Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > My Discovery 3

Watching the clock...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
SN

Watching the clock...

...counting down to dealer opening this morning - today's the day!!! Permagrin has been in evidence since yesterday (SWMBO thinks I'm just a big kid!) Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4195611th Feb 2006 8:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Have a good one Steve.
Have a good look round it, there is a lot of car to get damaged in the dealers car park Wink

Post #4195711th Feb 2006 8:59 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
HarrisonB

England 

Yes the permagrin. Get used to it…………..8 weeks on and mine shows no sign of diminishing.

Cliff’s right take time, have a good look around inside and out and try to listen to the salesman when all you want is the keys Evil or Very Mad

Buckingham blue looks great in the show room but just like black it needs cleaning regularly and even though I had a Disco 1 I didn’t realise just how big this car is. I’m 6’ 3” but can’t reach the centre of the roof even in access height.

I previously used a kartcher rotary brush but I’ve noticed its leaving very fine linear and circular scratches. I’ve dumped it for an old fashioned soft sponge and the scratches have polished out.

Put the shades in and get the pics up. Looking forward to seeing them.

H
 D3 gone for now  
Post #4196511th Feb 2006 9:59 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Watch out for the embarassed glances from lesser vehicle drivers Rolling Eyes
It's then you know you made the right choice Very Happy Have fun!

Post #4196911th Feb 2006 12:05 pm
SN

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy (no words needed!)

http://automagicly.com/landrover/images/FirstDay1.jpg
http://automagicly.com/landrover/images/FirstDay2.jpg

Confused

I think I may have a loose connector somewhere though - accelerated up two different hills and got a bong and a quck Engine System Error message (or similar - can't remember precise words) which disappeared within a second - not seen it since. Am about to have run on the M60 to see how she performs...
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #4198011th Feb 2006 2:57 pm
HarrisonB

England 

Steve

Looks great. Don't worry to much about the bong everytime I first heard them I'd get palpertations only to eventually work out that it was a temperature change, starts at +4 and goes off every degree change going down. The snow flake flashing for about 3 seconds gives it away.

H
 D3 gone for now  
Post #4198211th Feb 2006 3:09 pm
SN

No this wasn't the temperature bong - definitely accompanied by a quick "Engine Management Failure" message - did this three times today...

...and then the big one - had it on cruise at 70mph going up the M67 from Hyde towards Glossop when I had another bong, looked down and saw "Special Programs Off" and realised the power was draining away...

I pulled onto the hard shoulder, sat there for 30 seconds with the engine running and tried to pull away again - felt like it couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding. Remembering what I'd seen on here, I switched off, waited 30 seconds and fired it up again - all the power was back and off I went again - 200 yards up the road and another "Engine Management Failure" message again, but power OK.

Drove it straight back to the dealer where the perplexed salesman came and did the five 0-1-2 position changes and off with the key to 'reset it'. He didn't really give me an explanation of what he thought was going on but said if it did it again, call out LRA and they'd give me a replacement while it was fixed... Evil or Very Mad

Anyway since then I've been out and about (on any small errand Very Happy ) and been on the M60 as well and have had no further trouble - fingers crossed, eh?
Post #4201611th Feb 2006 9:49 pm
Vo Rogue

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

qzdcg8 wrote:

Drove it straight back to the dealer where the perplexed salesman came and did the five 0-1-2 position changes and off with the key to 'reset it'.

K. Can someone explain what is going on here please ? is this like a Ctrl - Alt - Del ?

Thanks

Post #4202812th Feb 2006 9:20 am
Pelyma

England 

Yes
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #4203012th Feb 2006 9:39 am
CFB

United Kingdom 

Steve

Welcome to 'full membership' Very Happy

Car looks cool 8) hope you don't have any more problems and it was just a glitch. Got mine in December and (touching wood) not a blip so far.

You just need to get that shiny paintwork caked in mud now for the full effect Very Happy
 2020 BMW X1 18d XDrive X-Line Auto  
Post #4203712th Feb 2006 10:07 am
Piero

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Well done on the purchase! Sorry to say this but mine did exactly what yours is doing, Engine System Fault messages etc, mine started with 19 miles on the clock Sad, but the dealer fitted a new Turbo and since then no probs at all, just reached the 1000 mile figure today too...5 weeks old tomorrow!!

Great car, pity LR's build quality is pants.
 2006 TDV6 SE
Buckingham Blue/Alpaca
Privacy Glass
Adaptive Xenons
19 Inch Alloys 

Post #4210912th Feb 2006 8:08 pm
SN

Better day today. No bongs or Engine Management Failures or Power Collapses - just 50 miles of smooth driving - including about 35 on the M56. Permagrin Very Happy in evidence all day (apart from when on way to A+E with daughter after she got hit with hockey ball playing for Lancashire - but D3 proved itself as a capable ambulance)

Every time I had a message I was going up a hill applying a modicum of power. It has been suggested to me that this combination, so early in the car's life, may have fooled the car into thinking there was an issue.
Post #4211212th Feb 2006 8:28 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hope that your daughter is OK Shocked

Post #4212012th Feb 2006 8:49 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Congratulations on you new arrival, lets hope your early gremlins go away. I will probably see you around and about Wink

Post #4213912th Feb 2006 10:37 pm
SN

Cliff H wrote:
Hope that your daughter is OK Shocked
Yes thanks - a couple stitches and a bruised ego!
Gareth wrote:
Congratulations on you new arrival, lets hope your early gremlins go away. I will probably see you around and about Wink
Only a couple of days in the smoke away from the Disco and the Cheadle office this week - and then I'm off work ALL next week, so probably yes Very Happy

It is amazing how many Disco's and other LR's I am suddenly spotting on the road since yesterday morning Shocked
Post #4214012th Feb 2006 10:42 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >