put neat water in my washers, then its my decision. I can't moan if they don't work, but the fuse should stay intact.

I wonder if anyone's fuse blew after a service, when the dealer should have filled with sufficiently concentrated solution of LR Approved fluid?

Post #5102029th Mar 2006 2:38 pm
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Our RRS went in for it's first service yesterday. They charged me for two bottles of washer fluid and one of them was left unopened in the door pocket! Nice of them to charge me for things I don't need. I had also filled the washer bottle up at the weekend and it was still full to the brim when it went in.
What a good trick to earn a few more quid profit.
 Matt  
Post #5104629th Mar 2006 5:17 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >