Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Discovery 5 - L462

Volvo The XC90 Inscription
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Adblue faults will soon be the curse of all post 2016 cars and as the emissions get tighter and tigher the problems will increase.

At any one time 50 percent of our truck vors are purely emissions related.

Post #209606429th Oct 2019 8:48 pm
lotusdmc

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Volvo The XC90 Inscription

AndrewS wrote:
What a pile of Censored , had one for about a week.
Suspension faulty.
Car wont play music from phone bluetooth but allows the odd call if I'm lucky.
Unimpressed with the engine.
Really unimpressed with the auto gearbox my belt driven Polaris Ranger changes down better
Brake hold thing comes on all the time and makes a nasty noise when it finally releases, ie pull into a car park, stop and wait for someone to move, when they have moved you go to move but hang on the Volvo decides its going nowhere, so you accelerate, eventually the brakes release with a grinding noise and off you go, its horrendous.
Tailgate is too low when open.

The D5 is 100 times better Thumbs Up

So...... we had a D4 lux for 4 years, I still have an XC90 t8 inscription after 2 years and we now have a MY20 d5 lux for 2 months......I have no axe to grind for or against any of them!!

D4 was a great car, swallowed all 6 of us and ate a trip to France fully loaded with a roof box, brilliantly relaxed on the long journeys. Amazing drivetrain with the sdv6 and autobox. Absolutely stella in the deep snow a few years ago, driving position and rear elevated seats brllliant, amazing stereo, and it looked the nuts! However after the xc90 arrived we realised how heavy to drive it was on the normal commute and getting into the daily used 3rd row was a pain, also a perisistant brake judder became tiresome.

XC90, to the original poster, there is a button on the centre console to turn off the auto handbrake!! Inside I specced cream leather and walnut, it's an amazing place to be. Light and airy and easily seats all 6 of us. Did the same trip to France as the D4 this year and the automation made the journey easier, however it is still an estate on big wheels, does not have the same presence nor driving position as the D4. Technically streets ahead, however the gearbox is shocking, not a patch on the D4 or D5. In pure electric mode fantastic, as you swap to petrol the torque steer is bad. As a 4x4 it's OK and survived a few deep snow drives with a surprising ability considering its 2 +2 drivetrain.

D5...wife loves its, she was very apprehensive after the D4 as she loved it and hates my xc90. I love it, however from a independent aspect it has a few failings. First the boot space with all seats up is a complete joke, we also has a disco sport with a similar comedy boot and I have no idea how such a large car has such a small boot. 2nd row seats are too low and the sun roof positioning makes the 2nd row dark, the D4 never felt dark and the xc90 is a full unhindered panoramic for rows 1 and 2, but not row 3, where the d5 does excel. Kids love the 3rd row marginally above the xc90 and over the D4, but they now have heated seated so not sure it's a true comparison. Access to the 3rd row is a pain, the xc90 is far quicker, the electric fold aspect to get to the 3rd row is slow and cumbersome.

So there you have it, all good in their own way and all bad in others!!

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 Gone, MY16 HSE Lux Corris Grey, Privacy glass, Tow Pack, RLD wheel protector, Side steps.
D5 Hse Lux Si4, Dynamic Pack, roof rails, Carpathian Grey. 

Post #20972242nd Nov 2019 10:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >