Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

UPDATE ON LANCASTER READING
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Shainy

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
UPDATE ON LANCASTER READING

UPDATE ON MY FAULTY VEHICLE BOUGHT FROM LANCASTER READING.

My Disco is back with lancasters for the SECOND time due to various faults as follows.

1. I have a tv which I have been told has a fan in the drivers side rear, inside the plastic moulding which houses the rear speakers, headset modules etc. this fan makes a irritating humming noise which gets louder when the car is driven on longer hauls and only goes off when you turn the car off after a couple of minutes.
lancaster have E mailed landrover to enquire as they say they havent come accross this fault before, they say there is some noise when they put their ear to the moulding and that is normal .
The noise level increases when the car is driven ansd I have informed Lancaster that in no way is that level of noise normal as it gets louder and becomes unbearable especially for the rear passengers. (Lancaster will be testing the vehicle)

2. Faulty Drivers seat, when I brake at over 40-50 mph there is a noise ( has been heard by a Lancaster employee when dropping the vehicle off after the problems appeared first) from the seat like there is something loose ( seems like some kind of back support struts) which I can feel against my back and comes forward into my back and then goes back in place again but are is not visual. (being checked)

3. Noise when turning the steering left or right .(sounds like a rubbing noise ) Definitely not the actual steering wheel rubbing against anything as had it checked. (Landrover been emailed to ask for a diagnosis)

4. Noise from the steering column it seems, can feel a slight knock from the steering when I turn the car at certain angles especially over bumps . (being checked)

5 faulty lights which have now been fixed.

Anyone had and similar problems with any of the above faults..????

!! I have been promised to replace this vehicle by the end of september Lancaster say thats when Landover sell their demonstrators.!!

Will update you with the permanent replacemet car I get from Lancaster at the end of the month and on the progress of the faults above .

Post #20594520th Sep 2007 3:14 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Good Luck Shainy, I wouldn't be too concerned about the current cars problems, after all they ARE replacing it aren't they? Make damn sure the next ones right from the start, I think I'd be asking to trial it for maybe a weekend before accepting another one from these shysters. Thumbs Up

Post #20594820th Sep 2007 3:30 pm
Shainy

Thanx...Good Idea ...I will be checking it in and out trust me ..

Yes I will be getting a replacement vehicle at the end of september ( No way am I keeping this one!!!) but I would like to know what these faults are especially as I will be getting another disco with a TV.

Post #20595220th Sep 2007 3:40 pm
Kash_10

Unlucky Shainy,

It is best to test drive the car for a long period.
Hope your next vehicle is better.

Kash

Post #21479613th Oct 2007 2:00 pm
gringle

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Good luck with the replacement car, Shainy!

Just a note on Lancaster Reading - I've had 5 Jaguars from them (next door) and they've been consistently the best dealer and servicer I've used in the UK. (In fact, I've usually regretted it when I had the Jaguars serviced anywhere else - last time Stratstone managed to break the gearbox during a 10,000 mile service ...)

I've just taken delivery (yesterday!) of an 07 D3 HSE from Lancaster Land Rover, and the sales side seemed reasonably good - but I'm hoping I won't have to test how good their servicing is for another 6 months.

I'll update this thread though as I find out more!

Post #21485313th Oct 2007 8:43 pm
bigcarpchaser

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Got my D3 from them last month and whole buying experience was a pleasure. The young chap I dealt with was a proper gent!
 Welcome "Lola" Smile  
Post #21648418th Oct 2007 7:36 pm
Shainy

lancaster

Just to let you know Lancaster could not fix the fault with the noise from the tv fan and were adamant that the noise was normal which I totally disagreed with as it was unbearable.
Anyway I have rejected the car and Lancaster have given me a refund as they could not find me a like vehicle and I have now purchased another black disco 3 hse 07 from Sturgess leicester, hopefully I will have better luck with this one...!!!!

Post #21990631st Oct 2007 9:27 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >