Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 789 of 818 <123 ... 788789790 ... 816817818>
Brockbridge10

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Here we go again

Used to own a TD5. Loved it to bits. Eventually after 235k it rusted away so I thought I would have a change

and buy a sensible German car. Unfortunately it turns out that Discovery ownership is like Hotel California - you can check out but you can never leave. So…

Post #229175315th May 2022 8:42 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Welcome to the forum, home of the gluttons for punishment Thumbs Up

Stornoway gray is a really nice color. Here’s my old one
Click image to enlarge

German cars aren’t sensible. If you want sensible, get a Volvo or Skoda Laughing

Post #229175415th May 2022 8:50 pm
Jacks11

Disco 4

Hi all

Newbie owner here and first LR vehicle ever. Really like the Disco 4 shape and after having looked at few took the plunge and bought a pre-facelift one. I was after a HSE but a bit more than I wanted to pay.
Its had both inlet manifolds done by the previous owner so booked in for diff oil & transmission oil change, air con regas. Braided brake lines arrived last week so need to get those done as well as brake fluid change. I suspect the some of the bushes may need replacing so looking at polybush.

Mods completed thus far: Interior LEDs but need to find T5 LEDs for the sunvisors. Gloss black mirrror caps. Replaced one of the headlights as it had a crack, Grille from Powerful, Osram bulbs, black LR badges, new windscreen scuttle, new wipers, mud flaps fitted, window weather strips replaced. Black side vents to fit & a ruddy ggod clean inside and out.

Plenty to do including getting the spare wheel shot blasted and powder coated, alloys refurbed in gloss black, possibly Cooper or GG AT3 tyres....there is no end!

Thought about the side steps but they look a bit meh IMO but don't want to spend a fortune on side bars - any good alternatives to the side steps?

Also does anyone know if post facelift door mirrors will fit 2010-2013 MY?

Post #229191017th May 2022 11:57 am
I.Arraez

Spain 

Hello everyone.
I have had my Range for 5 years and very happy.
I have had several Landys already in my life and I learn mechanics sometimes due to breakdowns but in general I have not had major breakdowns, I like to do everything I can with my Landys.
I started with a Series 3 (Land Rover Santana) Disc 200 Tdi, 300 Tdi, Disc 3 and the one I currently have that I love.
I hope to contribute what I can and learn from you.
Thanks for accepting me.

Post #229193017th May 2022 3:39 pm
andy_half0rd

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 3
Hello and help!

Hi All,

Posting all the way from Noumea in New Caledonia, about 2 hrs east of Brisbane, Australia. I work as a fisheries researcher throughout the Pacific Islands. Covid has shut down our travel for best part of 2 years but that's okay as I've got my boat to go fishing and my trusty 2006 Disco 3 TDV6 to tow it with - NOT!

Been having issues with the cooling system for some time, replaced water pump and expansion tank but still loosing coolant slowly - but couldnt find out where. Driving along highway and suddenly temperature shoots up and I get off the highway with all sorts of horrible eruptions under the bonnet. Lift hood and the coolant is a brown, viscous mess - something has mixed with the coolant and I assume its oil. Anyway I waited for temperature to cool and topped up again with coolant to get home. Temperature went back to normal and car drove fine for trip home (another 5km or so).

So I decide to pull everything apart and see where i was at. There was a horrible mess in and around the oil cooler area - not the colour of what I saw in my coolant reservoir just oil and grime. I checked dipstick and it was also just oil. Drained a litre out of the sump and also no indication of coolant in oil.

Next step pulled radiator out and got it cleaned and checked and its OK. Pulled off all hoses and cleaned out goopy brown gunk. Ordered new oil cooler and replaced, changing oil at same time. While all the bits were out, I read about blanking off the EGR system so thought I would do that - even having 2 less pipes under the hood made it worthwhile in my book. Put everything back and thought I would start the car and drive off tired but happy.

Nope - started car and smoke is pouring out of the exhausts, it will start but sit in a very very low idle and eventually stop. The accelerator does not respond at all. I am pushing it to see if I could get the engine revved up but it does zero - absolutely no response. So I shut it down as all the smoke is freaking me out. I then check in, around, and under the engine to see if there is something really ugly happening. I cannot find any leaks, dipstick checks out OK, coolant level hasnt moved from the level I topped it up to. There remains some brown goop in the system which I assume flushed out of the inner parts of the system when I turned the car on initially.

I have let it sit for a day and come back to it with fingers crossed but same thing again.

In retrospect all I can say is that whats different is I blanked off the EGR valves, but otherwise just bolted and screwed everything back on. The only other possible issue I can think of is whether I put some piping back on the wrong connectors - especially behind the oil cooler.

Any and all advice welcome. Apologies for the length of the post but this is my last port of call. I have a manual and youtube to help me with most things but I dont even know where to start here.

cheers

Andy

Post #229201518th May 2022 4:55 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Welcome to all the new members and owners of the great Green Oval Thumbs Up

Jacks11 - seems like you're used to wielding the spanners - always a good skill to have when owning a Land Rover Laughing

andy-half0rd - I have copied and pasted your post to the D3 section as more people are likely to read that section and hopefully someone can help
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #229204718th May 2022 9:51 am
Jacks11

No good with spanners but will be trying a local Indy for all the work. My skill set is very basic! I did change the wiper arms and front light myself though Cool Laughing

Post #229206118th May 2022 11:32 am
Alex79Disco3

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3
Hello !

Hi everyone,
Sunday will be the DAY...new owner of a 2009 Discovery 3 HSE 130.000 miles Very Happy
Any good advice regarding the insurance? Java Black

Many thanks !!!

Post #229235320th May 2022 10:46 am
kettles

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Barolo BlackDiscovery 3

hi just a short intro about me this is my first disco 3 i currently have 6 range rovers and 2 disco 1s ages for Range rovers are 1972 1983 1985 1985 and 2 newer at 1997 2001 my discos are 1991 1992
my disco is 2007 and in quite a few pieces so il be having many sleepless nights as it also was a non runner before i got it
so when i found out about your site i found it on a site from Africa someone had posted it i thought happy days if im stuck i will have access to a disco 3 encyclopaedia of knowledge.
i possibly am insane
much thanks in advance

Duncan

Post #229245221st May 2022 6:31 am
spazicus

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hello all, this place has been helpful in the past for fixing my EPB, thanks!

Cheers Very Happy

Last edited by spazicus on 26th May 2022 1:50 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #229302825th May 2022 4:17 pm
ianm27

Welcome to new members and lurkers who are now members Laughing

Alex79Disco3 - hope Sundat was as expected and you are driving with smiles Very Happy

kettles - couldn't possibly comment on your sanity Whistle and good luck with your project. Maybe create a new thread for updates, with pics of course, and I'm sure there are lots of peeps on here that will be happy to share their knowledge

spazicus - sorry to hear about your suspected bust crankshaft Big Cry . Joe at Oval Motors is definitely the guy to talk to.
Limo Tint
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #229311526th May 2022 9:56 am
FredtheFrogman

United Kingdom 
New Joiner

Hi, just introducing myself as a new joiner. Going to purchase a used Disco 3 and look forward to using the site to prepare for pre purchase due diligence and ongoing ownership advice.

Cheers, Fred.

Post #22940452nd Jun 2022 4:49 am
AndyP75

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the add this is my D3 only just got it so it’s still work in progress just sold a D2 and a Range Rover to make way for the D3

Post #22942153rd Jun 2022 2:30 pm
anhedral

United Kingdom 

Hi,

Another prospective new disco entrant hoping to soon purchase his first Disco4. Very impressed with the community support here and for the vehicle in general. I’m getting a little excited at the prospect of having one now to run the fam around and drag a caravan around the country.

I have to say I’m a little daunted abound buying a +120k one, but having read some of the wonderful information on this site, I now feel more equipped to cope with it!

Cheers!

James.

Post #22945716th Jun 2022 5:41 pm
ianm27

Welcome to the new members Thumbs Up and prospective owners - good luck with your search. These are great cars with so much capability and just the occasional hiccup and garage bill Whistle Whistle
Limo Tint
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #22946527th Jun 2022 11:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 789 of 818 <123 ... 788789790 ... 816817818>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >