Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Tyre wear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I will have to wait another day - they won't finish it until tomorrow. However, the service managers comment was "there wasn't too much wrong with the geometry". That's great news, coz it means there was something wrong. Smile I will put my negotiating head on tomorrow.
Oh, the other reason they want to keep it - to look again at the oil light that stays of about 5 secs (other posts on this). I am now convinced it is the oil draining rather than impact of cold start in mornings. (..and yes it has had filter replacement at service - I hope Whistle ). At 9am they are going to have a mass engine-start at the dealership and see which takes longest to extinguish the light Shocked
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #8558914th Sep 2006 4:57 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Got my new wheels put on. They agree that geometry is out but it will have to go in again as this is done at their Volvo dealership up the road. They have spoken to LR and if the readings are as expected for 'bush settle' then the tyres should be sorted also.
They said that LR have paid for tyres up to 15k.
Enhancement was also carried out.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #8562814th Sep 2006 7:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
delyvaldes

"Mentioned that I would be looking for replacement tyres because of the problem and they said that LR would make a decision on that but that it could take weeks!"

for reference it takes maximum of 24 hours to receive a reply from LR re: tyre replacement unless they ask to carry out further tests on the vehicle but unlikely considering the broad range of the problem

Post #8569415th Sep 2006 10:50 am
dylansdad

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

mine were replaced same day LR gave auth within hour or so.

either way dealer has to put right given there is admission the product was faulty.... been reading up on my consumer law Laughing
 2004 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi Silver  
Post #8569715th Sep 2006 11:15 am
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Rear Toe was slightly out and has been realigned. Dealer agrees with additional 2mm wear on tyres, but is not taking up with LR. I have called LR Customer Services - they say I must take complaint back to dealer. Dealer has been great in all my dealings with them so far (I would recommend them), so I am not going to take an agressive stance. Will put situation in writing to them and constructively pursue my argument for compensation. My aim is to give the dealer what they need to argue my case effectively with LR.
Yes, I know, I am too soft!
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #8573115th Sep 2006 12:58 pm
dylansdad

Bar1nie,

your contract is with the dealer... not LR. the dealer should replace and claim back from LR. this is typical of dealers in that they try to make you think that because its a LR design fault that they are liable and decide if you get it put right, in reality that is not the law.

Dont be fobbed off by the dealer... Ive learnt that them being nice is their way of controlling you ... in reality they arent being nice theyre trying to avoid having to pay out.
Post #8573215th Sep 2006 1:05 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

If I did not buy from the dealer that now does the servicing, does that make a difference. I changed due to work location, dreadful attitude of the selling dealer and great service from the current dealer.
Post #8574715th Sep 2006 2:48 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I use a different dealer and they are making all the right noises so far, at the end of the day they still get the money back from LR.

I changed dealers due to my selling one being terrible, the new one couldn't be more helpfull, nice one Sturgess Leicester Thumbs Up
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #8574815th Sep 2006 2:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
delyvaldes

If you wish to reject the vehicle or believe there is an inherent fault with your vehicle then your contract is with the selling dealer. In terms of servicing and tyre replacement there is no reason why any authorised repairer can't claim from LR

Post #8577015th Sep 2006 4:25 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I'm pretty sure they make more from post sales service than from the vehicle sale itself Smile

-s

Post #8577615th Sep 2006 4:33 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Guy Salmon in Stockport have serviced my car, and done all the warranty work since new, and I got mine of a T'internet lease co.

Post #8578115th Sep 2006 4:41 pm
dylansdad

If your current dealer is not willing to push LR then you have to take it back to place of purchase and they have to put it right. at the end of the day you bought a product that wasnt working correctly and this has caused abnormal wear of your tyres ...this has to be repaired also... only way to repair tyres is to swap them. the dealer you purchased from will be your ultimate point of compensation unles current dealer will sort it for you.
Post #8580715th Sep 2006 6:17 pm
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

Dealer has now got agreement from LR to fund £240 towards the cost of the next pair of tyres. That is what I reckon the cost of the uneven wear amounts to over life of the original tyres. I just have to decide if I renew them before or after the (off road) Training day Confused
Post #8880027th Sep 2006 12:41 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Unless they're badly worn don't be in a rush to change them, the D3 is very capable off road on standard tyres
 The End  
Post #8882127th Sep 2006 8:25 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Slimer wrote:
the D3 is very capable off road on standard tyres

Oh yes.....I can vouch for that Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #8882827th Sep 2006 9:10 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >