Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Unwanted Modification
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jim

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Unwanted Modification

Just had a chap driving a digger with a front cage add a unwanted modification to the drivers nearside rear door and back quarter Evil or Very Mad

They were a group of chaps who had volenteered to put up the villages Christmas lights. Think they didn't realise that the cage stuck out nearly a 3 feet either side of the cab Embarassed

Any way these things happen Sad

Question is, they obviously want to simply pay for the repair in cash, and they driver now my dealer's service manager quite well. What is involved in replacing the rear quater (one with petrol cap) it looks like it is one piece up to the roof and across the top of the doors.

Anyone shed any light on what level of complication this repair will cause and also any idea of the cost.

I fell that I should contact my insurance to let them know what has happened, but I don't want to cause legal / insurance issues for the local guys that are helping the village for free.
 Jim  
Post #2996027th Nov 2005 12:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You could wait until the dealer has a look, they may say its easy, but I would be telling my insurance. Too much at stake.

Post #2996127th Nov 2005 12:08 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Bad luck Sad

Not sure of the repair costs or how it would be done... BUT

Personally I would inform your insurance company and tell them that you are not claiming from them just informing them. Just in case it causes problems later and you have to claim ie repair needs re-diong etc.

Police I guess not necessary unless someone was injured or there was damage to anothers property / local authority property etc. But check with your insurance company. They may well wish to have it reported and any accident may need reporting - look in your ins docs.

Good luck.

-s

Post #2996227th Nov 2005 12:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >