Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO3.CO.UK > General

White smoke!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Henrique

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
White smoke!

Hi, I am from Brazil. looks like that I am the only brazilian in this forum.
Well, my Disco3 is a brand new Silver TDV6 HSE. Now it has 1200 Km. So far I am having 2 problems:

First: when stopped and I start to move i can feel lack of power up to 1500-2000 rpm. Then looks like that the turbo start to work and the car turns in a rocket. As my car is automatic, I would to know if it is normal.

Second: I have noted (two times) a huge white smoke comming from the two rear pipes. In one time I have just parked the car and I did not have turn it off yet. The second time I have just turn it on and after 400 meters the smokes have appeared when stopped ina traffic light. In both ocasions, the smoke comes and went out in seconds. Also, the engine was still cold. The air temperature around 25 celsius. I never have used biodiesel.

So, could you please help me. Thanks in advance and sorry about my English. Rolling Eyes

Henrique

Post #4846318th Mar 2006 11:15 pm
randalls

Scotland 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

White smoke when first started is normal. Water has condensated in the exhaust system. If the white smoke continues whilst you are driving for a prolonged period you have an internal coolant leak, i.e., cracked head/blown head gasket. But from what you said I doubt it.

The other issue is probably 'turbo lag' but I dont know when the turbo cuts in on a D3 - but somebody will be able to help on that soon.
 Bow downSheep 2007 TDV6 HSE 'Silver Lady'. With 'free' privacy glass LOL.
Taking the greenpi$$ is: Green taxing your citizens more & using some of the money to buy nukes.Bow downSheep 

Post #4846918th Mar 2006 11:55 pm
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi Henrique, the first may down to the way you were driving before you accelerated.

If you drive gently ( economically ) for a while and then try to do a fast acceleration, the computer on board thinks you still want to be driving economically and as such reduces the response to the motor.

You can try this out by simply driving the D3 vigourously and see if it starts to accelerate faster a few minutes.

As to the smoke, I had a similar problem when I first got my Range Rover. It turned out to be too much engine oil and was quickly fixed at the first service.
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #4847019th Mar 2006 12:02 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

The slight hesitation is normal in an auto, you will get used to it. White smoke could be condensation. Is it over filled with oil?

Post #4867019th Mar 2006 11:28 pm
Henrique

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks for the replies. I will go to the dealer on monday morning and will ask to verify the oil level. Very Happy

Just as an information: today I have tested my car in the mud for the first time. It was soberb, magnific, terrific!. As my wife says: I am in Love with the car! The traction control worked fine. I got mud to the center of the wheel. This remember me my last Land Rover, a Defender 110 that I have used to cross the Amazon Jungle using the Transamazonica Road. That is other story.

Post #4868020th Mar 2006 12:03 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >