DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Un-Even Tyre Wear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
TombRaiderTom

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Un-Even Tyre Wear

I know this is a common topic but...

Cleaning the car and noticed that the off side rear wheel was wearing heavily on the inside, like is nearly bald! Spoke to dealer and not a warranty issue.

Visited the local tyre alignment people, they were astonished that the wheels were so out of line, has now been corrected however they have advised that the tyre is only just legal.

Rather than speaking to dealer went straight to Land Rover Customer Service, very helpful, sorted the whole situation out.

The dealership are going to repay the £50 for the tyre alignment, as far as the tyre goes Land Rover will monitor the tyre and will partly pay for the tyre if necessary.

Any way just thought would let you know of my experience.

Post #4781815th Mar 2006 6:36 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I had (hopefully now fixed) uneven wear on all four tyres, they were all wearing on the inside edge. Dealer recently checked and adjusted wheel alignment under warranty, only time will tell if they got it right.

There was never any suggestion that it wasn't a warranty issue

Post #4782415th Mar 2006 6:41 pm
gmidghall

Isle Of Man 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi,
Went to get the wheel alignment sorted on tuesday at a garage with all the upto date computer equipment etc. The stearing wheel was just slightly down on the left hand side (about 1/4"), when I got it back the stearing wheel was about 3/4" to the right. Took it back today to get sorted and still no better than when I took it in, they have blamed it on the wrong wheels even though they are genuine LR wheels. I went into tire shop armed with the the setting posted on a previous thread. Now my D3 is the worst vehicle I have ever driven. All they have managad to do is everything wrong so now what do I do as they won't touch the vehicle a third time.

Post #4799616th Mar 2006 1:31 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

The wheel alignment process is quite complex, and also involves multiple ride-height checks too - which a regular tyre shop is unlikely to be able to do.

To get it right, take it to a Land Rover dealer.

Also, the position of the steering wheel would not necessarily indicate that there is anything wrong with the front wheel alignment; however, because yours has gone from left to right, the tyre shop obviously did something - and it sounds like it wasn't right.

By way of example, I took mine to the same tyre fitter that my local dealer uses, and had the front wheels fully checked. They made no adjustments and told me everything was fine; it wasn't. The dealer then sent the car to another dealership, and found every wheel was out of alignment - two significantly.

I'd suggest a call to LRCS. They are aware of the wheel alignment problem, and will probably be able to assist, given your geographical location.

Post #4802416th Mar 2006 9:37 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >