DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Update for navigation DVD ?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
minicabelemet

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Update for navigation DVD ?!

Hello there!
Been away for a while enjoying my now 2 years old Disco3. It took me all over Europe with no problem at all (apart of o turbo failure after only 150 miles on the clock!). I have the build in factory fitted satelite navigation system and would like to have an upgrade. As soon as you go out of Austria to Hungary, the screen is dead. Same applies to Romania and all eastern european country. Any advice? At the moment I have the original DVD (issued in Dec 2005!), and would like an update.
Thanks!

Post #20324814th Sep 2007 7:52 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alex08

Scotland 

Hi Minicabelemet

having been to all the places you mention this summer, it was strange to get the road atlas out again after crossing the Austrian border! However even the map we bought in Romania wasn't accurate for the country so I can understand why their might be reluctance to put out discs. However you can buy SatNav stand alone units in Hungary and Romania that have local maps, so someon has done it!

The new disc gives much better coverage of Spain, Portugal, Scandanavia and Ireland, but still no eastern Europe coverage.

Besides, half the adventurre on holiday is misreading the map - and as Nessie will recount, the Sat Nav wasn't then best when I tried to meet him in Belgium!

Laughing Laughing

Post #20325214th Sep 2007 8:05 pm
minicabelemet

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Thanks Alex! Will try to ge one next time! But on the other hand maybe not! Where is the fun if you have everything in front of you! Cheers!

Post #20387416th Sep 2007 6:55 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >