Advertise on DISCO3.CO.UK
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > North America & LR3/4

Well, it's now been two months of ownership! : )
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
LR4Wheeling

United States 
Well, it's now been two months of ownership! : )

All I can say is, "WOW"! We are very delighted on our decision to go with the LR4 Lux (Black / Black). It now has almost 4k miles on it, and I hop in and drive it every chance I get. I would say our two month experience is the best 2 month new vehicle ownership to date. My wife loves it and does not miss her BWM X5 in any way. She actually got into a bit of a fender bender in a parking lot. The LR4 took on a Chrysler MiniVan and the LR4 won! My wife backed into the minivan as it was moving "too fast" behind her to see it in the review monitor or have the alarm go off. It was just a nudge, but that nudge t-boned the minivan at the hinge of the driver side door. The minivans driver side door does not open now! The LR4 did not even have a mark on it (anywhere!). The driver of the minivan didn't want to involve the police, and said they'd just deal with the damage. I think it's because she realized she was driving too fast in a parking lot and assumed about 50% of the blame. My wife offered to pay for her repairs, but the lady didn't seem busted up about it. Chalk one up for the LR4. I guess its 5500 or so pound curb weight doesn't like to get "pushed around"!

Oh, on another note, we've not had one single hick up, and the vehicle has just been superb! We are also averaging around 17.1 to 18.5 miles per gallon depending on ratio of highway to in town driving. Very pleased!

Cheers all,

Joe

Post #69321715th Sep 2010 5:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >