DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Webasto fuel pump Thermo top v TDV6 2006
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MarXuZ

Norway 
Webasto fuel pump Thermo top v TDV6 2006

Hi.

I have had a problem with the Webasto on my D3. What happens is that, when it starts up, it runs for a minute or two and before it reaches the maximum "rpm" then it stops. During this process, smoke comes out of the exhaust like it should for the first minute. But then I get the error "no start even after restart attempt.

I changed the glowplug about 2 years ago. I have just cleaned the burner for soot again to make sure that's not the problem. I can also inform that on a very rare occasion it works, and then it can run for an hour suddenly without a problem.

I decided to deliver it to a workshop to find out the problem. They told me that the Webasto was not getting diesel and the Webasto diesel pump had to be replaced. They heard with the Land Rover dealer and they were charging about 450GBP for the pump and I thought that was very expensive for a small pump.

I decided to buy a used one, the pump that was in my car had part number 9001441 B Webasto 3 EPDM When I looked, all the parts had number 9001441 B but I couldn't find the 3 number, I found everything from 2 to 13. Since my car was specified there, I assumed it would work fine, the pump I bought had the number 5.

I fitted the new pump and tried to start the webasto and the new pump is completely dead. Now when I start it, there is no smoke and i can hear that the webasto is not getting any diesel and the pump is not making any noise.

So then the question is, does anyone know what the number 3 or 5 or 13 on these pumps means. Possibly where I can get hold of a pump with the number 3 on it. Or if anyone has any other suggestions as to what is causing my problem. Sorry that this was quite much text, but I would really appreciate if anyone has any good suggestions Smile[/u]

Post #235289412th Nov 2023 9:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >