DISCO3.CO.UK > General

Where's your disco3.co.uk sticker?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
JMC

Scotland 
Where's your disco3.co.uk sticker?

I'm upset!!! Shocked

Done 1300 miles over the past few days, from Aberdeen to Torquay, Southampton, London, M1 etc and I have only seen one disco3.co.uk sticker. The only reason I saw that sticker was because I knew where to find it - blueanchorinn.... Wink

Idea Can we have a new 'standard' for the stickers and get people to put a bright orange one in the top right hand corner (looking out) of the windscreen. I have spent so much time looking backwards at D3s this week just to see if their stickers were on the back window that I have a 'crick' in my neck. Not to mention the number of emergency stops made due to not watching the road ahead. Embarassed

Then there are the funny looks from people I have waved at as on-coming traffic that turned out not to have any stickers on the back of the cars......

If I had more time, I might have been turning up at a number of known addresses just to take pictures of Mantec plates and see some disco3 stickers. Shocked

Dickgriff and Dom Harvey came close to getting a visit on Monday, DiscoFlo would have had some grapes taken to him on Tuesday if I'd had the ba**s to brave the London traffic (got the tube from Cockfosters to Knightsbridge instead). Saw a sign for Oxford today and thought of Matt. Heading north tomorrow so I could still catch one or two as I pass Gareth, but it might be easier to wait for a gathering of them in Grantown on Spey.... Wink

Been missing you lot as my Laptop has been without a connection in a surprising number of 4-star establishments Shocked

Can't wait to get back to mountains and empty roads........ and some friendly Sheep

How do you cope with all this damn traffic???

Post #10437224th Nov 2006 1:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
SN

Re: Where's your disco3.co.uk sticker?

JMC wrote:
Been missing you lot as my Laptop has been without a connection in a surprising number of 4-star establishments Shocked
See my free wireless thread Wink

WOuldn't those great big orange disco3.co.uk stickers the moroccan boys had down the side of their doors be better? Wink
 Steve N | 21MY Defender | 08MY Discovery 3 (history) | 06MY Discovery 3 (ancient history)   
Post #10437424th Nov 2006 2:03 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
JMC

Scotland 
Re: Where's your disco3.co.uk sticker?

qzdcg8 wrote:
See my free wireless thread

Saw that one, but I did search in these places without any success Crying or Very sad

qzdcg8 wrote:
Wouldn't those great big orange disco3.co.uk stickers the moroccan boys had down the side of their doors be better?

BIG TIME Thumbs Up

Mind you, I doubt if all but a few would go that far......

I should also say that I have been surprised by the number of women seen driving D3s down this way. Shouldn't they all be chained to the kitchen sink Shocked What are you guys doing letting women drive your cars Question

I was also (very) surprised at the woman I saw emerging from a FFRR outside Harrods on Tuesday with her skirt at access height Wink Laughing

Post #10437624th Nov 2006 2:12 am
Very Annoyed

England 

JMC my Mrs drives her D3 with sticker with pride - she loves the disco3 sticker. (and the Mantec plate!)
 Loving the power of the TDV8!  
Post #10438624th Nov 2006 8:22 am
dflo

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

JMC,

I agree, I think some sort of forward facing identifier would be good - I get way too many blank looks waving at D3 drivers... Although as you noticed, many are women down here - Wink

So, I have 2 suggestions...

As many people (or other halves), are not keen on "over stickering" their vehicles, how about...

1. A new small circular (same size as tax disc?) orange disco3.co.uk sticker that could be "featured" on the windscreen top right as viewed by oncoming vehicles - ? (Should be pretty visible but not too obtrusive)

2. A smaller version of the existing sticker (say about 2cm high) that could go top right... (I recall the LR vehicles had something like this on their screens at the recent London motor show?)

PS - JMC, Bearing comestibles you would have been more than welcome!
 "Funny, mine doesn't do that......."  
Post #10439224th Nov 2006 9:36 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

I like the idea of the bright DISCO3.CO.UK disc, top left hand corner. It would be easily spotted from t'other side of the road!

I personally have never managed to spot another DISCO3.CO.UK sticker on a car on the road. I am usually on the motorways and see loads of D3's, but its too dangerous to be sticker hunting at that speed.

I managed to spot DSL coming the other way on the A80 in the summer, but only because I knew he would be in the area and I spotted his reg. (the fact that I was stationary in traffic helped too).

I also saw RLD on his way to Morocco in his 130 on the M66, again I know the vehicle, but an orange disc would be good.

I'd buy a couple anyway!

Post #10440624th Nov 2006 10:30 am
Doctor Diesel

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

My Sticker is in my garage waiting for the car.......3 weeks, 6 days, 23 hrs and 25 mins not that I'm counting!! Laughing
 2007 HSE Java Black.....sold
2007 B150 Horizon Blue
2008 Toyota Aygo Platinum

--------------------------------------------------
The Master of Suave !

Ding-Dong Matron 

Post #10440824th Nov 2006 10:35 am
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

How about this

Post #10441424th Nov 2006 10:57 am
dflo

Andrew,

Too subtle - Wink
Post #10441824th Nov 2006 11:09 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Nice new avatar discoflo, M25 on a good day???

Post #10443424th Nov 2006 12:20 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Just done 400 miles in the pi**ing rain and wouldn't have seen a disco3 sticker on a car even if it was in front of me..... Except for about 30 miles (2 hours) of M1 traffic between Derby and Sheffield. Evil or Very Mad

Saw a silver D3 with a few roof mounted extras on the M1 (going south) and wondered if I had just been TFC'd...... Question

Got to Newcastle and headed for the A68 and everything simply went quiet Very Happy Few cars, signs of livestock, trees and hills. GREAT Razz

Now safely ensconsed in a lovely Castle in the borders with a (very) large whisky and wireless access in the room. Even VA would be impressed 8)

Post #10457825th Nov 2006 12:16 am
dflo

JMC wrote:
Now safely ensconsed in a lovely Castle in the borders with a (very) large whisky and wireless access in the room. Even VA would be impressed 8)

JMC, Have one for me - Wink
Post #10457925th Nov 2006 12:19 am
JMC

Scotland 

Already did that Ian - when I was inside the M25 earlier in the week Wink

If anybody is looking for a nice hotel inside the M25, I can recommend the West Lodge Park just down from Potters Bar. The only 4-star hotel in the North London / Herts area and just 2mins from the Cockfosters tube on the Piccadilly line. Thumbs Up

They just need to sort out some Internet access........ Embarassed

Post #10458025th Nov 2006 12:24 am
TonyH

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I have never seen another D3 displaying the sticker because like me, most put in the rear window. As previously suggested, a bright orange sticker on the front screen could be very effective.

I too wave at other D3 drivers, just in case,.... but it does not go down well with the wife when the driver turns out to be an attractive female. Makes it worse when she waves back!!

There are a number of websites for companies who supply corporate gifts and tax disk holders are commonly available. The long shaped one that holds the disk and a card, where the ad can be seen from the outside would be appropriate.

Martin, what do you think about adding this option to the shop, I'm sure that it would go down well.
 *Disco3 7-seat Auto
March 2006
Zermatt silver
*Disco TD5 GS Manual
Epson Green
108,000 miles without a single problem
*Disco TD200 Manual
Bonatti Grey
55,000 trouble-free miles
*Various company cars, no comparison 

Post #10458325th Nov 2006 3:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >