Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 656 of 819 <123 ... 655656657 ... 817818819>
Bonnielasscharters

Spain 

Hello All, I'm a long time owner of landrovers (a series 3 and freelander at the mo). I'm selling the freelander and looking to buy a Discover 3 so hoping to findo some good advice of what tour look for. Cheers Pete

Post #18970963rd Jan 2018 7:40 pm
D4rum

2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4
Newbe

Hello all.

I have recently purchased my first Land Rover! Always wanted one and now that time has arrived.
Compared to my checkered car history! This is by far the best and most fun vehicle I have had.

I have joined this forum for support and experienced knowledge of others who may be able to help with related D4 issues. In which I unfortunately have already Sad

When I purchased the car, it had an amber coloured, intermittent ‘restricted performance’ light illuminated on the dash. This I was told by the previous owner, that it was related to the dpf filter, and because of his infrequent and short journeys the car did not auto regenerate and this light would illuminate. The answer he said was to take on a longish drive and it would clear, anyway over the past couple of months it has come on more frequently and now it is permanently on. I fear it is not the Dpf filter and would like to know your thoughts.

As it’s my first LD I don’t have a trusted garage in Milton Keynes who I can faithfully trust to advise, plus I have heard that many garages just fix what they think needs doing, but it doesn’t necessarily fix the problem in hand. Before I commit to any repairs I wondered if anyone had any advice or experience with similar issues.

Thanks in advance

Neil Rolling Eyes

Post #18971743rd Jan 2018 9:54 pm
Chopped

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi There Folks,

I have been hiding in the background for a while, it seems like everytime you google something about your Disco you land up here. Definately one of the foremost sources of info out there.

I used to have a Disco 1 V8 (I still miss her) for the last two years I have been a proud owner of a Discovery 3 4.0 V6. She is not running at the moment, which is why I finally signed up.
Hopefully I can contribute as much as I learn from this forum.

Post #18972764th Jan 2018 9:07 am
iFred999

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Bonjour à tous !

Post #18973354th Jan 2018 1:23 pm
Patrick1972Barbour

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
2018, long live the Disco3

Hi all, and first things first, I wish You all a wonderful new year 2018!!

Sorry for my english, actually I'm from France but I really wanted to introduce myself here in the global and genuine section of the huge and awesome forum. Thumbs Up (I learned so much since months here!!)
We could say that I've waited more than 10 years to reach my dream, wich began in 2005 with Mr J.Clarkson climbing a scottish mountain with the D3!! I felt in love at first sight ! (with the car not with Sir Jeremy Laughing !!)...
So this is it !!! I'm a new Land Enthusiast Owner since three weeks !!! A splendid and still young D3 HSE 2006MY TDV6 with 110.000 kms.
What a machine !!!
Such a pleasure to discover this Discovery every single day !! (and the day is not enough!!)

Hoping to still learn a lot in here with you and to travel a whole galaxy with this unbelievable space station!!

Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #18974034th Jan 2018 4:30 pm
Dillon

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
New to the Discovery 3

Just bought a 2005 D3 having been a D2 owner for 5 years. First general impressions are that they are two very different animals!! I will be lurking and I'm sure asking questions very soon.
Happy new year to you all

Dillon

Post #18978865th Jan 2018 5:23 pm
jonesy

United Kingdom 

Hi all,
I have recently purchased my first discovery 3 2008. Great car love it..... thanks for all the forum information some really good advice.
Cheers
Very Happy

Post #18985267th Jan 2018 8:45 am
Ovalandrover

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
New to Disco3

Hi all
I am just about to buy a Disco 3 ,I am not new to Land Rover ownership as I own a Range Rover P38 and it is kept in the UK ( I spend half a year in the UK and half a year here in Australia),
At the moment my daily driver is a ford F250 and its time I had a change so will buy a Disco 3, I have a nanacom which is set up for P38 and also a Defender so will upgrade it to include Disco 3.
Is there any where on here that has a workshop manual similar to RAVE for the disc 3?
I also own a Series 3 that I have used for travelling around the Desert tracks out here but I find I need a bit more comfort (and air con these days) so im upgrading. I am a member of the Landyzone for my P38 needs but i think i need some other source of information regarding the Disco 3

Post #18991278th Jan 2018 11:42 pm
ty-george

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Good evening all, i have been reading many threads on here for a few months and since i bought my 15my black discovery 4 last week i thought it was time i joined! I look forward to learning a lot about it although not i hope i dont have to learn quite as much quite so quickly as i have with some of my other land rovers!

Post #18991329th Jan 2018 12:40 am
westoztrader

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hey all, i'm a Newbie to this site from sunny Perth Western Australia [actually 37 degrees celcius today 09-01-2018] and just wanted to introduce myself.
I found this site on Facebook as someone mentioned this is the best site for all your questions and answers regarding my newly acquired 2005 LR3 HSE V8.
They are extremely expensive to buy, even at this age in Western Australia, but in UK currency i still think AUD$22K will be high.
Ok, a few complaints about the vehicle is the firstly, no Bluetooth for such a sophisticated radio and the 'need of a degree' to operate the built in Navigation system, which i still have not been able to use as of yet.
One day, i will try it's off road capabilities as we have so much off road tracks i think i will run rings around the Jap and Korean manufactured vehicles with mine.
Now that the exhaust system has been upgraded to sound like a real V8, i need some help with other useful upgrades/modifications and i hope i will find what i'm looking for here Thumbs Up

Post #18991509th Jan 2018 5:10 am
Rsneil

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi all,
I was directed to this site from my dad who also owns a disco and also a member on the site.
I purchased my first discovery 3 2008 from a member on the site (RcMike) I think his user name was..
It's my first land rover and up to now really liking it!!

Just filling my wish list of item to get for her Smile

Post #18991689th Jan 2018 9:06 am
RandyMc

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hello All, Been loitering around the site for a while now. Finally said goodbye to the D2 and moved up(?) to a D3 last year. All in all enjoying the experience, but keep finding things that need fixing Laughing This is a great place to find the answers though... Cheers Andy

Post #18992589th Jan 2018 2:13 pm
Hugh22

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Hello all, I'm new to the site having just acquired a 55 plate TDV6 HSE in Tonga green from a mate who bought it brand new. I went for it as I had known the car from new and that it had been looked after and serviced at the right times etc and all the work done to it was fully documented. I've always fancied one and I reckoned that if I enjoyed the ownership experience of an old one then I might be tempted to invest(?) a bit more in a newer Disco at some point. Fully expecting it to throw up some maintenance 'challenges' I joined the forum for some hand holding. My previous Land Rover experience was as a young lad when my folks ran a Series III in the 1970's. Unfortunately they sold it in 1978 to buy a Ford cortina estate when my little sister arrived! Looking forward to getting involved.

Post #18993029th Jan 2018 5:39 pm
Unicorn_dale

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Hello

Hi Martin

I own D3 2007 2.7 auto. Have some power issues with it. May be the EGR valves need replacing.

This is my first LR and they do seem to need alot more attention then I thought. Fingers crossed, hoping the engine management light doesn't come on when I start it each day. Saying that, on the look out for a D4.

Dale

Post #18994519th Jan 2018 10:24 pm
jorgenht

Norway 
Hi all.

I'm new here. Looking to buy a Disco3, and this forum have already been very helpful in my search.
Hope to contribute some day. Smile

Post #189981210th Jan 2018 8:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 656 of 819 <123 ... 655656657 ... 817818819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >