Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Well done, Land Rover Luxembourg
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
NJF

Well done, Land Rover Luxembourg

First, I got a wave from another D3 driver in Mamer yesterday morning. Black with an expedition rack fitted. Any chance it was a disco3 member? Great car, nice people.

I spent yesterday at Geoparc, a race track and off-road centre at Saint-Dié-des-Vosges, about 2 hours' drive south of Luxembourg. Land Rover Luxembourg organised a bring-your-own-car day for their customers (and the affiliated BMW dealer, owned by the same principal, also arranged a bike track day for its customers). Access to the site was free of charge, and they provided breakfast and lunch for EUR 35. It's not a huge site but there were some nice problems, especially a couple of big hill climbs, one of which was topped off by a see-saw ridge, and some nice descents and mud sumps, which were only a few centimeters wider than the car. Rain didn't stop play but it definitely made it interesting. There must have been 50 or 60 customer cars, mostly late model FFRR, D3 (most popular), FL2 (the dealer advised the owners to stay off most of the problems), some very nice RRS and a few Defenders. I think most of us left a considerable amount of rubber on the hill climb, which was about the height of a house.

My point is to say well done, Land Rover Luxembourg. Thumbs Up Geoparc was a good day out and last year they arranged a play day at the local quarry in Bridel, Luxembourg, free of charge. The standard of their service also easily matches Mercedes and Audi in our experience.

Sorry, but I didn't take a camera. The only photo I have from the day was taken by an unmarked speed camera car south of Nancy. Yawn

I'll be going to the Land Rover Club Luxembourg meet next month. Anyone else?

Post #30283525th May 2008 6:46 pm
JF Lux

Luxembourg 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

So how come Sebastien didn't send me an invite then...? Evil or Very Mad Big Cry Evil or Very Mad (Unless it's because I've got a company car ?)

NJF - pm Allicat and Nessie. They were looking to go along but only if other disco3 members were around. I won't be there as I have a mate coming in from the UK that weekend. I might try and pop along just to take a look for a few hours.

And we must arrange a mini-meet one of these days. The country ain't that big so distance isn't a problem... Laughing

(ps. wouldn't worry about the speed camera. That one and every single one between it an Metz has got me at one time or another. I'm still waiting for the letter...)

Post #30301626th May 2008 9:57 am
NJF

I've registered for the Lux LR club meet. I can only do the Saturday, but that's the off-road day, so good enough for me. Very happy to meet up with Allicat and Nessie if they're going.

I can't make the Sunday; I've got to go to UK for work ... another bank holiday blown out Evil or Very Mad

Post #30323926th May 2008 9:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >