DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Voice Activation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

No, not exactly.

The Standard Nav give you the option to Detour of the calculated route, but you have to ask it for the detour though.

The dynamic navigation with TMC is pro-active and if it detects you are approaching a problem, road closed, hold up, that type of thing, it will automatically offer you a reroute, without you having to do anything.

On the voice, the reason you have voice control is that you have the PTI. If you didn't have that, you wouldn't have the voice control. The telephone module offers reduced voice control capability to the full system, though I do not know what the differences are (I assume the breadth of instructions it can understand - which is pretty mind boggling, frankly).

Post #310814th Dec 2005 4:40 pm
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Winger wrote:
No, not exactly.

The Standard Nav give you the option to Detour of the calculated route, but you have to ask it for the detour though.

The dynamic navigation with TMC is pro-active and if it detects you are approaching a problem, road closed, hold up, that type of thing, it will automatically offer you a reroute, without you having to do anything.

On the voice, the reason you have voice control is that you have the PTI. If you didn't have that, you wouldn't have the voice control. The telephone module offers reduced voice control capability to the full system, though I do not know what the differences are (I assume the breadth of instructions it can understand - which is pretty mind boggling, frankly).

ohhh i see now i understand a bit better i think Confused

to be honest i am satisfied with the voice control doing the sat nav cd radio and phone still not quite sure if i should have all of this voice control gadgets working but if my dealer wants to make it all work thats just fine by me Wink

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #310824th Dec 2005 4:49 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Shawn,

That is exactly my concern.

Standard Nav does not give you voice control; PTI gives you limited voice control, but I didn't think that it extended to the other systems. It is possible that your dealer is just being over helpful, and that you shouldn't have everything that you do have after all - and that may explain the telephone problem you still have Question

Why I am concerned is that I don't want expectations to be raised, just because your dealer is going out of his way to help. It may not work for others......!

In some cases there have been clear omissions from vehicles. Simon's Settings Menu was a good example; he persisted, and that was sorted, but it was a glaring missing piece of kit. I am not sure this is in the same category.

Post #310834th Dec 2005 4:55 pm
shawn

Winger wrote:
Shawn,

Why I am concerned is that I don't want expectations to be raised, just because your dealer is going out of his way to help. It may not work for others......!

winger i do not wish to get peoples hopes up but when i reported the problem to my dealer surely they should have known my system should not have voice control for cd radio and sat nav and said sorry sir but this is not standard on your spec, but no they took it in and fixed it. now as far as i am concerned they have started so they will have to finish as my phone is not working properly. it is going in again next week for a new voice control box.

i may end up with more than i should but thats not my fault, i have learn't something today about my system and as i have already said it should have been the dealewr telling me about it not you (don't mean that personally) but the dealers really should know more about this fantastic vehilce Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #310864th Dec 2005 5:24 pm
hgrees

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

shawn wrote:
Winger wrote:
Shawn,

winger i do not wish to get peoples hopes up but when i reported the problem to my dealer surely they should have known my system should not have voice control for cd radio and sat nav and said sorry sir but this is not standard on your spec, but no they took it in and fixed it. now as far as i am concerned they have started so they will have to finish as my phone is not working properly. it is going in again next week for a new voice control box.

i may end up with more than i should but thats not my fault, i have learn't something today about my system and as i have already said it should have been the dealewr telling me about it not you (don't mean that personally) but the dealers really should know more about this fantastic vehilce Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

cheers shawn

gents this seems to be causing quite a lot of confusion. Just to add to this I asked my delaer if my voice control didn't work because i had an SE as opposed to a HSE and I was told it didn't make any difference. As far as they were concerned I should have the full facility and are trying to sort the problem out.
The guys in the service department are looking into it and have been in contact with Land Rover Technical Department by phone and email. Surely if it wasn't supposed to have the full range of voice controls then somebody along the line would have said, considering they have all the relevant Chassis numbers etc to verify the car as an SE and not the fully featured HSE.
I will be asking more tomorrow so I will post if I get any more feedback.

Thanks

Post #310894th Dec 2005 5:55 pm
shawn

hgrees wrote:

gents this seems to be causing quite a lot of confusion. Just to add to this I asked my delaer if my voice control didn't work because i had an SE as opposed to a HSE and I was told it didn't make any difference. As far as they were concerned I should have the full facility and are trying to sort the problem out.
The guys in the service department are looking into it and have been in contact with Land Rover Technical Department by phone and email. Surely if it wasn't supposed to have the full range of voice controls then somebody along the line would have said, considering they have all the relevant Chassis numbers etc to verify the car as an SE and not the fully featured HSE.

Thanks

this is exactly what happened to me the dealer told ME that it should work and they have also been in touch with land rover sending stuff via e mail etc from the factory to try and sort it out for me so it must be right or surely land rover would have noticed when the dealer spoke to them, but no land rover also said it should work so Confused Confused

shawn
Post #310904th Dec 2005 6:22 pm
hgrees

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

Hi gents, I've had confirmation from my delaers that have been in touch with Land Rover Technical Department and they assure me that the voice system should control the radio, cd, sat nav and the phone!.
Car is booked in for the 1st week in January to start to get things working!!

Regards

Huw

Post #316577th Dec 2005 8:06 pm
afp001

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

hgrees wrote:
Hi gents, I've had confirmation from my delaers that have been in touch with Land Rover Technical Department and they assure me that the voice system should control the radio, cd, sat nav and the phone!.
Car is booked in for the 1st week in January to start to get things working!!

Regards

Huw

That is good news. Can you confirm that yours is an SE and not HSE. Armed with your info I can now pursue the same problem with my SE.
Good luck.
 TDV6 SE auto, Java / Alpacca
2010 Mini Cooper S Conv. Pepper White, Blue roof
2010 Jaguar XJ, Caviar with Cashew seats, B&W 1200W Hifi 

Post #316597th Dec 2005 8:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

mine is SE and i am getting it fixed gradually Confused

shawn
Post #316727th Dec 2005 9:34 pm
mehari

Belgium 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

What an incredible mess ! It's look like the guys building the car were not in touch with the one setting up the options...

I have an HSE with a standard nav system and PTI. PTI voice command works (only in english, but that's not an issue), the owner manual tells me voice control should work with the rest (except the sat nav, since this is a documented feature of the premium upgrade) but it doesn't....

What I must say is that it is obvious that you don't really know what you are buying at the time of ordering the car and a lot of the "clarifications" come at the worst moment i.e. when you have your car in hand. If this is not a gigantic issue, it however dashes a bit the entusiasm of the first miles with the car.

LR would be well advised I think to tight up the specs of the car and to adjust the cars for those so called mistakes. I suppose this is just software activation and therefore should not cause the company a big financial loss... The same goes for the so called programable pre-heating system or the pneumatic lift that let us down when driving at 40 KM/H....

Considering the price tag of this car, customer satisfaction cannot be considered a luxury...

Post #3301014th Dec 2005 5:54 pm
Pelyma

England 

Voice command works with all my features, (HSE) but I did find that the default settings are US. For it to work the voice you hear is a womans with a clear Englisch accent. There are 2 levels that it is set at, dealers are bad at setting this up.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3301414th Dec 2005 6:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >