Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > Maintenance & Mods (D4)

Whistling from secondary turbo
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Saense

United Kingdom 
Whistling from secondary turbo

Discovery 4 - Most reliable car going right?

2 new issues (2013 hse lux)

1) Since beginning of the month, at approx 2500 rpm , secondary turbo kicks in, and i get a high pitched whistling noise, I'm assuming something stuck open / a split hose somewhere. It doesn't produce any smoke, nor do i get the noise from the primary turbo , only under heavier acceleration. It will only do it under load, LR Assist tried and failed to replicate it on the drive, said he didn't think it was a turbo bearing or it'd be doing it all the time and would have failed by now.

Any ideas ? Had been thinking about actuators/egr ? Also thinking along the lines of a split pipe somewhere?

Edit : no apparent loss of power

2) Second issue is an odd one, not sure if related to the windscreen i had replaced at the end of 2018. As i pass anything on my left, i can hear more outside noise from that side, than on the drivers side. E.g. Driving down a residential road with cars on both sides, i can hear outside noise on both sides , but sounds louder on the left. Almost feels as though it's coming from over my left shoulder.

Windscreen has been re-sealed once, but i'm not convinced it is that, LR gave me some BS about needing it calibrated but wouldn't elaborate (Point blank refused to go into detail with me, so won't be going back there!! - Grange Hatfield)

I'm thinking potentially a door seal, but they all look fine, not pinched/cut/squashed, could it be the rear fixed sunroof seal?

Lastly.... Definitely not going mad because others can hear it too!

Post #202267227th Jan 2019 12:15 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >