Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Turn off Disco3 bluetooth?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
3lroverman

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Turn off Disco3 bluetooth?

Hello all - I am new here and this is my first post. I have a feb 2006 Disco3 TDV6 HSE. I have also just received a Freelander 2 HSE 2.2TD and I have a 2003 Freelander 1 and a 2002 Mitsubishi L200 pickup. I live off road in Southern Spain and grow avocados and mangos so these 4x4s are not just pretty faces!

I have recently tried to use the factory fitted bluetooth on the D3 (I managed to find an old Nokia phone that would work but became tired of changing SIMs over to drive the car). My normal phone is a Sony Ericsson (SE) P990i and although this will bond with the system, and is shown on the screen, when I receive a call the phone will answer but the car keeps ringing and none of the buttons will transfer the call to audio. The phone shows properly a bluetooth headset icon on the screen so that is bonded properly and I have told the phone to 'trust' the landrover bluetooth. When a call is received the screen sometimes shows the link to the P990i has been lost.

I have also got a SE K850i which is a very recent model. This will bond and work correctly so it is not the car electronics it is just the symbian P990i which is a current model.

On the new Freelander 2, LR have sorted all this properly and the car does the searching and bonding and provides a different PIN for each bonded phone. My impression is that since LR worked with Nokia on the D3, they concentrated on Nokia phones and did not bother about the rest. By the time I took delivery of the D3 ALL the phones on the list were old models and no longer available.

If I cannot get this to work then I need to turn off the D3 built-in bluetooth since it interferes with any headset (illegal in Spain) or SE handsfree kit. How can I disable the LRD3 bluetooth? I have no idea if it is accessible.

Thanks

Post #2573159th Feb 2008 12:01 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The dealer may be able to disable it.

The best thing is to delete any pairing you've made on the phone with the D3 and the when you search for another kit, don't select the D3 one.

It shouldn't interfere at all if you have not selected on your phone.

If you do use a headset, just pair is first of all away from the D3.

Again, unless you request to pair with the D3 it should ignore any bluetooth devices unless they search for it.

This is how BT should work, else we would all be driving / walking around linking up with each others devices automatically.

Post #2573689th Feb 2008 2:48 pm
3lroverman

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Thanks Simon. I will try deleting the phone from the car and the car from the phone and try again. It was my phone that kept trying to pair with the landrover and kept asking me for the PIN while it was paired with a SE car hands free unit. Probably the landrover bluetooth was still stored in the deepest recesses of the Symbian Opsys! I will try and eliminate all land rover mentions from the phone first.

Post #2573749th Feb 2008 3:12 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

That'll be it... the phone is trying to snag the D3.

Post #2573809th Feb 2008 3:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >