Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Turns out I wasn’t imagining it
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
furnitureman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Turns out I wasn’t imagining it

Even though I have changed every part of the suspension on my D3 the magic carpet ride seemed to slowly disappear over the last year, to the point if I drove over the high grip surface they use just before some junctions I could feel everything, swimbo was complaining that the D3 suspension was harsher than her s line Q3 which I couldn’t argue with, I even took a mechanic friend out who also dies MOTs and he couldn’t understand why it was so bad.

Now I don’t use the car as much now due to be getting a van and it’s now my weekend and evening drive, when I bought a battery from Tayna batteries about 3/4 years ago I also had a conditioning charger which I used occasionally but more so now the old girl is stood longer, recently I have been getting lots of “transmission fault, special programs off, suspension lowered) messages which if I turn of and lock the car will go away after a few mins these were even happening after a long drive, I plugged the iid in and even though the battery would start the car no problem it was showing 12.2 volts so I decided a new battery was required so I piped to Halfords and a new battery was fitted.

This is where I though I was imagining things, on driving over surfaces that were sending bangs through the car like I was on bump stops it was as smooth as silk, I drove over all the usual rough areas and the car was soo smooth, I took swimbo out and she couldn’t believe the difference and initially said I must have spent more money on the old girl 🙄😂, i then took the mechanic out and he was amazed.

I have no idea why but the magic carpet ride is back and the annoying bong and error messages are gone
 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8 what a car
Discovery 3 HSE 2006 gone but never forgotten
Member of the 234,567 mile club😎

Post #209236914th Oct 2019 9:19 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

One thing you have inadvertently done by changing the battery is a “hard reset”, a hard reset removes all faults and bogus static electricity from all modules. Thumbs Up
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #209237214th Oct 2019 9:27 pm
furnitureman

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

I had my conditioner charger plugged in whilst I removed the battery so it kept the radio and the trip computer so I don’t think it had a hard reset
 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 TDV8 what a car
Discovery 3 HSE 2006 gone but never forgotten
Member of the 234,567 mile club😎

Post #209240715th Oct 2019 5:12 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >