Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

verbal word from an MD not worth the paper
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
crustyq

United Kingdom 
verbal word from an MD not worth the paper

Well its been a year since I first picked the beast up and off she went for the first service.Not a problem you think! ha Laughing
When I first had the disco I had a few problems with the dealer and hayho Landrover steped in and I got a phone call from the MD of Gorden Lamb (richard lamb) over the hols.I was due the landrover exp day and they had took this themselves and used my name!!!
He could not app enough and said that the first service will be done foc.Very nice I thought and I logged all the bits and waited a year.
Well when I first booked the car in I informed the service dep that this service was foc and could they check for me..no problem Mr Atherton we will deal with this for you.Again no prob all was smooth.
I dropped the disco into the dept on Friday and again informed that this service was foc ..again the same response.
Well can to pick it up and wehay £350 +vat gulp!!!!!!
After explaining again they contacted RICHARD LAMB who afer 15 mins on the phone to me called me a lair and why would he call me at home to explain things over the xmas break.
If I did not pay for the service the car would be kept until the bill was settled.
The moral of the story is make sure things are wrote down.I am sure that many of the landrover dealers are straight BUT Stay CLEAR OF GORDON LAMB OF CHESTERFIELD.The the staff are great but the MD is not a man of his word.
I have been brought up with the saying that the only thing you have in this world is your word.Its very nieve but I ran my buisness with this in mind.
The money is not the issue nor the staff or car but when a owner of a large company calls there customers liars after spending £35000 this is not a way to keep them.
I will not be going back to mr Lamb ,it might take an extra 15mins to go to my next dealer in Derby but with me renewing my cars every 3 yrs thats another £55000 they will miss out on (Range Rover)
Thanks for the moan
Glyn
 tie two birds together though they have four wings they cannot fly!!  
Post #2320578th Dec 2007 2:13 pm
Tim in Scotland

Scotland 

Have you also complained to Land Rover directly? They are usually very interested in customer experiences like this.
You should also have received (or are about to receive) a post-service customer satisfaction survey, don't bin it, fill it in a send it back. My local dealer gives out their own one as well as me getting the LR generated one.
 Now a disillusioned new Land Rover buyer and have jumped ship to something less expensive and more reliable that hugs trees.... now driving a Mini Countryman PHEV as well as my trusty and brilliant 1996 Epsom Green Defender90 Tdi300  
Post #2320618th Dec 2007 3:01 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

They used your name without your consent on the LR day, tell him you will contact LR to complain about this. They also breached the data protection act using your name, tell Mr Lamb this. Either he can give you the free service of get a fine for breaching the act.

I hate this type of behaviour by dealers.

Post #2320858th Dec 2007 5:04 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Must be a Gordon thing. Another guy called Gordon recently put all my details on a disc for all to see Rolling Eyes

Seriously, that's a call to Land Rover for you. As seems the case with you, I would be more Censored over the word issue than being asked to pay . . . . .

Don't forget the forum is public, so make sure you are prepared to discuss your comments.
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #2321058th Dec 2007 7:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

You ought to rename your thread Gordon Lamb of Chesterfield for all to see Wink
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #2321068th Dec 2007 7:48 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Or Gordon Lamb Chesterfield tells lies
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #2321138th Dec 2007 8:01 pm
crustyq

United Kingdom 
gordon lamb of chesterfield tells lis

well put.
This is one thing I hate.Your word is all you have in this world, break it and you have nothing.
Its not a money thing but I HATE LIES.
Yep its a quiet talk to Landrover on Monday and see what happens
thanks for the replies
cheers Glyn
Post #2322569th Dec 2007 4:03 pm
yaugher

United Kingdom 

CONGRATS WELL DONE FOR TELLING US ALL.

If u cant trust the MD...what a poor show.

I would also suggest a trip to the local County Court to issue a summons againt the Ltd Company/MD to reclaim all your service costs plus intrest plus your time etc.

he may well then have recasll of memory...(or maybe a canoe will be found on a river somewhere nr chesterfield with tickets to panama!!!LOL)

This is a discgracefull story and lets hope someone from LR reads it and takes action......What a shame you dont have a geemark telerecorder as I do and keep aid memoir copies of calls....(for training purposes!!) I think that would be one red faced MD!!)

Thank you for the warning tho...I will remeber NEVER to use that dealer!

Post #2322769th Dec 2007 6:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
yaugher

United Kingdom 

its NOT money its the fact you were called a liar..In any event that co should have followed up same with a letter, specialy given that it was from the MD! what an apauling way to run a company.....(are the shareholders aware?)

Post #2322779th Dec 2007 6:26 pm
crustyq

United Kingdom 

Big Cry
I think the court will look at this and throw it out.It was a verbal contract and its his word against mine.I will just chalk this up to experiance.
I have said this before ,I have a great car .It does what it says on the tin.I think the only way forward is a letter and contact landrover to let them know that the dealer is prom things and not delivering.
I am a strong person,Over the last 7 yrs I have been in a wheelchair (if you google Glyn atherton you will see my story)
If MR Richard Lamb wants to run his empire like this then its up to him but I feel sorry for the other people he must have steped on while he was climbing the ladder.
His staff all called him Mr Lamb which seems very dated to me and they all appeared very scared of him.I dont think he liked it when I called him Richard (pitty i did not call him Dick!)
oh well may his empire crumble.
thanks Glyn
Post #2322979th Dec 2007 8:09 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Are you sure you want to 'wash your dirty laundry' in public? Confused
There's always two sides to every conflict and TBH it's unlikely we'll hear anything but yours....

Post #2323579th Dec 2007 11:42 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

crustyq wrote:
I dont think he liked it when I called him Richard (pitty i did not call him Dick!)

...and whats wrong with being called Dick ? ...I've been a Dick for most of my adult life Very Happy
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #23237110th Dec 2007 1:18 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

...pretty certain a dealer can't impound your car for refusing to settle a bill.
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #23240010th Dec 2007 10:08 am
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

BTW - did you get a free service, and then have an additional £350 of parts/labour (pads, discs etc) on top, or was the service £350 with no extras?
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #23240110th Dec 2007 10:11 am
SN

crustyq wrote:
I am a strong person,Over the last 7 yrs I have been in a wheelchair (if you google Glyn atherton you will see my story)
Good God - parrot disease Shocked Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)  

Last edited by SN on 10th Dec 2007 1:49 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #23240910th Dec 2007 11:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >