DISCO3.CO.UK > Technical (D3)

voice activation (round 8 )
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
voice activation (round 8 )

hi all

well i could not beleive my ears today, i recieved a call from the service manager saying that he had good and bad news, here goes

i reported my car as voice command not working on the say nav and cd system but the phone worked perfectly on voice activation. the dealer said they would have it in and sort it out, well they have had it 8 times now and the phone is crap and the voice command very rarley works.

to cut a long story short (full story can be found on another thread "voice activation" ) the dealer has spent 48 hours on my car and has now been told by land rover that as my car is an se spec it DOES NOT come with voice control the button on the steering wheel is purley for the factory phone kit so they now want my car back to convert it back to how it was and try and get the phone to work as it did when i took delivery of the car.

i am really p****d off about this as they have put over 250 miles and cost me about £50 in fuel trying to fix some thing that is not fixable. surly they should know what they are doing don't you think.

what should i do now as i have lost all confidence in them, the manager said land rover will not pay them a penny for the 48 hours they have spent on my car even though land rover have been working with the dealer ship sending patches to upload into the car for the last 8 times they have had it totaling 22 days

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3944726th Jan 2006 9:41 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Sounds like time to find another dealer.

Post #3945026th Jan 2006 9:48 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Shawn

We did cover this at some lenght in early December, and I am not surprised at the outcome.......

Sorry!

Post #3945426th Jan 2006 9:58 pm
shawn

hi winger

yes mate we did cover this and you were correct in what you said but surley i should listen to the dealer, (sorry mate no offence meant) but arn't they supossed to be the experts. Rolling Eyes

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #3945726th Jan 2006 10:03 pm
grommet

United States 

shawn wrote:
but arn't they supossed to be the experts. Rolling Eyes
Laughing  
Post #3946626th Jan 2006 10:23 pm
shawn

also i cannot believe land rover have sent various down loads to the dealer time and time again and have been working in syncro with the dealer on this and now they have just realised that it should not work anyway

also do you think by putting the car back to how it was will get the phone kit to work perfectly as it did when i purchased the car. i have asked to have the origanal voice control box fitted back into the car but was told not possible as it has been returned to land rover as faulty Rolling Eyes it just gets worse by the minute

cheers shawn
Post #3946926th Jan 2006 10:25 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Sounds to me like the situation is a result of a lot of confusion on the part of everyone involved. No comfort, but that's the reality.

Difficult, frankly, to point the finger of blame acurately.

A new telephone module, including the voice control software, ought to work fine.

Post #3947926th Jan 2006 11:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >