DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Vin help needed
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
Vin help needed

As many will have read, i have recently updated my D3 from Base spec to full HSE with premium Audio and Navigation. Yea i know, many said that's impossible but there you are. Once upon a time the earth was considered to be flat and walking on the moon was considered impossible too.

I have of course re programmed my D3's CCF data so it all works. As many will know we are quite pioneering in such stuff Embarassed, however we currently are working on flash programming of all ECU's and for testing that in my own car i also need to ensure that my mcode data is correct too.

Hmmn, yes, mcode data, i imagine quite a few blank expressions Shocked but then until a few short months ago no one had heard of the CCF either and now i guess quite a few are benefitting from the results our our mastery of it in the form of stuff like 4x4 activation etc.

For those with a liking to understand the technological aspects as i do, imagine the day when your D3 trundled down the assembly line. Stuck on it somewhere was a long slip of paper that was not there for aesthetics. This paper contained a set of Build or Module Codes that describe exactly what the build spec was. So when for example it reached the part where they fit the door cards, Fred could read the relevant part of the build sheet and would fit cards that were not only the right color but also had the right number of speakers etc.
During the process this build information gets stored in the car as Mcode data and years down the line it seems that it is now also used by the manufacturers diagnostic equipment to figure out the cars spec and what software it should be programmed with.

Having changed my own cars spec, and the CCF to get i to actually work, i do still now need and want to also change the stored mcode data to fool the dealer equipment in respect of programming.

Now i do know what each code means for each item, but there are a lot. and it occurs to me that because i have access to the code set for any Vehicle by VIN, it would really be a great time saver for me to look at and copy part of the code set for any vehicle which has pretty much the same spec as mine now has.

So please if any member has an early D3 05/06/07 with Alpaca leather, and premium ice, preferably with TMC would you be so kind as to PM me your full VIN number.

Many Thanks

Post #49745519th Jul 2009 8:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

you can work it out from this : http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic4848.html?highlight=vin i think. i didnt think the VIN gave details of interior trim etc. does it not relate back to LR records for that.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #49746019th Jul 2009 8:14 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hiya Discodunc

Nah the vin number itself provides very little info.

But what i can do is pull up the "AS build" data for any car, which includes the Mcode data

Post #49746519th Jul 2009 8:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >