Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 788 of 818 <123 ... 787788789 ... 816817818>
m_atrix

Poland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Hello everyone

Hello everyone,
I am new here and I greet you warmly from today's cloudy Warsaw

Post #228925426th Apr 2022 7:03 am
IrvJr

United States 2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Indus SilverLR3

Picke up a used one, not even sure if this is the right forum. Its a 06 Range Rover HSE.
These things sure have there quirks.

Post #228970029th Apr 2022 4:02 pm
jo

Netherlands 
saying hello

Thought I should introduce myself as I now have a d3.
Picked up a D3 this afternoon, GS so pretty basic but that's what I wanted.

Had series 2's and 3's, a lightweight, a 2 door RR and a lovely softdash RR, an early 110 and then a Fullfat RR. So I'm pretty used to getting dirty fingers.

So be prepared for questions ... lots of them.

Post #228973629th Apr 2022 9:49 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to the new members and to the joys of Disco ownership Very Happy (dirty hands and a full wallet are a pre-requisite Laughing )

IrvJr - this forum is for the Discovery although people with other cars are known to be involved Whistle You may wish to join the sister forum to this -

https://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/

or

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #228978530th Apr 2022 12:56 pm
niallmal

Ireland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 4

Hi all.
I've just joined as I'm slowly closing a sale for a 2016 DS4.
Have had a FL2 for years and looking forward to getting my hands on the DS4. It's been my dream car for a while.

Post #228981630th Apr 2022 5:50 pm
kdebnath

India 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hello Everyone, A big "namaste" from India.

Have bought a 2009 D3 GS, perhaps the most basic discovery with least electronics. Happy to be a part of this ever-growing community. This will be my first LR experience after have a lot of Japanese in the stable.The box design killed me despite all the odd predicaments. Looking forward to technical discussion as my DISCO is already throwing the famous "THREE AMIGOS" Razz
Thank you site admin & moderators.

Post #22900332nd May 2022 4:13 pm
Tank1

United Kingdom 

Hi there
thank you for your welcome.
I have a 2007 disco3 which I love to bits but it decides to go into limp mode when it want🤣doesn’t do it all the time.
Have changed the battery, discs brakes and the brake sensor and 2 front lower arms. Is there anyway of getting to the turbo without lifting the top of the car off?

Post #22903625th May 2022 12:21 pm
Kekkerchavie,rockernixies

United Kingdom 2010 LR4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackLR4

Hi there.
just wanted to say hi as new to this and doing some research as I'm having difficulty understanding other threads replys on the issue in hand, I currently drive rrs 2010 3L TDV6 auto, 2010 to 2013 which is same engine as d4, my issue is I'm getting crankcase pressure and due to this I blew crank seal front and on that day I opened the bonnet and the pipe that clicks into the the actual air ducked/connector to the throttle body had expelled lots of oil up and around that area filling duct and throttle body assembly, so as you do I got to work striped it all down new seal at bottom crankshaft ÂŁ29 part cost me the price of new timing belt, pulls, iderlers, tenchoner, fan belt, special tool set to lock engine /flywheel /cams,oil,air, pollen,filter kit, jaguar/LR oil,coolent, n so on, least that's work that's been done now I guess,,

Now I'm at a point were yes I've renewed the seal n put it back to working order but still have to first issue that coursed it to blow a seal, ie: crankcase pressure blow by gases still exist as now have top passenger side rocker cover gasket leaking oil all down the back and side of the engine making it look like a oil crimescene underneath its covered everything and I no a little does look like so much more especially with driving it n blowing everywhere,
I've done the basics and even has the upgrade pipe from lr for drivers side turbo oil return pipe which is shorter so drains back more efficiently solving smoke issues that was reported,

So I'm hoping someone can help me and say for sure the a blocked or clogged oil separator would course the pressure to get high enough to blow the bottom front crank seal and 100% it would be the outcome that the #oil has got pushed up n out of the pipe that's connects to the ducked intake side and quite a lot too,??
I no the problem still exists due to the further oil leak frome valve cover gasket plus still getting lots of oil up in the air duck and blown all around the outside of the small pipe Cumming up from drivers side front from behind egr and over were the camshaft sprocket is and plugs/conection into the duckd body, its my belief that's how the oil is entering the airflow system, my turbos are working fine lots of power no lag no whistles or grunting etc so to me only other way would be oil pipe from either oil sepperator or crankcase " that's if that pipe I'm on about goes or comes from an oil source as I no that flows either way from the duct atmosphere pressure blows down that pipe on idal wen in boost it sucks ie pulling oil up the pipe?sorry for long boring questions I'm desperately searching for someone who can say yes your right it happened to me bla bla before it blows the seals again,
#2 questions
#1, Would glogged sepperator course this issues??
#2,is it possible that's were the oil is entering sucked up into duck housing were is mostly accumulated??

Many thanks Steve.

RR SPORT HSE 2010 3L TDV6 TWIN TURBO 270BHP, BLACK PACK 22"SVR WHEELS STAINLESS PIPE EGR Delete, PEARLESCENT BLACK 👌 Duck

Post #22904556th May 2022 6:53 am
DiscoDan79

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Hi everyone,

Bought my first LR a month ago after handing my company car back, wanted one for ages and plumped for a 2007 D3 GS 2.7 TFV6.

147K Miles but well serviced and and in good nick 👍

Fitted wind deflectors, and got some side steps from a reputable dealer on ebay, but after finally getting the two screws out of the rear of the passenger side sill trim I discovered the brackets were very badly made, nothing lines up and one is totally pi55ed! Awaiting reply from them....

Having taken the reaer wheel off to get at the screws I discovered the brake shield is very corroded and may even be fouling on the inner edge of the wheel itself....looks like that will need replacing and from what I've seen it would make sense to do the bearing too?

Bit of a squealing aux belt too, tensioner probably needs replacing.

So all in all I'm very happy with my first Disco, few little jobs to do....better invest in a trolley jack and stands that are up to the task now!

Cheers

Post #22906777th May 2022 10:08 pm
DIY Pete

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Just a quick hello, swapped out my 2009/10 ( 8speed) X5 for 2014 Disco 4. Good to see it also has 8 speed auto.
Early days as 1 week of ownership and I’ve already changed out air and pollen filters which were black and have 3 oil filters in stock. At least I have a receipt for the oil change done!
X5’s are not without their gremlin’s as are other brands of 4 WD so I look forward to receiving excellent input to any future issues and hopefully giving something useful back.

Regards Pete

Post #22906918th May 2022 4:46 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to the new Discovery owners and members - hope you all have many care-free years of ownership - well, we can dream Rolling with laughter

Kekkerchavie,rockernixies - may I suggest you post you query in the D4 section of the forum as more members are likely to read that section and hopefully be able to provide some advice Very Happy
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #22908909th May 2022 11:41 am
Jagpet

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Hi thanks for having me I've been reading some posts and found them very helpful 😁

Post #229114010th May 2022 10:20 pm
JJVIO

South Africa 
Info on disco3

I am from South-Africa i need any information about removal of headcylinders need to replace headgaskets in place-body on, any videos or step step ,any information plse.DIY
on my disco3 2.7tdv6 auto.workshop manual diffucult to get information in SA thanks

Post #229119911th May 2022 11:21 am
JulesPG

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
Welcome

Hello everyone

We are a Landrover family, new Discovery (red with black roof) hybrid p300e, silver discovery 4 2011 famous film car (cobra season 2) and newly upgraded black Discovery 4 12v to 18v disco 4 toy child’s car.

You got to love them. (Like one of the family)

Post #229168515th May 2022 6:54 am
Littlem7205

England 

Hi all.

We own a 2004 D3 , really like the car as it does all we need in comfort.

Have some minor issues with it and have been told that this site/club/group is the place to be for advice and help.

Post #229169315th May 2022 9:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 788 of 818 <123 ... 787788789 ... 816817818>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >