Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Webasto Control Available Very Soon
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Why cannot Webasto who manufacture many products and set price points without the general publics input, not give the forum a rough guide price ?

They have seen the interest in it - and seen above a solution to remote starting - so should be in a position to announce a price ? Maybe they should have not let on that they have a fix just yet ???

Even without the text messaging an ultrasonic remote could activate a relay and start the heater as arsi has worked out.

Even my AGA has an ultrasonic remote to start its extractor fan Shocked

If they leave it too long spring will arrive and people will not be interested until next year Smile

Arsi... roughly how much are you talking for your solution but with an ultrasonic remote rather than the most excellent text messaging setup you've developed ?

cheers

-s

Post #3261513th Dec 2005 6:03 pm
arsi

Finland 2005 LR3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

The Webasto timer itself was installed by local dealer and price of that may not be convertible to what BN has worked out. Then the relay and connectors on top of that was around 5€. It took me about 2h to make it. Then it is up to you what kind of remote you want. I have a GSM/GPS tracker (around 300€) but there are all kinds of remote transmitter/receiver kits for less than 20-30€ available. These are of course DIY prices. To have this done professionaly with guarantee you may add a zero to those prices. After all it is not the price of the components but legal issues that costs.

Post #3261613th Dec 2005 6:15 pm
simon

arsi, many thanks

Post #3261913th Dec 2005 6:33 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I'm with Simon on this one, surely the price should be based on the cost of the parts + cost of development time divided by the number of units they expect to sell + cost of installation + profit margin?

Asking everyone what their prepared to pay does not make sense, it's like insurance companies that ask you what the best quote you've had is, you're always going to tell them something far lower than what you've really had in the hope of a better deal

My three penneth worth....

Si
 The End  
Post #3262413th Dec 2005 6:49 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Should make an interesting topic of conversation at this weekends bash, eh?

Post #3262513th Dec 2005 6:53 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I look forward to it Very Happy
 The End  
Post #3262813th Dec 2005 6:57 pm
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

BN wrote:

One thing for sure, you guys who have registered interest will be the priority ones.

Why? are they only going to make a few then, what about the rest of us and all those owners and potential customers who don't know about this site - isn't webasto going to make it available for all. Laughing
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #3263313th Dec 2005 7:21 pm
DiscoDuck

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

I am with ARSI, SLIMMER & SIMON!

The origin of the command to the webasto control module should make no difference.

We should not be involved in pricing. Webasto with a feel for the price/demand curve should do this.

The “lock up” scare story may play into the hands of those with a vested interest in “their” solution. This has happened once over possibly thousands of “radio starts” and while conducting R&D, cause not established in my book.

I will own this car over 3 winters, one and a half have passed already, probably two, might just sit on the sidelines now.

This thread is also getting a bit Supplier/Customer now!

I don’t feel everything is as it seems!
 D4 HSE
Blue 

Post #3263413th Dec 2005 7:29 pm
simon

DiscoDuck wrote:
I am with ARSI, SLIMMER & SIMON!

The origin of the command to the webasto control module should make no difference.

We should not be involved in pricing. Webasto with a feel for the price/demand curve should do this.

The “lock up” scare story may play into the hands of those with a vested interest in “their” solution. This has happened once over possibly thousands of “radio starts” and while conducting R&D, cause not established in my book.

I will own this car over 3 winters, one and a half have passed already, probably two, might just sit on the sidelines now.

This thread is also getting a bit Supplier/Customer now!

I don’t feel everything is as it seems!

SLIMMER or is it Slimer (who knows these days)... looks like your secrets out mate... too many chocolate mud muffins eh ?

Agree with the radio lock up scare... never had this happen and for those that have its an issue with the head unit and there is an upgrade to cure too.

If the lock up is for the FBH then LR will replace under warranty for the next 3 years anyhow.

I too will own the car for at least 3 winters and to be honest all I want is LR to admit publicly that it will never work / can be fixed / will be fixed. If they made a mistake then they should admit it and apologise and maybe compensate.

-s

Post #3263713th Dec 2005 8:11 pm
Ecosse

I agree with Simon, Arsi, Slimer & DiscoDuck on this one. If Webasto have spent the development time on the product, they will need to now make a return on it & can't simply "shelve" the project - if you look at the fitted cost of their standard units that should give an idea of the cost, but Webasto should set their market price. Issues of radio locking etc are irrelevent, our cars are guaranteed & as long as Webasto as an OEM confirms they are not breaching the warranty terms we're safe. The timer/blip seems a nonsense - if they have managed to get their timer to input to the MOST bus the necessary signals there is no obvious reason why their timer cannot be programmed/reset remotely which is exactly what their remote units are designed to do. I think at the moment things are too uncertain and in the absence of some guaranteed special deal for Disco3.co.uk members I am inclined to wait for Webasto to officially launch the product Wink

Post #3266913th Dec 2005 9:35 pm
ally

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I have to agree, don't really see the point unless it has remote. Basically we'll be paying for a different version of what we have already. As I pass my car every morning with the dog its easy for me to do the radio trick. As for the warranty? Well LR sold me something with advertised parts missing so as pay back I'll be abusing the warranty if radio locks up. Maybe if we all start making warranty claims LR will do a free fix Laughing .

Post #3270613th Dec 2005 10:17 pm
10forcash

Wow, 10 pages Shocked got a bit to go to beat this though Wink

Post #3271813th Dec 2005 10:40 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jumblemo

Did I just hear the first swallow of Spring? I'm sure its starting to feel warmer already....now howabout aftermarket sun roofs?

Tonga Green
 D3 Bonatti Grey TDV6
1942 Crusader Mk III with 6lbr 

Post #3283813th Dec 2005 11:58 pm
10forcash

jumblemo wrote:
Did I just hear the first swallow of Spring? I'm sure its starting to feel warmer already....now howabout aftermarket sun roofs?

Tonga Green
Anybody want to rent me chainsaw? Wink  
Post #3284013th Dec 2005 11:59 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

jumblemo wrote:

Tonga Green

Well I have got a Bosch jigsaw and some sticky backed plastic Wink
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #3284213th Dec 2005 11:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 12 <123 ... 9 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >