Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General (D4)

Uncomfortable Drivers Seat
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Oldgit st

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

xyplex wrote:
I have now driven my car for a few hundred miles and it seems what I can describe is a had piece of wood to the rear of the seat. My dealer says they are going to dismantle the seat and to have a look. I personally think they should replace the seat under warranty.

I have in th mean time ordered a car seat that has a memory foam, I hope this helps?

ehm, strange one this, ive never had this problem with the seat whatsoever untill getting in the car yesterday and driving 30 miles and yep, i thought the seat base felt like there was a hard bit about a quarter of a way distance from the seat back Evil or Very Mad

not had chance to try again....i did move the seat a few times up/down etc etc a week ago and wondering if somethings dislodged Laughing

also, even funnier, my sis in law was delivered a evokey new last week and finally came round to show me it. Very nice i thought however seemed a very very low seating position she had chosen....she then confessed to having to drive it that low since picking it up as the height adjustment button didnt work (she didnt check it on delivery Rolling Eyes ) and she was taking it back to the dealers....i looked at said buttoon, slid my had behind the plastic panel and pushed the connector onto the button Rolling Eyes yet another LR quality control triumph Rolling Eyes Censored she of course was both at once embarrased and overjoyed at being able to see over the steering wheel....

og

Post #10836835th Apr 2013 12:44 pm
steveraspberry

United Kingdom 

My son and I have just got back from a France?Belgium trip that started at 0430 this morning and we got home at 1400. Had about an hour out of the car in all that time. No discomfort for either of us here. This was in the MY13 D4 BTW. I do like the seats in the D3 too but personally, I find the D4 the more comfortable of the 2 but there's not a lot in it. Just MHO of course Wink
 My17 Volvo XC90 Inscription
MY15 Mitsubishi L200 Barbarian
RGK Tiga Fx Wheelchair,
Large Alsation called Abbs Smile
Medium blue Staffie called Piglet
Medium Alsation called Bailey Smile 

Post #10837405th Apr 2013 3:39 pm
nig22

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

I had a 2012MY HSE and I still believe it was more comfortable than my 2013MY HSE Lux. They changed something as the dealer told me that my 2012 seat covers are different from the 2013 Big Cry So I need to spend another £200 Censored

Post #10840136th Apr 2013 7:14 am
Andy1000

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Had exactly the same problem with my GS (Leather seats fitted). Had the dealer change the cushion at my expense after a couple of months. Made a small diffirence but it still feels like I'm sitting on a rock under my left cheek. Just putting up with it now.

Andy.

Post #10855949th Apr 2013 3:35 pm
mbw

United States 2013 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteLR4

I have a MY13 Lux, and the seats seem great. Haven't noticed any issues. I've done 6 hours at once, and at least 6 trips of 3 hours or more.

Post #10856119th Apr 2013 4:07 pm
Robbie

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

The rather daft seam in the middle of the seat base is what irritates me. When wearing thin trousers I find the seam, being more ridged, rubs on my coccyx. If I wear jeans (which I hardly ever do) then it is ok. Others with normal arses have commented too, but more rounded/padded individuals find it ok.

The seats are supportive and it was not for the decorative seam they would be perfect for us. Perhaps the seam itself will soften but at the moment the bits either side of the seam are squashy, turning the more ridged seam into a painful cheese-wire!
 Land Rover - Turning Drivers into Mechanics Since 1948

Battery & Quiescent Current Drain Testing

Diagnostics for:
Defender, FL2, D3, D4, Evoque, RRS & FFRR
A not-for-profit enterprise

Post #10856929th Apr 2013 6:45 pm
xyplex

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Robbie wrote:
The rather daft seam in the middle of the seat base is what irritates me. When wearing thin trousers I find the seam, being more ridged, rubs on my coccyx. If I wear jeans (which I hardly ever do) then it is ok. Others with normal arses have commented too, but more rounded/padded individuals find it ok.

The seats are supportive and it was not for the decorative seam they would be perfect for us. Perhaps the seam itself will soften but at the moment the bits either side of the seam are squashy, turning the more ridged seam into a painful cheese-wire!

I have taken my car to the dealer and they sit in the drivrs seat and they find nothing wrong with the seat, I did say that it becomes more unconfortable after 30 minutes of driving. They said they will replace the cushion padding but I think it the leather thats the problem. The passenger seat is fin and I found tha the leather seem and stitching that runs down centre soft whereas my drivers seat the centre seem is hard and every time i am hurting I reach underneath my buttocks and it always at the centre seam I am hurting.

I think the dealer needs to change the leather on the driver seat.

Post #108844815th Apr 2013 2:26 pm
xyplex

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The seat problem is now resolved.

Landrover dealer Statstone replace the leather seat cover and the stitching was soft on the leather. No more buttock
pain. The car feels nice and comfortable and tell you the truth its the first time I am really enjoying driving the car.

Thumbs Up

Post #112374727th Jun 2013 12:46 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

That's interesting, my seat was fine until about a month ago then one area of the seat became very painful to sit on - unfortunately sitting on this part was unavoidable. Mentioned it to the dealer and was advised to use a cushion for a while and see if that sorted it out, it did so they ordered a new inner cushion for the seat base which is being fitted week on Friday

Post #112377027th Jun 2013 1:32 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
atocch

Italy 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi, thanks for the advice, I have the same issue

Post #11257572nd Jul 2013 6:35 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

New leather seat cover fitted last Friday, now comfortable again Very Happy

This also had the added bonus of getting rid of the saggy leather - if anyone had seen the seat before the cover was replaced they would have thought it was a high mileage D4 but it's only done 8800 miles Rolling Eyes

Post #114392614th Aug 2013 8:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Woody, just want to clarify that you had a new seat base cushion fitted as well as the leather cover?

I don't find the seat in my 2010 D4 HSE (15k miles when I got it, now done 27k miles) as comfy as my old 2006 D3 HSE. Just wondering if fitting a new seat base cushion might improve it. The actually seat cover is fine i.e no bagginess or damage.

Post #114425415th Aug 2013 2:31 pm
WOODY179

United Kingdom 

LT, they did fit a new seat base cushion a few weeks ago but this made no difference in my case at all, new leather cover seems to have sorted the problem out thankfully.

Seat is now like it was when the D4 was new, and is definitely more comfortable than my previous D3 HSE

Post #114427915th Aug 2013 4:23 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up

It's probably my height that's the issue (6ft7in) combined with the more sculpted seats in the D4. It's still comfy, but not as much as the D3 HSE.

Post #114440915th Aug 2013 10:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >