Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D3)

Volume on Aux (Ipod) input ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Alex08

Scotland 

The black and white don't just represent aesthetics - they actually are compatible with different iPods! The black is gen 5 compatible (and others) but allegedly the white does minis and up to 4. However my white one worked fine with my ipod video and touch and was very unhappy with my daughter's mini. So no logic there!

Post #23811729th Dec 2007 12:42 am
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

couldn't see the white one, the black one was £27

But looks as you say to provide an amplified phone jack point, I am going check out the local comet /currys tomorrow to see if they stock these, otherwise I will get one from amazon too.

cheers

All I need now is to find some thingy to hold the new Nano where I can see it Wink .

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #23812129th Dec 2007 12:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alex08

Scotland 

Currys here have both in stock - haven't seen them elsewhere. White is much cheaper than black. Dabs.com also are good for price on these.

Post #23812329th Dec 2007 12:57 am
CG

oh b Censored ger I thought I was sorted.

I prefer the black one, is that in theory compatible with the new square Nanos Question (havn't a clue what gen it is)

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #23812529th Dec 2007 1:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alex08

Scotland 

New nanos are a bit fussy. Son bought one only to find it won't speak to iTunes on his mac book as he doesn't have 10.4 OSX - and there doesn't seem a way around it other than a (paid) OS upgrade. I think the Nano might me much fussier than the 'classic' iPods - but I don't know.

Post #23812629th Dec 2007 1:03 am
CG

I Down loaded latest I tunes no problem, uploaded songs and podcasts. I have tried to play via headphone jack and as elsewhere on this thread had varying volume levels.

I guess it's buy it / try it / return it - SWIMBO's good at that.

Post #23812729th Dec 2007 1:11 am
Bornslippy

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I would be very surprised if there were any compatibility issues at all, after all we are only talking power and signal.
I just checked and both colours are still on amazon.co.uk - search for "Belkin Auto Kit for iPod with Dock Connector" and you will find teh white one in electronics for £4.70 plus postage.

Post #23815129th Dec 2007 9:49 am
Bornslippy

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Arrived this morning and works with my Ipod Classic 160 (and I can try it with my son's new 3G Nano and my wife's 2G Nano if anyone wants to know). Now I need to order a black one - anyone want a white one at cost ? Laughing

Post #23818629th Dec 2007 1:09 pm
Jimbob Squarepants

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

These people:

http://shop.ipodworld.co.uk

Seem to have an amazing range of all things Ipod.

Have never used them myself though
 Too much intellectual firepower can damage your common sense.  
Post #23819629th Dec 2007 1:29 pm
CG

Ordered a black one from Amazon - shipping date 2nd Jan Sad , - Don't know why the black one is so much more than the white ?

Post #23825729th Dec 2007 4:42 pm
Hollywood619

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Tonga GreenLR3

Sorry for the delay in a reply. Yes, I use the Monster charger and it works the cats a$$. I have also noticed the cheaper chargers will destroy the battery in your Ipod very quickly. The monster in my opinion is a good as any Apple factory product. Using the Monster my volume of a CD ripped at 128 is the same as the volume on the Ipod.
 "A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part"  
Post #23846030th Dec 2007 3:03 pm
CG

I did notice our local Comet has some Monster product for the i pod, however it included a fm tuner in the lead between the connector and charger and at £57 was rather a lot to waste.

I intend to run the leads from the power point and Aux input at the back of the arm rest bin, so they come out just behind the hand brake switch, there is just enough room on the little square cover to fit a Nano.

As yet finding how to remove the panel around the heater vents at the back of the arm rest box has eluded me, - any ideas Question

Post #23846130th Dec 2007 3:23 pm
Jimbob Squarepants

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Forgive me if you know this already but I just found in the manual that you can adjust the "Navigation Volume Offset" To do this you press and hold the Tone button button until is says "AVC Level" then use short presses of the tone button until "Nav Vol Offset" is displayed then use the rotary control to increase or decrease the value!

If yours is set high this may help to set it to a similar level to your Ipod input.

Don't ask why I am sitting reading LR Radio Manuals on New Years Eve Embarassed
 Too much intellectual firepower can damage your common sense.  
Post #2389191st Jan 2008 1:18 am
CG

My black Belkin Auto kit arrived today from Amazon, works superbly, lots of nice volume Thumbs Up

Post #2403714th Jan 2008 11:20 pm
a_paolo
Regional Moderator 

Italy 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hey guys,

never tried to use this clever prg to remove the volume lock on european IPod?

http://gopod.free-go.net/

also already described on forum :

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic8429.html?highlight=gopod

Is free, and increase the output of the IPod headphone volume.. but pay attention! maybe with headphone the volume must be used lower to avoid ear problems!!!

Ciao
Paolo

Post #24994623rd Jan 2008 10:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >