Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 816 of 819 <123 ... 815816 817818819>
CincoSietePro

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Hello, my name is Javier, I live in Toledo, Spain, but I was born in Venezuela, there I had 2 beautiful Range Rover Classics, with a 3.5 aluminum engine and 2 Stromberg carburetors, (previously I had upgraded to 3.9 and 4.0 engines) the discovery 3 from the At first it is my favorite vehicle, but I was not able to buy one of this until this year, despite what reason told me, not to buy a car that has a reputation for being very problematic, my Landrovero sixth sense assured me that it would be a excellent adventure.

In 2023 I ventured to look for one in northern Europe, where it was better maintained than here in Spain, and I got at a very competitive price a 2006 unit in blue green Lugano, HSE with 413,000 km and a good looking operating condition. , all this was part of the adventure... I paid €4,400 for it and went to look for it at a dealer in Tilburg, Holland, and with only an oil change done when I picked it up, a 2,200 km trip to home, in which I remembered why I love these vehicles.

It had a problem in the suspension, which with a new original compressor (€300) was solved, but its general condition surprises me due to its long kilometers, I am updating its things, and its maintenance, thanks to this forum I have repaired the suspension, changing the timing belt and the oil pump (with 424,000 km I was still driving with the original pump) and some fluid and filter maintenance, I hope to learn more and help other users.

Post #23581318th Jan 2024 3:45 pm
olivierichard-D4

France 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

I'm Olivier from Paris, France.

So happy to get back to D4's family.

Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6 HSE - Ipanema Sand - dec 2014
152000 km - 100% tracked maintenance history from new

Click image to enlarge

Post #23581848th Jan 2024 8:25 pm
8uckles

United Kingdom 

Hi all

Post #235881213th Jan 2024 2:38 pm
Ginger Prince

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Click image to enlarge

Hi All,
First D3, wanted one for years but never took the plunge. The idea kind of went away, then one day the wife said her work colleague was selling one, didn’t think much about it until she mentioned it was a V8, 48hrs later it as on my drive. It just gets used at weekends, my company car is an EV so the D3 more than makes up for the loss of noise.
Fantastic wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Post #235936318th Jan 2024 9:23 pm
D3faf

United Kingdom 

Vard66 wrote:
Well, that was a dud. £6k asking price, rusty sills, badly tappy top end, noisy pump, pressure releasing (or vacuum showing) at the expansion tank cap, black plastic arches painted without really any prep if I had to guess, random wires sticking out in the cabin...

Got an enquiry in for another now, we'll see.

Don't forget the other dud in Swindon lol. We will get you there. Fingers crossed for Tuesday 😁👍👍👍

Post #235941819th Jan 2024 3:00 pm
RPAtotheStars

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hello,

I have finally got my D3, as most people I have wanted one for ages and finally found one in my spec and a bit cheaper due to a few issues. Hopefully I can fix them with Youtube and here Smile

It is a 2009 plate with 110k miles and is HSE spec.

Click image to enlarge

I have started off gently as I got it home and then the battery dies and I found it didn't have a locking wheel nut key.

So new battery sorted and I found the correct key on eBay Smile

Gentle start with changing the bonnet struts and then jumped in at the deep end to repair the leaking sun roof drain in the passenger side!

Click image to enlarge

That was hopefully the hardest thing, but tomorrow and probably Sunday it's the EPB!

Take care

Post #235943919th Jan 2024 6:46 pm
GazMac

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Hi All.

Just a quick hello and to say thanks for accepting me as a member. Finally scratched my Land Rover itch and picked myself up a 2011 Discovery 4 HSE which has covered 129,000 miles over its lifetime. The Discovery has been my dream car for many years and I consider myself lucky to have picked one up.

Managed to track down the old service history from Guy Salmon (Sytner) and Infield 4x4 and it seems to have been very well looked after over the years. It also appears to have been owned by a member of this forum before going to the car dealer I picked it up from in Worcester. Found some post that seem to match up.

Here's a pic taken over at Clee Hill of this magnificent vehicle.

Click image to enlarge

Looking forward to fun, trials and tribulations we're going to have with the Disco over the years to come.

To be honest we've found a couple of niggles which I'm going to start to dig into like the DAB radio not working and something strange going on with the central locking and I'm not quite sure if the fuel burning heater is working correctly but hey, that's they joy of Land Rover ownership I suppose Very Happy

I'm sure I'll be back to asking questions and gaining knowledge from all of the enthusiasts and experts on the forum and because of that I would like to say a big thank you in advance.

Fun times ahead...

GazMac

Post #235959321st Jan 2024 1:13 pm
orbit

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
new to here....

Click image to enlarge

Hello all, i have a discovery 4 hse had a few issues over the past 14 months but love my car.
have got better at fixing issues with alternators, compressors and parking brakes but who does like a bit of fun every now and then.

Post #235993724th Jan 2024 11:31 pm
L8TON

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Hi All LR Owners

Hi all just joined this site to share info and get info on my second LR4 in 1 year LOL got first one in December 2022 someone liked it more than me, so the stole it!! March 2023, got another one same colour black beige interior but got the HSE not XS model that's how much I enjoyed owning the first one but didn't get time to enjoy it so it now as steering lock tracker fitted keys in faraday pouches inside a faraday box just to be safe that me Leighton live in south wales.

First question here will i find the workshop manuals for the LR4 pdf to download need get to the windscreen pipes and change the front screen don't work did locate behind the battery and its all rotted and fell apart in my hands so the need renewing thanks for any help Very Happy Bow down

Post #236001025th Jan 2024 7:27 pm
dr.probelm

Switzerland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto ArubaDiscovery 4

Hi all.

Owner of a D4 2016 HSE SDV6, dream car. Till now just some litlle problems but nothing stark.

I joined here because of a problem on myne, but thanks this beasty i did id from Wien to Basel with the Errors on dashboard and restricted performance.

Hope to help you on issues like you helped me.

Cheers folks

Post #236003726th Jan 2024 9:08 am
Spanielbod

United Kingdom 

Hi All,
Thanks for accepting me. Hoping to add a disco 3 or 4 to what appears to an ever increasing fleet of cars on the front drive. Looking forward to expanding my spannering skills with all the advice on here.

Post #236024128th Jan 2024 8:27 pm
NCC-1031

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

Welcome aboard

How’s the weather with you?

Post #236024228th Jan 2024 8:29 pm
Spanielbod

United Kingdom 

Typical Lincolnshire weather. Cold and damp. Quite looking forward to a disco to get through the rivers we laughingly call roads😁

Post #236024328th Jan 2024 8:36 pm
Spanielbod

United Kingdom 

Hopefully this counts as my third post and I can message sr4x4 about his disco

Post #236024428th Jan 2024 8:38 pm
NCC-1031

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Vienna GreenDiscovery 3

I think that should work!

Post #236024528th Jan 2024 8:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 816 of 819 <123 ... 815816 817818819>
Jump to: