Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

Update: height sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3
Update: height sensor

Update: My recent (and ongoing: this AM the car was down at the rear) suspension failure may be due to a failed rear height sensor. The dealer has ordered one, and meanwhile I hobble everywhere with frequent failures.

Meanwhile LR corporate are looking for a replacement car for me - but since they have none in Canada, I am not holding my breath.

Post #217412th Apr 2005 5:57 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Are LR Canada going replace your car with a brand new one? I listen with interest!

Mine always leans over to the left slightly when parked. It corrects when I start it up. If this height sensor cures your errors, are you still going to get a replacement?

As you know I have the same predicament as you, except mine has not gone wrong (yet) since the last attempt to fix it on the 4th April. It still leans slightly to the left though.

Post #218812th Apr 2005 11:21 pm
mwillems

2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Well yes, since I have had so many errors they said I would get a new car .. except there are none. They ordered 77 and got three! So it looks like a moot point - I may have to wait and see of the height sensor repair works.

The problem is that it is an intermittent fault. So how do I know it is fixed? I cannot know! Only after a year of no more failures will I be sure - and I do not want to drive a russian roulette car for a year... since I drive in Canada, in areas outside the city, without paved roads, where my cell phone does not work. So I cannot take the risk.

Unless, of course, they show me a clearly corroded sensor - butt hen, how could it have gotten corroded after they took the car apart just a month and a half ago???

Michael

Post #219112th Apr 2005 11:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >