Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 703 of 819 <123 ... 702703704 ... 817818819>
Tookie

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Morning all, just perchased my first D3, it's fair to say I have had my share of Land Rovers, Defenders x2 Range Rover classic, Range Rover P38 Censored (put me off RR for life) Freelander, and D2 x2 and current car, I'm a member on the D2BC an excellent forum, D3 is in having cam belts and oil pump done, its MY 06 just before the tax hike! Hopefully I won't be putting too many posts up!!

Post #206792012th Jul 2019 7:52 am
shravanjk86

Germany 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi All,

I'm new to Land rovers and any large vehicle in general.

I'm smitten by the butch nature of the D3/D4.
Will be looking to buy one in the near future, considering the missus will want to have her own set of wheels as well. (We currently have a red R56 Mini which i'd pawn off to her Smile )

The idea is to have an overlanding vehicle and do a number of road trips on them.
Maybe even a rooftop tent and some proper overlanding gear.

Cheers,
Shravan

Post #206824614th Jul 2019 12:37 pm
artiom

2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Hi all,

A new happy LR Discovery 4 owner here!

I've got mine after one of my friends gave me his Disco 4 for an "extended" test-drive - I was very impressed with a big 4x4. I've spent some time looking for options and finally remained with 2 of them - Toyota Landcruiser 2010 and Land Rover Discovery 4 2014. Despite the Toyota was impressive as well, the dealer tried to trick me into additional spending, it had quite badly scratched boot interior and generally felt way less responsive and less refined than the D4, so you know the outcome Smile

Cheers,
Artiom

Post #206831814th Jul 2019 7:34 pm
Grim Reaper

United Kingdom 2007 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Greetings.

I have just joined this fantastic site. I'm fairly mechanically minded and attempt to do most things myself. I have already had some problems, which this site has helped with, but still a long way to go. Love my LR3, but get frustrated with the niggles.
I hope I don't cover old ground but being a newbie I'm not sure but I expect someone will help.

Post #206897417th Jul 2019 3:03 pm
Longjohn_85

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hello all, bought my first Disco a few months back and straight away had issues that made me want to sell up. (going into limp mode and clunk from transfer box) Think I have got to the bottom of the issues now after a garage trying to fix the jeep but making it worse so did the work myself.

Mine is a 2004 D3 HSE with 197000 miles Laughing now that she is running right she is a great jeep and the kids love it so she can stay, for now.

Hope to help out where I can with others and I know ill be using this site to keep the Disco on the road.

Post #206963919th Jul 2019 9:11 pm
stuarth44

Australia 

hello people
me, old
first lr, series 1 1957 bought in 67
series 11a
series 3
td5 bought in uk, millennium addition, driven UK-Turkey on some of of the boggiest terrain, that I've encountered in years of farming, logging in my earliest days
two days ago bought D4 plus a chip from UK,
PROBLEM, I am one handed, and, I'd like to know if the plug on the fuel rail sensor, is removed by squeezing or spreading the cover of that plug, or could the wings of it spread with external circlip pliers, any help really would be appreciated, BTW I am UK, born, lived most my life in NZ, Served my time engine fitter, bigger diesels to 3000 shp, electronics baffle me, but I can rebuild a Cummins 1710 cu/ inch in my sleep

Post #206967020th Jul 2019 4:50 am
stuarth44

Australia 

Longjohn_85 wrote:
Hello all, bought my first Disco a few months back and straight away had issues that made me want to sell up. (going into limp mode and clunk from transfer box) Think I have got to the bottom of the issues now after a garage trying to fix the jeep but making it worse so did the work myself.

Mine is a 2004 D3 HSE with 197000 miles Laughing now that she is running right she is a great jeep and the kids love it so she can stay, for now.

Hope to help out where I can with others and I know ill be using this site to keep the Disco on the road.

good on you, but hey your LR is not a jeep, always remember, jeeps are heaps

Post #206967120th Jul 2019 4:52 am
Longjohn_85

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Cheers mate, I’ll remember that

Post #206975820th Jul 2019 12:24 pm
keefie

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Atacama SandDiscovery 3

hi all, ive just become the proud owner of a D3, im interested in its history as ive read on here that someone is trying to trace their old D3 BG08EHW (now has private plate on it). i own it now .
would be interested as ive heard it was built for a safari or some expedition !!!!!.

Post #207004821st Jul 2019 10:23 pm
Skwike

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

We're looking at the d4 on eBay etc and finding it all very confusing. The variations in spec and what some people feel is important is the biggest problem for us. Cam belt, gearbox flush and service history are the key points for us, as is mot history.
We were driving a clapped out d2 commercial quite happily, obviously with the intention of an upgrade in the future. It just so happens future arrived unexpectedly last week via courier. Well, hit and run to be precise, ours was parked in a marked bay and he did us a favour, though it doesn't feel much like it. The insurance pronounced it to be cat s and now I'm 3 days into looking at d4 diesels. It's a steep learning curve, partially because we've found out we have champagne tastes on a beer income. The old d2 was great, chuck the dogs in the back wet or dry, no harm done. Things may need to change if we go for a 7 seater. That said there's a 5 seater commercial on eBay with a dead gearbox (I estimate 2k for the repair) and a locked back door, went for 6.3k last time. Then there are the 2 seaters, last owned by NASA judging by the mileage. 8k doesn't buy much these days.

Any advice is welcomed. I already know the bit about don't get involved with land rovers. I want a tow car, not a hobby if you catch my drift.
Jim.

Post #207010022nd Jul 2019 8:51 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi Jim, keep an eye on the For Sale section of this forum, good cars do come up for sale and you know they will have been well looked after.

And welcome to the joys of owning a D4 - in the very near future Smile
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #207018022nd Jul 2019 1:27 pm
Gary_P

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Many knowledgeable people on here will help you with what to look for etc, but I just wanted to say that there are plenty of boot liners out there that will protect the floor sides and back of rear seats. They often come up for sale on this site too. So “chucking the dogs in the back” after a muddy walk is quite feasible.

Good luck with your search. I’m sure people will be along with sage advice shortly to assist in this.
Cheers
 Gary
-------------------------------------------

Discovery 4 HSE 2016MY 

Post #207018222nd Jul 2019 1:31 pm
Bigs1967

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
New Member to group also new LR3 owner

Good afternoon all

I am new to this group and new to owning a 2.7 Discovery 3 and finding it a very beautiful ride all but a bit worrying at times.

I had an engine power failure 2 weeks ago and had to get it towed by the AA, the mechanic who worked on it did not really know what he was doing however he did manage to get it running by blanking out the EGR valves, however when he gave me the car back admitting he was well out of his depth I now have a misfire and it sounds like a tank.

My questions are:
1) could both EGR valves stop working at the same time or would this more likely be caused by an electrical fault and would it have caused a complete engine shut down.

2) I have read that blanking the EGR's is an MOT failure

It is booked in to a local mechanic who is going to assess the issues and let me know, however I am nervous about getting ripped off so looking for some comfort at this stage.

I would like to thank you all in advance as any advise would be much appreciated.

Post #207018722nd Jul 2019 1:48 pm
reverendalc

United States 

i must be lost, i own D2 and RRs, but i'm now registered in UK D3 forum from USA...

figure that out!

cheers
 2010 NAS Disco 4 HSE LUX HD petrol
1994 NAS RRC LWB V8 petrol - SOLD
2006 NAS Disco 3 V8 petrol
2006 NAS RRS HSE petrol - SOLD
2003 NAS Disco 2 SE7 petrol
2003 NAD Disco 2 SE - SOLD
2001 Disco 2 SE - SOLD
2003 Disco 2 SE7 - SOLD
1995 Disco SE - SOLD
1997 Disco SE - SOLD 

Post #207022722nd Jul 2019 4:15 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome all Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #207022922nd Jul 2019 4:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Post Reply Back to top
Page 703 of 819 <123 ... 702703704 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >