Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > In Car Electronics (D4)

Webasto TC4 Advanced and T91R cabling questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
flagre

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto HavanaDiscovery 4
Webasto TC4 Advanced and T91R cabling questions

Maybe some of you have done this before. Car is a 2012 D4 and came with the T91R module. Bought a TC4 Advanced and the Y cable (1319873A). Disconnected the flat connector coming from the front to the T91R and plugged that into the female on the Y cable. Then I assembled the cables according to the TC4 Advanced installation manual [1]: (1) yellow, (2) not connected, (3) red, (4) brown. Did this both on the male and female 4 pin connector, but obviously only the female connector is used on the TC4 Advanced harness and connect to the Y cable 4 pin male connector. The 4 pin male connector on the TC 4 Advanced harness is then just left hanging.

I get SMS contact, switch/diode blinks green, but when I press start in the ThermoCall app it does not start, even though I get a confirmation. Turning it off and then trying the T91R starts it. So I have some concerns regarding my cabling. Have anyone done this before or can point me to the right solution here? I admit, getting the colors on the female 4 pin connector right from the manual [1] was not easy for me and I just used the cable layout from the 4 pin male connector as that could be fully resolved and assume when connecting these two the colors should match. I suspect this is where it is wrong and the color layout of these two should not match.

Thanks in advance for any help.

[1] https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&...ag2cybYApw

Post #229146413th May 2022 10:00 am
flagre

Do anyone have some information on this or know where to reach out? It seems to be possible form the manual to run both the T91R and the Telecall.

Post #229321527th May 2022 8:00 am
flagre

Updating this as I figured it out. Maybe it will help others in the future. I managed to get excellent advice from http://www.heatco.no/ so thanks for that. They also supplied the necessary Y cable with part number 1319873A.

In order to get this to work, essentially the following steps are required:
1. Remove the connector coming from the front of the car to your T91R.
2. Plug the removed connected from the car into the Y cable.
3. Configure the TC4 Telecall harness. Only care about the female four connector as this is the one that mates with the male four connector from the Y cable. This should not be configured according to the installation manual, but instead do the following: (i) red and brown (location 3 and 4) should go to the corresponding colors on the Y cable male four connector, which is the same as the installation manual describes. (ii) now it differs from the installation manual and you should not connect the yellow connector to location 1, but instead connect the black connector to location 2. That is it. Tape of everything else and configure the connector on the TC4 side according to the installation manual. Depending on your sensors etc. there are a few options here. Also make sure you install the diode/switch and the antenna at a location you find practical.
4. Connect the configured (brown, red and black wires) female four connector from the TC4 Telecall harness to the male four connector of the Y cable.
5. Install the Telecall app from the links. Now they need to be manually downloaded and is not to be found in for instance the Play store due to policy changes.
6. Configure the app and pay particular attention to setting the heater to Thermo Top C, not Thermo Top Evo, even though that is formally the heater installed in the car.
7. Enjoy.

Post #22946317th Jun 2022 9:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >