Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Tips & Tricks

Warning Light Woes - Suspension AND Braking Faults?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mac 53

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Warning Light Woes - Suspension AND Braking Faults?

Neutral A Disco owner for three weeks and I'm worried already. Just sold an outstandingly capable vehicle after 6 months of ownership, because of persistent niggling warning light faults and minor problems - an '04 Audi RS6. Complete change to Land Rover and can't believe it - the dashboard lit up like a Chrstmas Tree this morning forthe second time with suspension warning light @ amber status, ABS, DSC, and a.n.other. "DHC not available....... and something else....". I was too traumatised to recall the detail accurately and have a pen and paper ready fo the next time. Is this combination of faults common? I can understand the relationship between a fault in the ABS and the HDC but this along with suspension?

I've seen the air suspension faults survey though will need a note of my VIN to complete. Have the results been pulished and are available somewhere I've not found yet.

Guess I'm looking for advise on how to prompt the dealership.

Thanks in anticipation. (PS it's an 06 TD6 SE with 8400 miles and just had first service.)

Post #15705514th May 2007 10:59 am
Lakeland Land Rover

United Kingdom 

check the battery voltage!
if ti has only had little runs and been sat at a dealer it could be low and this envokes the faults you mentioned

remember its a lead calcium battery though Whistle
 Lakeland Land Rover
The Garage,
Torver,
Coniston,
Cumbria,
LA21 8BJ
Tel: 015394 41888 

Post #15705614th May 2007 11:02 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

It does sound like the battery... but next time it happens just call out Land Rover Assistance and tell them you're not prepared to drive the vehicle and you want a replacement car until its repaired...they will take it to your dealers who should, if they are worth their salt, fix it for you. Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #15706714th May 2007 11:49 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
It does sound like the battery... but next time it happens just call out Land Rover Assistance and tell them you're not prepared to drive the vehicle and you want a replacement car until its repaired...they will take it to your dealers who should, if they are worth their salt, fix it for you. Wink

And dont forget to tell Enterprise Rent a Car that you need a large 4x4 to carry all your heavy equipment Wink Thumbs Up
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #15707614th May 2007 12:28 pm
Matt

Wales 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Same thing happend to me in January,called LR Assist out .Thay took the Disco to Strastone Cardiff who carried out diagnostik cheque & replaced the Control moduel.Has not played up since.
Matt
 Discovery 4 SDV6 XS Firenze Red Ebony Leather

Club DuraTrac BLACK POWDER COATED 19 hse wheels
Disco 3 gone but not forgotten 

Post #15720014th May 2007 6:39 pm
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

We've had this happen a few times, and each time the probable cause has been a flat battery - either from one of the kids leaving a reading light on, or me forgetting to unplug the fridge from a permanent battery connection

Post #15720814th May 2007 6:57 pm
mac 53

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Many thanks for the speedy replies much appreciated.

Re the battery issue the car has had some good runs over the last couple of weeks - 90 miles yesterday and the starter cranks strongly every time. On each occassion I've driven a couple of miles before the fault appeared. I then pulled over, switched off and fired it up after a few seconds - the lights were all entinguished and normal service resumed.

The car had its first service last week with no faults recorded. I'm off fishing for a week on Sunday - forestry tracks crossed regularly by shallow rivers, and burns and North of Ullapool it's just about as remote as you can get. No time to get it checked out before I leave so I'll advise how I get on!!

Thanks again.

Post #15728814th May 2007 8:26 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

wheel speed sensor or connections to one of them, the fact that no DTC's are recorded indicates it's more likely to be a poor connection than a failed sensor as transient faults are not always stored...
Quote:
I was too traumatised
Shocked Shocked steady on, it's only a vehicle Thud Wink  
Post #15729714th May 2007 8:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >