DISCO3.CO.UK > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Found] Hub Nuts for 2009 D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
[Wanted] Hub Nuts for 2009 D3

Long shot but..

Does anyone in the east Midlands/South Yorks/Anglia have a pair of hub nuts for a D3 they want to sell or have some spare they can let me replace with new ones when the shops are open on Monday.

Got a new set of front driveshafts/CVs and was told the nuts were with them - unfortunately not!

Annoyingly I tried to buy some when i bought the shafts but was assured they were with the units and like a plonker didn't undo the packaging to check Big Cry Big Cry

Thought I would use the old one but unfortunately its thread isnt great so don't want to risk it

Really want them Tomorrow (Sunday) as the cars got its MOT Monday afternoon and I wanted to get done tomorrow if possible
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #196845928th Jul 2018 7:45 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Well this is all sorted - however its worth noting that there are two types of hub nuts for a D3 and if you change your CV joints then the drive shaft might come with a newer style M24 thread on the end which requires a different nut and isnt a stake type nut.

the old style stake nut is RFD500020 to go with the slotted drive shaft

the new style nut is LR024151 is an M24 x2mm with an integral washer and is a Multi use washer

Changing the driveshafts required the newer style LR024151 Unfortunately this was only explained to me after I had the drive shaft on the car, then went to pick up new nuts, realised they wouldnt fit then went back to get more Banging Head Got changed into dirty gear to finish off the job at 7.45 and ten realised the new nut requires a 36mm socket Banging Head - not included in my socket set

The only good news is I made it to Halfords with 2 minutes to spare in SWMBOs car before closing and although they hadnt got any on display had today received new stock that was ready to be put on the shelves. All sorted by 8.30!
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #196917030th Jul 2018 11:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >